6 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Interesting. A friend of mine has a nephew who is at Man City-I’ll see if he’s heard about this.

I’ve been told this is bollox. I doubt we could afford the fee anyway-unless Man City were lending us the money!

And also on the Norwich City FB page. What a lovely birthday present from the club that is. 🙂

OREIUQBiMFm8_OREIUQBiMFm8_TrtSM4gQJhhH_original_1440x960.jpg

Gilmour said: “I’m very excited to be here. I can’t wait for the season ahead. I’ve been looking forward to coming here, playing as much as possible and helping Norwich City compete in the Premier League.

“I spoke to the head coach. He called me and we had a nice talk about how he wants to play and how he sees me fitting in. Everything he said was what I want to do on the pitch, get the ball down and play nice football. He spoke really highly of his team and I wanted to come here and help.

Just to add: up yours Graham Sourness!!!!

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, rock bus said:

No chance ..Farke is too honourable man to do something sneaky like that (that’s not even allowing for fact he is friends with Tuchel)

Michael Bailey specifically said that although they know each other professionally, Farke and Tuchel are not close.

However, I’m not suggesting this nonsense about a covert deal with Citeh is true. If Chelsea rate Gilmour as highly as everyone seems to think, there’s no way they would agree a loan to buy deal.

Really good signing. I was a bit worried after it all went public, but it's good to see we've seen it out anyway.

Will be interesting to see how he fits into the system. He seems a very different player to Skipp, so I'm sure we're still on the lookout for another midfielder.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

And also on the Norwich City FB page. What a lovely birthday present from the club that is. 🙂

1) Happy birthday!!!

2) Gilmour signing is great to see, not just for his ability. It's also great to see us benefitting beyond just financially for the work we've done developing younger players since Farke has been at the club.

I'm hoping some will acknowledge this above and beyond just wanting a billionaire to buy us. This is a key part of our model and it sound like we've fought off some difficult competition for this signing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rock bus said:

No chance ..Farke is too honourable man to do something sneaky like that (that’s not even allowing for fact he is friends with Tuchel)

Farke doesn't negotiate transfers or contracts though does he.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

up yours Graham Sourness!!!!

Very much this.

The dinosaur needs to keep up with what’s going on and realise what a great club Gilmour is at for the season, the opportunity he’s got and how it can further his career within the game.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, hogesar said:

1) Happy birthday!!!

2) Gilmour signing is great to see, not just for his ability. It's also great to see us benefitting beyond just financially for the work we've done developing younger players since Farke has been at the club.

I'm hoping some will acknowledge this above and beyond just wanting a billionaire to buy us. This is a key part of our model and it sound like we've fought off some difficult competition for this signing. 

I'm hoping you drop this constant attempt to have a go at people who don't agree with everything you say. I live in hope....

Its a great signing and I look forward to the continuing strengthening of the squad that is still needed...

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Farke doesn't negotiate transfers or contracts though does he.

Neither does Tuchel! 

So two guys, who apparently aren't friends and definitely don't negotiate transfers or contracts, colluded to get Gilmour here..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I'm hoping you drop this constant attempt to have a go at people who don't agree with everything you say. I live in hope....

Its a great signing and I look forward to the continuing strengthening of the squad that is still needed...

I wasn't having a go at all! I literally said I "hope" "some" "acknowledge"

If that's having a go...

Great signing. Must admit I'm still dubious he'll be as good as we need him to be, but that's just because I've seen little of him and he is very young.

It says a lot about our club that we are able to attract loans of this quality. Top work by Webber as usual.

Very pleased with this signing. The sort of playmaker in the middle I think we need without Emi but a different, more deep lying playmaker. Encouraged by our signings so far but now we need to supplement them with a bit more physicality. Still looking for another CB, CM and attacking player I would hope. All of whom I would expect to have a bit of pace and power. Thats assuming also we don;t sell Max or Todd.

33 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Very pleased with this signing. The sort of playmaker in the middle I think we need without Emi but a different, more deep lying playmaker. Encouraged by our signings so far but now we need to supplement them with a bit more physicality. Still looking for another CB, CM and attacking player I would hope. All of whom I would expect to have a bit of pace and power. Thats assuming also we don;t sell Max or Todd.

Indeed, Billy is known for NEVER GIVING THE BALL AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and all, but he is only, what, 5ft6?

Given one of our main issues both in the prem last season and ths past Championship season is getting kicked around and bullied anytime we come up against strong and big teams.

Fair to say having such a short and lightweigh group does have merits, but we for sure need more strength and physicality in our team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I wasn't having a go at all! I literally said I "hope" "some" "acknowledge"

If that's having a go...

Fair enough..read it wrong.. apologies

• Like 2

Having watched this video, its clear Gilmour is definitely going to help our ball retention. He seems an obvious outlet for the defence. His slight build however makes me think he would benefit from someone more physical partnering him in midfield.

For a long time I've hoped that we would sign someone who would get stuck in, a real ball winner. Dare I say it, an animal , someone of the Gattuso mould, someone with strength, work rate and aggression. Not many of them about though. Im not sure we've ever really had this type of player though, wth BJ perhaps being the closest. Was Mike Milligan like this? Tettey was more of an interceptor than a bully.