Sign in to follow this  
misterantony

Joma over Nike?

30 minutes ago, misterantony said:

Are you mental Norfolk? You could choose the biggest name in sports apparell globally, and you want some crap Sunday league supplier?

image.jpeg.eeb6140523adfb93b4c67f963a55d227.jpeg

• Haha 1

Nike gear is ****. Why would you want their stuff?

It's like the Apple of sports gear. Looks hip but all show, no go.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nike- Expensive.

Jorma- Chepest of the cheap.

You work out why we chose Jorma.

Joma not Jorma. 

• Haha 1

We shall wait until we see the kit. Joma kits aren't so bad. I like Spain's home kit 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tbh I’d pretty much go for anyone over Nike.

Agreed, Nike kits are outrageously expensive and have the design sense of a 2 year old. 

You say it like we've had a choice 😂 Id sooner have adidas but we've always gone for the cheap unheard ofs so shouldn't be a surprise 

Joma means we can have Lotus as our main kit sponsor and I trust their ability to produce a quality kit without being subject to their demands. 

Nike means we’d have identical shirts to all the other teams who have the same but with just yellow as the main colour.

9 hours ago, misterantony said:

Are you mental Norfolk? You could choose the biggest name in sports apparell globally, and you want some crap Sunday league supplier?

I’ve got the Atalanta shirt and much prefer it to the Norwich shirt. Quite interested to see how Norwich’s turns out. Was never a fan of errea.

congrats on your one and only post btw. 

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

Why would anyone want Nike? We'd just end up with their generic template. 

I've been pleasantly surprised by Joma's kits recently, particularly Ukraine and Hibs. 

Hummel would be the choice, naturally, but I think Joma might make us an interesting, bespoke kit. 

That they're 'the biggest name in sports apparal globally' is one very good reason to not even want to point a ****ty stick at them.

Mass naff.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Do you think Norwich pay for someone to manufacture the shirt? 

They take a large cut from the sales so he's kind of right.

I personally couldn't care less who makes our shirt. Bar the one with the boxes I don't think Errea have done too badly (can't say anything about quality as I've not owned any of them).

20 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

They take a large cut from the sales so he's kind of right.

I personally couldn't care less who makes our shirt. Bar the one with the boxes I don't think Errea have done too badly (can't say anything about quality as I've not owned any of them).

All manufacturers take 80% - 90% of the profit of each shirt sale. The larger companies like Adidas and Nike are more likely to want a higher cut compared to the smaller companies. 

The idea that Norwich would choose Joma because they are ‘cheap’ is totally wide if the mark, as Norwich don’t pay any money to whoever their shirt manufacturer ends up being. It is about how much money any company will give Norwich for the licence to make the shirt. 

• Like 1

I've had Joma kits for the club I'm involved in, some of it is good quality like the shirts and shorts and tracksuits, the coats were atrocious and fell apart, that might of course been a one off.

For what it's worth I'd love us to go back to Hummel, loved the one we had years ago.

I never understand the hatred towards Nike as a shirt designer. 

Fans constantly complain that we have the 'cheap' companies; Pony, Xara, Errea, Joma, Fruits of the Loom, etc. and then also complain if we had Nike!

I do understand the valid argument of template design regarding Nike, but I've always found Nike clothing to be comfortable fitting and with specific regards to their football shirts, to be a clean design. 

• Like 1