Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

The Tree

This, my friend, rather feels like some kind of symbol for division in our society doesn't it? I mean it is literally divided.....The inability to compromise, a certain mean-minded spirit, spiteful. Quite sad. Reminded me of Brexit and a few other aspects of peoples' personalities. What is it with boundaries?!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Why couldn't the tree be moved away from the neighbour's drive?

Tree should have moved itself.   It didn't so it got what was coming to it

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

Tree should have moved itself.   It didn't so it got what was coming to it

All seriously, to move the tree you would need to dig a root ball the size of a car engine, which would have meant digging up a chunk of the neighbours driveway which he clearly wouldn't have liked either. Boring answer but there you go.

8 hours ago, Herman said:

All seriously, to move the tree you would need to dig a root ball the size of a car engine, which would have meant digging up a chunk of the neighbours driveway which he clearly wouldn't have liked either. Boring answer but there you go.

Quite a large car engine too,  Hermano. Wrong time of year as well.  

• Like 1

Aye, I think the man has basically killed it. It's never going to grow back to any shape so they will be best to chop it down (accidentally onto his car) or leave it like that so the birds can still nest and do their business on his car and drive.😀

It is plainly a metaphor for the NI protocol. The resident who planted the tree never thought their neighbour would take such a nit-picking and legalistic approach...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Van wink said:

Anyone interested in amusingly shaped carrot photos?

image.thumb.png.e881517b1e0605811a09d48fda14b472.png

I’m old school this just made me laugh……reminds me of that Esther Rantzen That’s Life show in the 70s where they always had a funny vegetable photo! 

• Like 1