Sign in to follow this  
MORDENCANARY

Hanley off injured in Croatia game.

This highlights the centre back problems last time out. Here's hoping Hanley and Gibson stay fit,to me if that pairing stays throughout we'll survive.

And still people are complaining that we’re being linked to decent, expensive CB options like they learned nothing from the last season we spent in the EPL…

@KiwiScot said he walked off the pitch, apparently. That's a pretty good sign if it's a knee injury, which was what was mooted on the BBC. Hopefully it's just a knee tweak - and let's hope it's not a hip problem.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

@KiwiScot said he walked off the pitch, apparently. That's a pretty good sign if it's a knee injury, which was what was mooted on the BBC. Hopefully it's just a knee tweak - and let's hope it's not a hip problem.

Indeed. But van Dijk walked off against Everton. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Indeed. But van Dijk walked off against Everton. 

That was an ACL injury from a bad foul. Would be bloody unlucky if Hanley's got that - I don't know how he's got the injury though as I'm following the BBC live feed, but there's no mention of a bad foul anywhere.

My concern (with personal experience involved) would be if it's the iliotibial band. If that gets really tight that's several months out.

Edited by TheGunnShow
Typo

We'll see but it's another reason to reinforce the back line. Hanley doesn't have a great recent track record when it comes to fitness.

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Apparently no challenge - that doesn’t sound great . 

Walked off with a smile on his face fine and with no limp or any kind of serious concern being shown- That sounds great

looked like a hammy strain... talking a 2 or 3 week recovery if it's low grade. If Scotland go to the quarters they might try get him back but probs tournament over for him whatever happens tonight.

At worst, could be a worse grade tear and could be a couple of months. Doubt it tho, the way he walked off.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Walked off with a smile on his face fine and with no limp or any kind of serious concern being shown- That sounds great

Didn't see but hard to believe he would be smiling at having to come off, a brave face maybe. I hope for his and our sake it's nothing major