6 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Anyone else impressed by #7 Barak for the Czechs?

Yes and only a year left on his contract.

The red card has changed the game but it was a stupid handball. Czechys have been great though, some really good players in that team.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes and only a year left on his contract.

Indeed! Has put together some solid seasons in Serie A but for some reason hasn't kicked on for Udinese. I think we should do this! Someone tell Webber! 🙂 

Done Frank de Boer's flagging career absolutely no favours.

Should have put Timmy in goal.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Anyone who claimed Englabd were ****e after beating this Czech team woth relative comfort rethinking it now?

Nope, still think we’ve not looked all that thus far. Hopefully we’ll start moving through the gears from Tuesday onwards! But it’s Germany...

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well done @Indy and the Czechs. Well deserved.

Indeed Herman, still buzzing, be great for a Czech v England semi final………been banging on, Hlozek 16 million, Karl 10 million buy out clause two young and talented players….we still have money left from the sale of Buendia!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Could do worse than look at some of those guys - but sadly bigger sides with deeper pockets might be thinking much the same. 

Yes West Ham!

59 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Anyone else impressed by #7 Barak for the Czechs?

I had a season ticket at Lecce in the 2019/20 season when Barak was there and I was a massive fan. I was thinking last summer that Norwich could use him as a Stiepermann upgrade but he ended up going to Verona on loan instead, and although I haven't seen anything recently about it, Verona do have the option to sign him permanently which they will exercise (if they haven't already). I kept a close eye on him last season at Verona and he was excellent again, so he may have played himself out of our price range. I was also very surprised he didn't get a chance in the group stages as he's a quality player.

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I had a season ticket at Lecce in the 2019/20 season when Barak was there and I was a massive fan. I was thinking last summer that Norwich could use him as a Stiepermann upgrade but he ended up going to Verona on loan instead, and although I haven't seen anything recently about it, Verona do have the option to sign him permanently which they will exercise (if they haven't already). I kept a close eye on him last season at Verona and he was excellent again, so he may have played himself out of our price range. I was also very surprised he didn't get a chance in the group stages as he's a quality player.

Possibly, good player and good age at 26. Again at 6”3 and pretty solid would certainly add to our squad. Trouble now is that those younger next in line from these leagues are out of our range due to Brexit!

Yes I’m thinking Belgium but with Ronaldo, anything is possible! Winner plays Italy in Rome don’t they?

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well, I think Belgium should win it. So it will be the Portugeezers.

2/1 approximately - Ronaldo’s last hurrah?

Just now, Indy said:

Yes I’m thinking Belgium but with Ronaldo, anything is possible! Winner plays Italy in Rome don’t they?

Tough games there, imagine being in that side of the draw only to lose to Ukraine in the final? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Possibly, good player and good age at 26. Again at 6”3 and pretty solid would certainly add to our squad. Trouble now is that those younger next in line from these leagues are out of our range due to Brexit!

As well as his physicality, he's also got a thunderous left foot and decent footballing brain. I also remember an interview he gave during last season in which he expressed a desire to play in the Premier League...

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

2/1 approximately - Ronaldo’s last hurrah?

Tough games there, imagine being in that side of the draw only to lose to Ukraine in the final? 🤣

Get a £1 on Ukraine! That would be funny, beat Portugal, go to Rome, beat Italy, play France in the semi! As you say tough games then lose to Ukraine! 😂

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Anyone who claimed Englabd were ****e after beating this Czech team woth relative comfort rethinking it now?

Why?

We beat Czech Republic. They beat Scotland. We couldn't beat Scotland.

Meaningless comparisons.

Belgium are playing like a side that's ultra-mindful of the counter-attack.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

European heavyweights they might be but quite a dull game for me so far. 

Talked that up! That was some strike.