Bradwell canary

Express today, Max and Skipp

At the risk of going OT I would also mention that Man City have Sterling and Foden who will be used to working with Kane. Man City to me always seem to have too many players around the edge of the penalty area and overplaying it, if they can get Kane to stay in the box it will create another option. It's a good move in my view.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

This is why Kante is more valuable than someone like Tettey ever was. If Tettey was chipping in with 5+ goals a season and 10 assists or something, he wouldn't have been with us as long as he was.

I don’t disagree with your point, but… when Tettey did score, they were spectacular!

I’ve gone all wistful now 😢. SHOOOOOOTTT!!!

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Kane doesn't strike me as a player that would fit in well with a Man city type side. He's always struck me as a player who is either very good or very ordinary, with no half measures of being good even when he's not scoring.  All strikers have times when they are not scoring, but give lots to the team in other ways, which is what Man city will need, but I don't see that with Kane. Probably totally wrong (as usual) but at prices being quoted, doesn't seem a good move to me. Can see him staying at Spurs.

I would say Kane is a very good example of a striker who contributes a lot even when not scoring. He's a hard worker and is an excellent passer of the ball- which is something that has been seen more in the last year but has always been a feature of his game.

He's not quite sharp at the moment but that's only a temporary thing.

He does seem to have dodgy ankles though and I'm not sure how many seasons he'll get through without an injury lay off. Maybe none. 

Quality player.

Edited by GJP
  • Like 1

Looking at the round up of Alex's bangers I am reminded of the greener element of City shirts in the PL.  Saving the mostly yellow shirts for Championship promotion and opting for the green for relegations.  Can we change it this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

Looking at the round up of Alex's bangers I am reminded of the greener element of City shirts in the PL.  Saving the mostly yellow shirts for Championship promotion and opting for the green for relegations.  Can we change it this season.

Let’s hope so, Pete, and I think there’s many reasons to be positive this far!

yes - agree great solution.  Skipp harder to replace than Max.  Max good right back but harder to cover midfield position than full back . So definitely great solution for prem league 

We're saying we can get another right back in but it'll be hard to get a DM as good as Skipp, so this possibility is worth exploring.

I wonder if Tottenham think they can probably get (or have) a decent DM in but are going to find it hard to acquire a RB as good as Max?

If that's their thinking, well....

38 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

We're saying we can get another right back in but it'll be hard to get a DM as good as Skipp, so this possibility is worth exploring.

I wonder if Tottenham think they can probably get (or have) a decent DM in but are going to find it hard to acquire a RB as good as Max?

If that's their thinking, well....

Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Hoijberg, Ndombele are all fighting for CDM/CM slots and I suspect they're all ahead of Skipp due to money spent/prem experience. 

Plus they'll have 100m from Kane minimum which allows more potential incomings. 

I can see Skipp being offered for Arrons with say 10m up front and 5m add ons (valuing arrons at 30m and skipp at 15m). And then they agree to inserting a buy back clause at say 30-40m or something.

I'm not entirely sure where this notion we can easily replace Max has come from. Sure we can get a solid right back but the pure energy and skill of Max will be difficult to find and he's so important to the way we play.

I'd argue it would be easier to find a solid DM. I realise Max may be keen to leave, but given the choice I'd have Max over Skipp all day long.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I realise Max may be keen to leave, but given the choice I'd have Max over Skipp all day long.

Hard to choose for me.  Max has made that position his own and makes it look so easy that I think we sometimes take him for granted and that he wouldn't be hard to replace, but I think we'd miss him on the right hand side. Skipp is clearly an asset in  front of the defence and one of the reasons why we got better defensively last season, so ideally have them both.  However, we do have right backs in Mumba and Byram (if we can get him fit) and Sorensen is a capable back up anywhere on the pitch, if needed.

If pushed, on balance I'd have Skipp plus some cash to buy another player to strengthen the right hand side. 

I suppose with Max you've got to ask why he'd want to stay. Sure he's happy and playing every week, but Godfrey I learned today is on 77,000 a week at Everton. Max has proved himself at Premier League level, won the Championship twice with us. Realistically he's done everything he can with us, the best he can hope for is survival or a mid-table finish. 

Moving to a bigger club means European football, a title challenge, maybe even international recognition. Oh and a huge wad of cash.

I love Max, but lets be honest he should consider his career as stagnating should he stay much longer with us. He seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders and remained grounded when Barcelona showed interest, but now he should surely be looking to take the next step without going as far as agitating for a move. Seems a guy who lets his football do the talking.

I would love him to stay from a selfish point of view but would go with our blessing I think if someone matched our valuation.

Skipp plus cash I think would be a decent deal. 

Wouldnt take a loan though. Skipp and Gilmour would be good to see, but only if Skipp were our player. As Chelsea have realised we're a good place to develop a young footballer and Tottenham shouldnt act like loaning him to us to develop their player is a favour to us that we should pay for with Max. 

In fact having Gilmour now might even show that we dont actually need Skipp as much and may help us in the bargaining there.

Gilmour looks nailed on to be a Chelsea first team player next season. Cant see Skipp playing much this year for Spurs so in their interest for him to come and play football at this level like Gilmour. But if its on loan and not a permanent it shouldnt be part of any deal for Max

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Like 2

Why would Skipp join us permanently when he will probably be in Spurs team within two years? Just asking for a friend.

10 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Why would Skipp join us permanently when he will probably be in Spurs team within two years? Just asking for a friend.

Would you rather benchwarm with the odd game for 2 years, or play 40+ games a season for us whilst developing your career much more in the process?

On 26/06/2021 at 07:53, CANARYKING said:

Source ?

One of the Top Youngsters was Agreed and Done a month or so ago , i Do not know if it Is Todd OR Max 

i was not told who or when 

Maybe waiting after Euros or until Manager hired ? 

i did tell a few Posters that the Money from Emi had been used and new signings were made and Agreed ages ago

All Norwich Targets have been found and Dealing has been going on for a long time 

The Future is very Bright i have no worries about that 

24 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

One of the Top Youngsters was Agreed and Done a month or so ago , i Do not know if it Is Todd OR Max 

i did tell a few Posters that the Money from Emi had been used and new signings were made and Agreed ages ago

All Norwich Targets have been found and Dealing has been going on for a long time 

Is it fair to assume that we have other deals over the line already but we’re choosing to filter them through over the coming weeks for supporter interest, rather than just announcing them all at once? Sounds very exciting buddy 👍

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

That was around the time Skippy was seen in Norwich.  Maybe 2+2=4 and indicates a swap deal done with Max for Skipp??

Or maybe that is 2+2=3,254.....🤔 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That was around the time Skippy was seen in Norwich.  Maybe 2+2=4 and indicates a swap deal done with Max for Skipp??

like i said LDC i was not told anymore but who knows with transfers 2+2 = 4 or 0 

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good call there to be fair, Lakey - could be crazy mathematics, but then could be a plausible scenario too 👍

Training starts tomorrow!  A lot of questions will be answered then, but I think many more will be raised!

13 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Would you rather benchwarm with the odd game for 2 years, or play 40+ games a season for us whilst developing your career much more in the process?

More money and a higher playing level. I just can't see how joining us permanently would "develop his career much more". His next move on from us would be to a better PL club - he is already there, highly thought of and likely to get his chance. Even a loan is a small possibility, but no chance of a permanent.

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

More money and a higher playing level. I just can't see how joining us permanently would "develop his career much more". His next move on from us would be to a better PL club - he is already there, highly thought of and likely to get his chance. Even a loan is a small possibility, but no chance of a permanent.

I totally respect where you're coming from here, and it does make a lot of sense, but I'd also ask you consider the flip side, which is the possibility that he stays at Spurs, never gets the chance he may deserve, spends the next couple of years playing very little and then gets sold on for a relatively low price (possibly to a Champs level team rather than Prem) having wasted that time in-between where instead he could have been playing every week at this level with us.

There are no guarantees in football, so do you have overriding self-belief and take the gamble you WILL make it at Spurs, or take the 'safe' option and come here with a possible buy-back deal once you've proved yourself at the top level?

Lots of variables to think about, and whilst I also accept him coming would be unlikely, I can see the arguments as to why he might as well.

21 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

It's fine, it was Soto's move to Porto...

3 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

I totally respect where you're coming from here, and it does make a lot of sense, but I'd also ask you consider the flip side, which is the possibility that he stays at Spurs, never gets the chance he may deserve, spends the next couple of years playing very little and then gets sold on for a relatively low price (possibly to a Champs level team rather than Prem) having wasted that time in-between where instead he could have been playing every week at this level with us.

There are no guarantees in football, so do you have overriding self-belief and take the gamble you WILL make it at Spurs, or take the 'safe' option and come here with a possible buy-back deal once you've proved yourself at the top level?

Lots of variables to think about, and whilst I also accept him coming would be unlikely, I can see the arguments as to why he might as well.

Well, to be fair, I never believed for a second that Emi would go to Villa so I hope you're right and I'm wrong again! (I still find it hard to understand why Emi went to Villa.....)

50 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Well, to be fair, I never believed for a second that Emi would go to Villa so I hope you're right and I'm wrong again! (I still find it hard to understand why Emi went to Villa.....)

Because they'll keep Grealish, strengthen the team and be pushing for top 6 this season. Look at the "big 6" and Spurs/Arsenal are only going downwards, leaves 2 big juicy slots to fill.