lappinitup

Milot Rashica signs for City

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Can you confirm Villa fans on your forum want us to do poorly because of our ‘toys out of Pram’ reaction to you signing Emi?

I think at the time there was some offence taken by some comments made with regards to why Emi would sign for us, and the obv reaction to that was to hit back.

Whilst I can’t speak for other people on the forum, I for one would love to see Norwich stay up, and do brilliantly.  I respect the way you play football, and the way you do well despite such a small budget.

• Like 3

A question for the Villa fans, what’s the play on words associating Rashica with all things fish? I’m presuming his surname translates to something like Mullet?

The best thing about this transfer is that no one had a clue it was happening until it was announced, it wasn't whined about or played out in the media for weeks.  Lovely. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

The best thing about this transfer is that no one had a clue it was happening until it was announced, it wasn't whined about or played out in the media for weeks.  Lovely. 

Yep, I like the surprise signings as well, Webber’s the master at it! That said, it’s nice when there’s a player rumoured that we all (pretty much ha ha) like and want to see come through the Colney doors, and then that comes to fruition. Will be interesting to see what further incomings we’ve got coming. Am already prepared to lose Max, but will be gutted if Todd moves on.

On 23/06/2021 at 15:42, Alex Moss said:

A question for the Villa fans, what’s the play on words associating Rashica with all things fish? I’m presuming his surname translates to something like Mullet?

I honestly don’t know how it started.  And I had/have no intention of trawling back through 400 pages of fish puns to find out.

5 hours ago, AstonVilla said:

I honestly don’t know how it started.  And I had/have no intention of trawling back through 400 pages of fish puns to find out

I sea what you did there…..

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I sea what you did there…..

This is gonna make Megrim. 

Thought I'd start with an obscure one . As this is not the plaice  for codding around ,  I'm not that much of an ah Sole. 

6 hours ago, AstonVilla said:

I honestly don’t know how it started.  And I had/have no intention of trawling back through 400 pages of fish puns to find out.

The entire thread is carp, basa-ically 400 pages of pollocks, angling for an argument, hake-ing us out to be nothing short of minnows in a big pond. Bream on Villa fans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/06/2021 at 03:49, CanaryNath said:

Really exciting signing. Have seen him play several times and he’s a tricky, creative player who has lots of energy. 

How is he compared to Buendia ?

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

How is he compared to Buendia ?

He’s not as “intricate” - I’d say. 

but he’s faster, and more keen to run at goal, and take on his man directly. I’d say he’s actually more of an “upgrade to Hernandez” than a Buendia replacement. 

hints at a change of playing style - unless we are about to spend another £10 or so on another winger/number 10 (which I doubt) 

4 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

but he’s faster, and more keen to run at goal, and take on his man directly. I’d say he’s actually more of an “upgrade to Hernandez” than a Buendia replacement. 

hints at a change of playing style - unless we are about to spend another £10 or so on another winger/number 10 (which I doubt) 

Can’t see us spending another 10 quid after Delia’s only just spunked £9.70 on Rashica, Nath

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CanaryNath said:

Thanks for that CanaryNath - my thoughts exactly after watching the videos of him.

• Like 1