Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Lotus - it’s confirmed.

Worst kept secret ever, but happy with that and I’m sure the shirt sales will be through the roof now 👍

• Like 1

This line is very underrated and hilarious:

Ed Balls

Ed Balls?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

This line is very underrated and hilarious:

Ed Balls

Ed Balls?

Ha ha took me a moment to get that WD40! 🏆

Obviously no surprise there but good it's all sorted it won't be the same money but some is better than none, how long is the deal anyone know?

Will guarantee you there’s people trying to find dirt on Lotus right now ha ha.

We will definitely have one of the classiest shirt sponsors in the Premier League now, amongst all those tacky betting firms 👍

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

Obviously no surprise there but good it's all sorted it won't be the same money but some is better than none, how long is the deal anyone know?

It says principal partner 2021-22, so I'm assuming just for this season initially.

Got my Dean Ashton Lotus sponsored shirt from 2005 signed by the man himself.  What a horrible colour yellow that was. 

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Anyone know how much we get for this deal ?

It was mentioned that it was 7 figures, how long was the BK8 deal for? We might not have come out of this badly at all from a financial point of view?

One season only and can't find anything on how much they will pay for the deal, but a good outcome to end this fiasco.

Looking forward to seeing the new shirt!

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

BK8 deal was worth 5million 

Over how many years, can you remember, Swindon?

BK8 was just a one year deal, wasn’t it?

Interestingly, the NCFC site now has Lotus as “principle partner”, rather than “principal”….seems to be a spelling mistake, unless it’s back to the ‘values’ again?!

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

One season only and can't find anything on how much they will pay for the deal, but a good outcome to end this fiasco.

Looking forward to seeing the new shirt!

A 7 figure deal so up to a £4m hit in one year - ouch!

Hopefully we'll sell more shirts though and say a tenner extra will soften the blow.

‘Lotus has committed that every employee across the world receives their very own Norwich City replica shirt.’

Excellent......Most Excellent......No tacky tack tack emblazoned across the front of our shirts......"HUZZAH!".....

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

‘Lotus has committed that every employee across the world receives their very own Norwich City replica shirt.’

*Which is approximately 1,500 shirts

**Unfortunately, 987 of these are Ipswich supporters

Edited by Alex Moss

Never been a fan of betting sponsors (especially the dodgy companies that nobodies ever heard of that turn up on PL shirts) but after a while I got used to both Leovegas and Dafabet and kindof 'tuned it out'. Lotus though I think will look really great on the kit and expect there will be a few envious looks our way from fans of other Prem sides. Looking forward to seeing the new shirt now. 

And I enjoyed the video, thought it was quite funny.

Very happy with this, it's great that it's a company that we have had previously and already supports the club in other areas of sponsorship. Also the added bonus that its a Norfolk brand which I think sits beautifully with us being a single county club (sorry Lynn).

I'd imagine its likely somewhere in the region of 1.5 and 2 million for the season, but I guess the club are hoping to recoup some of that with them being able to boast the shirt sales, especially with the kids kits being able to have the same look as the teams shirts for the first time since Aviva. 

Lovely to see lotus back on the shirt, assume this won't be worth the same amount of money though

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Anyone would think that was done in a hurry 😂

212mph in under 15 seconds apparently, GPB!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

4m drop in sponsorship revenue....I dont see a lot to celebrate here..

It is what is, we were never going to get the same sort of deal in a hurry unfortunately. And there’s a lot of assumptions that it’s baseline £1mil, it could well be higher, but the most negative slant is of course preferable.