lappinitup

Milot Rashica signs for City

4 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Rashica had an average season, team had a shocker. Do keep up x

Although you actually said..... 

4 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Covid market + average season for Bremen = opportunity

44 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

(also wonder where this leaves Hernandez…?)

Stacking shelves at Argos unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Although you actually said..... 

4 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Covid market + average season for Bremen = opportunity

Yes, that is what I said.

sometime later, I awoke, still groggy from the last spots of light fading from view. I wondered if Greavsy was still making idle snipes on football forums using subtext as a mask. I wonder what sustains a lifestyle of obvious trolling devoid of class? How long before we're all like Greavsy? A shell with nothing to say? 

I fear for the future. I thank my lucky stars/whatever there is still out there shaped like a God that I can derive joy from supporting my team because I do so from a positive position, rather than a bitter persona who shouts at the rain because it just won't stop.

Will it ever stop?

Greavsy: Requiem for a Troubled Mind retails at Sod All from No Bookshop of Note.

Free downvote with every purchase.

• Like 2

You'd do better trying to post consistently rather trying to appear clever. 

Delusions of grandeur methinks. 

• Haha 1

How the heck does SW constantly keeps guys like this to sign with us and never a single rumour of his incoming..quite amazing.  Looks to be an absolute snip for the money paid to and a host of big clubs rumoured to be interested in him.

Even with 3 seasons in the Bundesliga Milot seems to realise already that DF is a guy who can improve his game even more..we could be in for another exciting time watching  him in yellow and green.

Seems to speak decent English, has close relatives already living in London, has signed early enough to taste pre season with his new team mates, also time to get accustomed to the City, the club and its family atmosphere..having a bit of time to settle in  can be so important.

The Buendia era  can never be forgotten but this is a type of guy who can very quickly push us forward again into the present. For sure a perfectly timed signing after the recent departure of Emi  and then the BK8 saga.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not if you read TWTD.

They're so pig sick with envy (and ignorance) that you can probably smell the puke on the outskirts of Norwich.

It really is so much fun reading through TWTD about this and the Gilmour link and about how they will flop like RVW etc. 

Maybe we should be aspiring to the world class signings of a Wes Burns from Fleetwood 😂😂

3 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Just letting you guys know, the Rashica thread in the Villa forum has 400 pages

That's the longest book any Villa fan has ever read

• Haha 5

Michael Bailey's article on Rashica is once again really interesting.

Suggests Milot had financially better offers elsewhere, but turned them down because Farke had persuaded him to come by explaining his vision of how he would fit into the side. 

Also presents an argument based on his statistics that he might play just behind Pukki in a 3-5-2. Giving him freedom to drift across both flanks and through the centre to get Norwich forward with pace, hinting at a slightly more solid, counter attacking style that might well be employed than the possession based football we had last year.

Anyway, it's good stuff if you have an Athletic subscription.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Apparently we fast tracked the Rashica deal to leapfrog other interest by using Finland defender Niklas Moisander to initiate talks as a mouthpeace. Moisander is good friends with both Pukki and Rashica and is currently with Pukki at the EUROs. 

Edited by Michael Starr

My friends in Netherlands who supports Vitesse says he is a very good player. An excellent signing

3 hours ago, hong0311 said:

Just letting you guys know, the Rashica thread in the Villa forum has 400 pages

Have we signed their Quagliarella?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He had a poor season last year, but I'm hoping that with some coaching he can get back to his best, also this may be just what he want's to motivate him.

Another good thing about Rashica is that he seems to like a pop from distance and could be dangerous with them. We're often a bit prone to trying to walk it in and for some time Stiepermann was probably our only player who wasn't averse to having a pot-shot from outside the box or at least the edge of it, at least when he could get it on his left.

Dowell seems to like a snap-shot from some distance and demonstrated against Luton and Forest that he can be dangerous, and now Rashica looks like he's got a similar tendency.

17 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Ra-sheet-za, no idea where you heard the 'P' 😂

Yep, I had to keep playing that to try and find the mythical P! It’s definitely ‘Ra-Sheet-Za’ for sure.

Just watched the Rashica goals round up. very impressive. hope he hits the ground running little time to settle in.  Most goals scored with the right foot seems played on left.  The highlights were similar to Placheta's from last season both speedy and knew where the goal was, hope after season of integration we can see the real player.  If we can and Rashica is as good as he looks can we play both together? 

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Just watched the Rashica goals round up. very impressive. hope he hits the ground running little time to settle in.  Most goals scored with the right foot seems played on left.  The highlights were similar to Placheta's from last season both speedy and knew where the goal was, hope after season of integration we can see the real player.  If we can and Rashica is as good as he looks can we play both together? 

Sounds like counter-attacking carnage if that sticks. Need to see Rashica's workrate out of possession as that would be key to it sticking as it needs to be pretty high. Placheta's pretty good there and a fellow speedster on the counter with Pukki sniffing around for through balls or loose balls could cause a lot of trouble.

19 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Blimey - 2 Villans posting on here now - Can we transfer a couple of our posters to their forum?! 

Make that 3.

Congratulations on this signing.  There was a lot of clamouring from our fans to get this done last season. Quoted prices were in the region of £25m.  Form has dipped considerably, assumed to be a mixture of injury and disillusionment.

Genuinely pleased for you guys, and I hope he turns out to be great signing 👍🏽

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AstonVilla said:

Make that 3.

Blimey - are they're many more expected?  Are you all in a taxi, or a bus? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AstonVilla said:

Make that 3.

Congratulations on this signing.  There was a lot of clamouring from our fans to get this done last season. Quoted prices were in the region of £25m.  Form has dipped considerably, assumed to be a mixture of injury and disillusionment.

Genuinely pleased for you guys, and I hope he turns out to be great signing 👍🏽

A fair chunk of it was that his contract had a year to go season as well - and from what I'm reading in Kicker, Bremen could have some financial trouble after being relegated. That's the main reason we got in at that price. Chasing Ajer for fundamentally the same reason, especially as he says he wants out. In other words, the selling club is not in a strong position there.

With that Buendia deal, we could literally dive straight in with the readies.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hey, don’t knock it mate.

100% of the members currently browsing your forum are Villa fans. 😝

82980E33-ACBB-44D5-BC6E-DB76490D97CF.jpeg

9 minutes ago, AstonVilla said:

Hey, don’t knock it mate.

100% of the members currently browsing your forum are Villa fans. 😝

82980E33-ACBB-44D5-BC6E-DB76490D97CF.jpeg

Can you confirm Villa fans on your forum want us to do poorly because of our ‘toys out of Pram’ reaction to you signing Emi?

Edited by WD40

6 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Apparently we fast tracked the Rashica deal to leapfrog other interest by using Finland defender Niklas Moisander to initiate talks as a mouthpeace. Moisander is good friends with both Pukki and Rashica and is currently with Pukki at the EUROs. 

This bit of info going to get him in trouble with Werder Bremen? 

I assume most have watched the Pink’un podcast with German football expert, Dan O’Hagan, but if not then it’s well worth your while if you’d like a closer insight into Milot. Dan says that he’s a ‘terrific footballer’ and also states that he sees him as quite a similar player to Emi Buendia, who on his day is certainly every bit as good. Can’t wait to see this guy play in the flesh, I have a feeling he’s going to be a real success.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

We did that last summer too, we had an exchange programme welcoming fans from Werder in the Rashica thread. We shared a common interest in fish.