Bradwell canary

Express today, Max and Skipp

Express today suggesting Spurs may want Max, and may consider cash and Skipp deal.

I think perhaps Skipp will be harder to replace than Max, so could turn into a decent deal foe us?

I love love love Max but I would absolutely take this. Max wants to move on to better things anyway, and I think would be easier to replace when we may be changing shape anyway.

Seems like a pretty likely solution to me. With Brandon Williams then coming in on loan, and still some spare cash to put towards others such as a striker.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, yeah it seems decent

Until you remember that would mean we would only have wheelchair Byram and Mumba at rightback

But it could mean we could have enough cash to buy a full back, and gain Skipp from such a deal.

Speculation or not, this could be a practical scenario and makes sense in lots of ways. I would love Max to stay and would prefer him to stay, but this could be a good deal for all concerned. Max gets a move to a big London club, Spurs get a great right back that is ready to step straight in, Skipp gets to play for a team where he will be first choice, we will have bought him so will have the ability to get another loan in and the finances work out pretty well for the club.  Getting Skipp back would be a real boost psychologically too. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, yeah it seems decent

Until you remember that would mean we would only have wheelchair Byram and Mumba at rightback

I know! If only Webber had compiled a list of replacements months ago and the transfer window opened next week.......

I'd love to see it but don't think it will. Lots of Spurs fans have Skipp in their starting lineup for next season; for sure a lot of that will be driven by the bias that comes with a player also being a fan, but if Skipp is seeing this it might bolster his ambitions of becoming a starter in the Premier League for his boyhood side.

I'm just refusing to get in the least bit optimistic about the idea of Skipp coming back, especially on a permanent. It's the hope that kills you. I've come to terms with Aarons leaving and good luck to the lad, he kept his head down and performed incredibly despite us blocking him a move away. Fantastic attitude, fantastic player and has earned his move. If him going saw Skipp come in, well, I'm getting a semi just thinking about it.

• Haha 1

I know it’s a big ‘if’, but if we could keep Byram fit next season then I’d have no worries about Max going, especially if Brandon Williams comes in on loan (or permanent?). Byram is a bloody brilliant full back in my eyes, and definitely Premier League quality, so impressed with him last time around.

• Like 1

Every year the Express runs a headline story that the winter is going to be the hardest on record. By the law of averages they'll get it right one time, but I can't see this happening

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I know it’s a big ‘if’, but if we could keep Byram fit next season then I’d have no worries about Max going, especially if Brandon Williams comes in on loan (or permanent?). Byram is a bloody brilliant full back in my eyes, and definitely Premier League quality, so impressed with him last time around.

I agree that a Byram from two years ago would be absolutely fine. However, I suspect that player is gone, he's barely kicked a ball in the last three years and to be thrown into a probable relegation battle with the previous 18 months he has had is a galling prospect. Also, if the rumours of a shift to a 3-4-2-1 formation are true, I can't see him being that effective on the right of the four.

It's a huge step up, but I think Bali Mumba could become a new Max Aarons. I'd love to see him given a chance in pre-season. Was it Swansea when he came on as a left-back and changed the game? Not the biggest but neither was Max. If the Williams rumours are true, I'd be completely comfortable with Williams and Mumba and would quite like Mumba to make the position his.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Express today suggesting Spurs may want Max, and may consider cash and Skipp deal.

I think perhaps Skipp will be harder to replace than Max, so could turn into a decent deal foe us?

Loan or buy?

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

Loan or buy?

Indeed

I wonder what Spurs value Skipp at ? Can’t have it both ways our young talent is worth 10’s of millions and the same level of talent from another club is only worth 1/2. 

8 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Every year the Express runs a headline story that the winter is going to be the hardest on record. By the law of averages they'll get it right one time, but I can't see this happening

Haha, I've noticed that too. Reading the Express is like listening to someone predicting the world is going to end on a certain date and when it doesn't come on that date they return yacking on about another date. 

Has anyone got a link to this article?

23 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Bogle may be incoming, so potentially a replacement for Max, don't want to lose Max but think he will be gone this summer.

Ruled out, that one. Aarons could be going, but Bogle's not in the reckoning.

Norwich City: Sheff Utd Jayden Bogle not a Canaries target | Eastern Daily Press (edp24.co.uk)

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I agree that a Byram from two years ago would be absolutely fine. However, I suspect that player is gone, he's barely kicked a ball in the last three years and to be thrown into a probable relegation battle with the previous 18 months he has had is a galling prospect. Also, if the rumours of a shift to a 3-4-2-1 formation are true, I can't see him being that effective on the right of the four.

It's a huge step up, but I think Bali Mumba could become a new Max Aarons. I'd love to see him given a chance in pre-season. Was it Swansea when he came on as a left-back and changed the game? Not the biggest but neither was Max. If the Williams rumours are true, I'd be completely comfortable with Williams and Mumba and would quite like Mumba to make the position his.

I guess we’ll just have to see what Sam Byram comes back in pre season, but I do totally get your concerns there - it’s a valid point you make indeed. But, and it’s a big er but ha ha, if he comes back fit and sharp then we have a quality full back right there, though we’d still need a Brandon Williams or similar I feel jut to be safe.

Mumba looked great for his initial substitution appearance (can’t remember which game, was it Swansea at home?), but when he started that time to fill in for Max who had just been on international duty, I thought he looked a little nervous on the ball and took some very heavy touches which you’d of course associate with that emotion. There’s a great little player in there to come, but based on his full debut, I certainly am not as confident as many others that he’s ready to start in the Premier League just yet.

Just cannot see Spurs letting Skipp go permanently. Imagine if he does come on loan and does well? That’s his value rocketed and I’m sure they’d want to give him a chance (like Kane eventually got his). 

Having sold Buendia we’ve got some leverage to play hard ball on this one with Spurs now tho’ …

Sorry as I would be to see Maxi go, to get Skipp in permanently would go a long way to ease the pain… Skipp was the  crucial cog in the machine last term

• Like 2

What’s not to like about such a deal - Skipp + cash for Max is almost too good to be true (it’s effectively a v good cdm + money for a rb, for our current rb), so it probably is.  

Max deserves to go right to the top, perfect professional on and off the pitch. All the speculation last season and not once did his ego get the better of him. 

Definitely one no Norwich fan wouldn’t wish all the very best for the rest of his career. With Buendia I couldn’t care less if he excels or flops at Villa. 

• Confused 1

Skipp wouldn't want to come here permanently unless he's told categorically that he's got ****-all chance of getting set at Spurs as they are his boyhood team.

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What’s not to like about such a deal - Skipp + cash for Max is almost too good to be true (it’s effectively a v good cdm + money for a rb, for our current rb), so it probably is.  

Like (I think) @Well b back I can’t see them  meaning anything other than cash + Skipp season loan 

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Skipp wouldn't want to come here permanently unless he's told categorically that he's got ****-all chance of getting set at Spurs as they are his boyhood team.

This. Lifelong Spurs fan, as is his family, and he’s been with them since he was a boy.

IMO Max is likely to leave either this year or next - if we can use him as leverage to get someone else we want it makes sense.

(Probably just space filling in the newspaper though.)

I can see a loan deal for Skipp & cash in return for Max but I just can’t see Spurs selling Skipp at the moment.

Having said this, my only concern about Skipp in the Prem is physical strength, the midfielders for most Prem teams are just physically awesome nowadays !

• Like 1