dylanisabaddog

Best and worst pundit at the Euros

The worst is definitely Ally McCoist although there is a lot of competition. 

I think the best is Jermaine Jenas. 

Surprised and a bit disappointed that Cambridge hasn't posted this. Are rumours that he has got a woman true? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Confused 1

I find Ally McCoist a long way from being the worst and quite funny with some of his quips.

Earnshaw and Hartson are as dull as dishwater and Danny Murphy not much better.

• Like 1

I reckon Souness is the worst, and Gary Neville / Cesc Fabregas are the most interesting, although I really like Jenas

Edited by Newtopia

McCoist is a good co-comms, gets the balance between informing and entertaining just right.

Emma Hayes has been the best technically.

Savage is the worst, yesterday he looked like tramp and just talked rubbish all game.

• Like 2

Nice to see Emma Hayes get a mention. She’s been brilliant imo.

McCoist is the best by a mile. Including the radio Lianne Sanderson and Dean Saunders are atrocious. 

7 minutes ago, ec-p said:

Speaks a lot of sense, unfortunately has the voice of D1ck van D1ke's sister which makes her irritating. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
Stupid censor

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

De Jong is pretty good and has got it all, blokes think he’s cool and women love him. Bit like me really. 

Try growing a beard. It's what I did and it got women down to manageable numbers

• Haha 2

Souness is the worst, absolute dinosaur views and dreadful teeth.

Jenas is actually coming on leeps and bounds since he's been doing the 'One Show'. A future replacement for Linekar I hope.

23 minutes ago, ec-p said:

Absolutely, really knowledgeable and passionate in a non excitable way. She’s by far one of the best. Unlike Aluko who is just full of obvious comments. Gary Neville has been good.

Edited by Indy

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Speaks a lot of sense, unfortunately has the voice of D1ck van D1ke's sister which makes her irritating. 

Come on! Play the game.

Don't cheat.

We all know its **** van ****! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If only Tommy Steele had got that role

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There’s something about Hayes that really irritates me, Fabregas is pretty good 

Is it the way she breathes? That's what did it for me with my ex

• Haha 1

De Jong is very good too. As for McCoist I like him, he’s good for a laugh or two urging a match, by far not the worst.

Keown and Jenas are complete muppets. Say nothing other than the bleeding obvious and don't add anything to the commentary IMHO.

At least McCoist is entertaining.

Best I’d say is Klinsmann. I like McCoist . I have watched loads but I must have missed Emma Hayes.  I think she is pretty good when I’ve heard her speak. I also don’t mind Hartson. 

But the standard of football punditry is dire by and large . I can pick out 4 at least that I struggle to listen to- Savage being the stand out worst but closely followed by Souness , Eni Aluko and Martin “Bawljum” Keown. Oh, and AshleyCole (actually he might be the stand out worst!) 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Best I’d say is Klinsmann. I like McCoist . I have watched loads but I must have missed Emma Hayes.  I think she is pretty good when I’ve heard her speak. I also don’t mind Hartson. 

But the standard of football punditry is dire by and large . I can pick out 4 at least that I struggle to listen to- Savage being the stand out worst but closely followed by Souness , Eni Aluko and Martin “Bawljum” Keown. Oh, and AshleyCole (actually he might be the stand out worst!) 

I'd forgotten about Ashley. The only thing I have in common with Cheryl 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Garth Crooks could and should be used more, always honest and on it. 

In a similar thread on Reddit recently there wasn't a lot of love for Garth Crooks as a pundit, but maybe the average age of posters there is a bit too young to appreciate him at his best. Always been a fan of Garth and I remember a time where he was presenting non-football stuff on the BBC too - always a bit surreal to see him interviewing a politician or hosting a current affairs debate.

He was also pretty good as "Garth Brooks" on Fantasy Football League.

Micah Richards was pretty bad. Scott Brown, Gordon Strachan as well. Fabrengas I liked.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Micah Richards was pretty bad. Scott Brown, Gordon Strachan as well. Fabrengas I liked.

My goodness Scott Brown. I’d forgotten him. I’ve got shoes that would be more interesting to listen to. 

Roy Keane is my favourite so far. He says it how it is and has a laugh while doing it. 

Savage is a **

I enjoy McCoist - he called the penalty right against Holland and talks a lot of sense. He played when hard tackles were the norm and doesn't believe this "he felt a touch in the box and had the right to go down" nonsense.

I really like McCoist, really balanced in his views and has such a cheerful disposition with good natured banter.

Then on the other hand we have Robbie Savage. It’s the first time I’ve ever had to turn the sound off a game, when he was tugging himself silly during the last Wales group game.

If you're watching on the Beeb I thoroughly recommend switching to the 5Live commentary through iplayer. Then you don't have to worry about Savage, Keown and the other muppets (although I too think Jenas is good). 

In terms of pundits, there are way too many who just need to get in the laser bin - Shearer, Keane, Souness, Richards... Ugh!