Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich, Webber and Delia have no ambition!

How dare they start signing proven, decent quality players for money!! where has my Norwich gone? 😡😡😡

😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Were you in the crapper when the news broke?

Don’t know about Cambridge but the forum was certainly in the toilet.

Utter sh*te. 

Indeed - Always thought those who call for a foreign billionaire and fairy godmother are the ones lacking ambition. What’s wrong with working hard and being astute , bread and roses. 

Please can we take a moment to think of dear old Uncle Fred. He must be devastated by this very sad news.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Please can we take a moment to think of dear old Uncle Fred. He must be devastated by this very sad news.

Ferk him. His whining is truly pathetic , rarely  funny . Sad  , one handed clapper .

I remember similar comments when we signed the wolf. Still not seeing the ambition 

But let us not forget poor (big) Keith Scot, Big Vince and Highland. They will be at home feeling desperately sad at the new signings.

Indeed, a very bleak day awaits should we sign Gunn, Ajer and Gilmour on top of Rashica today as the first little group of our pre season signings. 

Our thoughts are very with them.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I remember similar comments when we signed the wolf. Still not seeing the ambition 

Admittedly we're no Ipswich, they've just signed Fleetwood and Wigan's best players. Perhaps you should swap the yellow for a blue shirt, I get the feeling it would be right up your street.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

But let us not forget poor (big) Keith Scot, Big Vince and Highland. They will be at home feeling desperately sad at the new signings.

Indeed, a very bleak day awaits should we sign Gunn, Ajer and Gilmour on top of Rashica today as the first little group of our pre season signings. 

Our thoughts are very with them.

Quite right Sonyc, very remiss of me to forget those three members of the doomster quartet. 

Just doing what we need to do to avoid relegation.

It's an encouraging start but still a lot of gaps in the squad to fill.

Need to get the other rumoured signings over the line before we start singing look at us we're ambitious.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

How was the Van Wolfswinkel signing not ambitious? 

It turned out to be a bad one for us and player, but it was clearly ambitious, so is this.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

And yet no one had heard of beundia when we signed him - look how that turned out 

for every wolf there is an emi 

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I remember the negative comments about signing an unproven Argentinian from the lower reaches of Spanish football, what a disaster that was.

Looks decent- so certainly credit to the club-  but not yet proven. I remember people getting over excited with Naismith and the Wolf. Also, £10 million on a player is entry level signing at this level now.

and let’s not forget he needs to hit the floor equal to emi for this to be a step forward and not backwards from last season 

8 hours ago, Monty13 said:

How was the Van Wolfswinkel signing not ambitious? 

It turned out to be a bad one for us and player, but it was clearly ambitious, so is this.

It was only a bad signing because of the way Hughton wanted to play IMHO. In this team I think he would have scored a lot of goals.

Just now, Dogbo Daggins said:

It was only a bad signing because of the way Hughton wanted to play IMHO. In this team I think he would have scored a lot of goals.

And snoddy and the pen! That has to mentioned every time. 

29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Looks decent- so certainly credit to the club-  but not yet proven. I remember people getting over excited with Naismith and the Wolf. Also, £10 million on a player is entry level signing at this level now.

and let’s not forget he needs to hit the floor equal to emi for this to be a step forward and not backwards from last season 

But he doesn't, as lots of people have already said, we don't necessarily need a direct EMI replacement, the squad is evolving as will our style of play

28 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Interesting that you seem to be happy to believe Emi is proven based on past performance, but not Rashica. 

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Interesting that you seem to be happy to believe Emi is proven based on past performance, but not Rashica. 

Don't go upsetting the miserablist even more with your commonsense rationale. 

Don't forget the Golden Rule....Club makes a move, its obviously the wrong one.

Don't be so bloody positive yet balanced, this is not the way to get the approval of the Hurlers on the Ditch.

Just don't. Ok?

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Don't go upsetting the miserablist even more with your commonsense rationale. 

Don't forget the Golden Rule....Club makes a move, its obviously the wrong one.

Don't be so bloody positive yet balanced, this is not the way to get the approval of the Hurlers on the Ditch.

Just don't. Ok?

I am humbly chastened Corky. I need to recover my inner "glass-half-empty" spirit, stare at it coldly, and tip the remaining half into the sewer. How could I be so fooled by the signing of "molten" Milot???

So he is already proven and its because we spent money..  glad to see you're finally getting it 😜

Long way to go before the squad is ready but looks a great signing. Really hope it works out and if Farke can work his magic we will have some player.

I haven’t seen rashica play. I agree he looks excellent. I hope he will be. Am just reserving judgment until he has played a few games.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I haven’t seen rashica play. I agree he looks excellent. I hope he will be. Am just reserving judgment until he has played a few games.

The fundamental point is that lots of people have seen him play, and many of those are genuine football pundits. They all seem to agree the guy is a very talented footballer (even FIFA 21 has him rated with identical points to Emi, although he's considerably faster than him). All that suggests he has no more to prove than Emi does at this stage in his career. 

One swallow doesn’t make a summer once they have spent a couple of hundred million we can say they are being prudent with ambition 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer once they have spent a couple of hundred million we can say they are being prudent with ambition 

No! Once they have spent £200m we can say they are bankrupt and demoted.

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

No! Once they have spent £200m we can say they are bankrupt and demoted.

Indeed the old lack of money and ambition 

33 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Indeed the old lack of money and ambition 

Says someone  who is both clearly rich and ambitious.