Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Strong Britian great nation!

On 23/06/2021 at 09:01, Indy said:

What does this have to do supporting your home nation at football? And no I’m not following England in the Euros, I’m supporting my Czech team.

Your Czech team?  One couldn't hardly make a more determinedly nationalistic statement than that. 

Do be careful that cheering them on doesn't lead to fanaticism,  extremism and ultimately division!

22 hours ago, horsefly said:

Actually, they're all going to take a handful of another player's ars*e as a gesture of solidarity.

That would be a big turn on for you, wouldn't it?

33 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Your Czech team?  One couldn't hardly make a more determinedly nationalistic statement than that. 

Do be careful that cheering them on doesn't lead to fanaticism,  extremism and ultimately division!

What a t**t you really are! Maybe one day you’ll become a decent individual till then go away!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

OBON? where has the United gone?. Could it be that Westmonster is really worried about an Independent Scotland and they are trying to show it in the only way they can, with mop headed jingoism, lies and false pretenses by politicians who are merely the entertainment sector of Industry and the establishment.

Yawn. Some Canaries really do crap big heaps.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, horsefly said:

Can't resist the homophobia can you! You've already disgraced yourself by defending the convicted paedophile child rapist Jeffrey Epstein when you described his victims as "well paid prostitutes". Guess you're too thick not to bring attention to your depraved and vile hatreds.

I’ve added him to the blocked list, can’t be done with people like him, I’ve no time for them..

Edited by Indy

The latest total load of playing to the galleries nonsense...banning mobile phones from schools in England (at least they've now realised education is a devolved matter).

Cue uproar (well, for a day at least). 🤣

Apples

On 29/06/2021 at 16:36, Indy said:

What a t**t you really are! Maybe one day you’ll become a decent individual till then go away!

So you're happy to be a nationalist some of the time. Why don't you say so? Then you will realise that you can be a nationalist and be a thousand miles different from the stupid stereotype of a nationalist that you tried to portray. In the next couple of weeks there's going to be an explosion of nationalism in this country if England continues to well and so there should be, too. Or do you still think we are all knuckle-dragging skinheads once your Czech team has been eliminated. You're as dumb as Lady Nugee.

11 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

The latest total load of playing to the galleries nonsense...banning mobile phones from schools in England (at least they've now realised education is a devolved matter).

Cue uproar (well, for a day at least). 🤣

Apples

Here's another one and it's getting even more ridiculous. Even if they do go ahead with it it won't make the Welsh nationalists suddenly rediscover their love of the union.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Here's another one and it's getting even more ridiculous. Even if they do go ahead with it it won't make the Welsh nationalists suddenly rediscover their love of the union.

It certainly will not go down well. It will reek of Westminster to the Welsh (in one of their most important cities that very much likes to promote Welsh culture) and I would even suggest it will be very counter-productive.

The psychologist on Daily Politics stated that we don't need to be reminded of our nationality with a flag, nor be told about it. That's because you know what you are mostly and what it means to you. You are self-confident enough in other words not to have to cling to some symbol.

This present government just keeps demonstrating a kind of desperation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So you're happy to be a nationalist some of the time. Why don't you say so? Then you will realise that you can be a nationalist and be a thousand miles different from the stupid stereotype of a nationalist that you tried to portray. In the next couple of weeks there's going to be an explosion of nationalism in this country if England continues to well and so there should be, too. Or do you still think we are all knuckle-dragging skinheads once your Czech team has been eliminated. You're as dumb as Lady Nugee.

What a pile of utter crap! One can support one's national team without in any way having to support some crass notion of political nationalism. There is absolutely NO necessary connection between those two things at all. Alas you display your typical lack of intelligence in making such a naively stupid conflation. As for your comparison with "knuckle-dragging skinheads", you really shouldn't big yourself up so much, you don't even begin to get near those heights.

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It certainly will not go down well. It will reek of Westminster to the Welsh (in one of their most important cities that very much likes to promote Welsh culture) and I would even suggest it will be very counter-productive.

The psychologist on Daily Politics stated that we don't need to be reminded of our nationality with a flag, nor be told about it. That's because you know what you are mostly and what it means to you. You are self-confident enough in other words not to have to cling to some symbol.

This present government just keeps demonstrating a kind of desperation.

We've never really been a nation of flag wavers barring the odd royal wedding or tournament. The government must have done many focus groups where it has come out as popular but I'm sure people will get fed up with it, especially with these over the top examples.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

We've never really been a nation of flag wavers barring the odd royal wedding or tournament. The government must have done many focus groups where it has come out as popular but I'm sure people will get fed up with it, especially with these over the top examples.

When I first came to Cornwall, there was much county nationalism and many believing Cornwall was a nation.

That belief has diluted over the years and there is very little support for it anymore.

A poor area such as Cornwall, received more EU funding per capita than anywhere else in England. 87% of bus fares are concessions paid for by Westminster. The twinning or M status of our roads have been funded by EU or Westminster.

However nationalistic some want to be the appetite for committing to it comes at a price and very few are prepared to pay it.

Ignore the content, it's flag shagging nonsense, but I feel that Fatbloke MP has a long and glittering career in politics and probably after dinner speaking. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Ignore the content, it's flag shagging nonsense, but I feel that Fatbloke MP has a long and glittering career in politics and probably after dinner speaking. 🤣

I think he must have eaten a Union flag before he rose to make that dreadful flatulent speech.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

I think he must have eaten a Union flag before he rose to make that dreadful flatulent speech.

He made his mask from one of Big Daddy's pair of pants.😀

• Haha 1