Sign in to follow this  
CanaryConspiracy

They come in threes.....

... so who's next?

For me, it needs to be a striker... we know we're not going to get a world class proven goal scorer, we just don't have the money or resources, but another player accompanied by a five minute 'best of' YouTube video would be grand....

As ever, so far, astute business by SW & DF... 

We're light in midfield and definitely need a central defender (probably in addition to a striker, but that's likely to be a lower priority).

It has to be a DM. We've lost Tettey, Vrancic and Skipp from last season's squad, so I'd say we need at least one permanent signing as well as a loan (presumably either Skipp again or Gilmour). Philip Billing could be a shrewd signing, and one would expect Lungi to get more chances to play in his preferred position this season.

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It has to be a DM. We've lost Tettey, Vrancic and Skipp from last season's squad, so I'd say we need at least one permanent signing as well as a loan (presumably either Skipp again or Gilmour). Philip Billing could be a shrewd signing, and one would expect Lungi to get more chances to play in his preferred position this season.

Can't see it being Billing. He's often underperformed in defensive midfield and actually looks more like a box-to-box sort. Chuck in silly money and a perceived notion of being a bit lackadaisical and that's not our sort of midfielder. Definitely expect to see Lungi get the pre-season to see if he's earned a crack - the Athletic wrote last season that he was looking very decent in pre-season but got thrown back after a two-week call-up with Denmark U21s which wasn't remotely physical training, mainly tactical, and the end result was that he came back to Norwich undercooked.

Could even have been why Skipp was signed, come to think of it. I think that was why Skipp was brought in...but I'm guessing there.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't see it being Billing. He's often underperformed in defensive midfield and actually looks more like a box-to-box sort. Chuck in silly money and a perceived notion of being a bit lackadaisical and that's not our sort of midfielder. Definitely expect to see Lungi get the pre-season to see if he's earned a crack - the Athletic wrote last season that he was looking very decent in pre-season but got thrown back after a two-week call-up with Denmark U21s which wasn't remotely physical training, mainly tactical, and the end result was that he came back to Norwich undercooked.

Could even have been why Skipp was signed, come to think of it. I think that was why Skipp was brought in...but I'm guessing there.

Before Norwich got Skipp they were pushing hard for Amadou from Chelsea, so a defensive midfielder was a long term want. Skipp also signed before Sorensen did anyway and the U21 games in question were in September.

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Ajer and Sander Berg! 😉👍

Honestly would not mind Berge, given we need you know more strength and physicality in the middle. Yes, yes he went down with the blunts and got relegated but if anything that means he has something to prove to the world, and we do seem to love signing players with something to prove. And I mean just look at this photo of the guy, what a unit!

brick-wall-background-image-2724147.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Before Norwich got Skipp they were pushing hard for Amadou from Chelsea, so a defensive midfielder was a long term want. Skipp also signed before Sorensen did anyway and the U21 games in question were in September.

Ah, so Skipp came before Sorensen, fair enough.

The Denmark spell in question started in August though, as this screenshot from the Athletic states. Fundamental problem was two weeks of tactical training and no football. This article was about his debut for Brentford and covered everything before it.

image.thumb.png.680c926be1d5e77ab52118ecd1c429dc.png

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ah, so Skipp came before Sorensen, fair enough.

The Denmark spell in question started in August though, as this screenshot from the Athletic states. Fundamental problem was two weeks of tactical training and no football. This article was about his debut for Brentford and covered everything before it.

image.thumb.png.680c926be1d5e77ab52118ecd1c429dc.png

Denmark U21s didn't play any games in August. They had friendlies on the 6th and 10th of September.

2 hours ago, CanaryConspiracy said:

... so who's next?

For me, it needs to be a striker... we know we're not going to get a world class proven goal scorer, we just don't have the money or resources, but another player accompanied by a five minute 'best of' YouTube video would be grand....

As ever, so far, astute business by SW & DF... 

Are you considering Ajer and Gilmour as done already? Because there's 4. 

20 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Denmark U21s didn't play any games in August. They had friendlies on the 6th and 10th of September.

I know, but the call-up came before then. Clearly the training there was all tactical work and not physical/fitness stuff, then throwing in the fact he didn't play a minute of those two games left him losing ground when Norwich were in harder training.

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly would not mind Berge, given we need you know more strength and physicality in the middle. Yes, yes he went down with the blunts and got relegated but if anything that means he has something to prove to the world, and we do seem to love signing players with something to prove. And I mean just look at this photo of the guy, what a unit!

brick-wall-background-image-2724147.jpg

Funnily enough, I recently bumped into the binners Norwood

BB04C3D0-ED1B-4980-94AD-4866E34B57BF.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Funnily enough, I recently bumped into the binners Norwood

BB04C3D0-ED1B-4980-94AD-4866E34B57BF.jpeg

I wonder whether he always misses this ⬇️ too?

IMG_20210623_162420.jpg

Edited by sonyc

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I wonder whether he always misses this ⬇️ too?

IMG_20210623_162420.jpg

Reminds me of Jerome near the end of his time with us

'He's through on goal, one on one with the keeper HE'S PAST THE KEEPER AND HAS TO JUST TAP IT INTO THE EMPTY NET TO SCORE- And he's missed as the ball flies into space and zooms past mars'