lappinitup

Milot Rashica signs for City

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Blimey - 2 Villans posting on here now - Can we transfer a couple of our posters to their forum?! 

Does it have to be only two...

Covid market + average season for Bremen = opportunity.

Massive congratulations Mr Webber and your team.

He has come under fire in a big way recently, so I'm hoping there are plenty of plaudits in this thread for SW, I've not looked yet.

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

He has come under fire in a big way recently, so I'm hoping there are plenty of plaudits in this thread for SW, I've not looked yet.

If he's got Gilmour in as well (or Skipp... or somehow both!) he'll deserve some serious kudos. That's a textbook case of strengthening a squad having fattened the wallet up beforehand to go to market.

I don't know this player but I'm hoping he does well and settles in, if we managed to get some of the others players we are linked with then let's hope this season is gonna be good. 

Club record signing, linked to big clubs in the past, PinkUn forum excited (including me).

Guaranteed to be a flop, absolutely nailed on, probably shouldn't even bother giving him a squad number. 

Wake me up when we sign an Andorran journeyman centre back from Sparta Rotterdam's 2nd team who has come to us for 25k via a less than inspiring season on loan at Wrexham.

Then I know that we will be staying up. 

Edited by 1902
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm an old guy, and a Villa supporter sine the 1950's.

I've just joined the Pink Un to congratulate you guys and gals on signing Milot Rashica.

We were hoping to sign him last summer, and believed that 25 mil was probably a fair price, so for you guys to pick him up for a real steal is great for you. He's a cracking technician, but time will tell whether he's tough enough for the Prem.  I genuinely hope he's as good as I think he can be for you.

Good luck next season, and thanks for Emi. We'll look after him.

Cheers.

Have we told you how good Emi is at set pieces? Make sure he’s put on free kicks and corners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Make sure you get Emi really fired up before kick off too, he won’t do anything rash

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you hadn’t said anything it’s frightening how Rashica has the same style, passing range and scores goals ala Buendia! Could our club just pulled off a master stroke? Sell Emi for 33 million and buy Emi clone for 9 million!

Looking forward to comparing him next season i the fine Yellow n Green! Looking good!

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

Average season? They got relegated. What would be a bad season 😉

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

You’re right-only paid £1.5 million for Emi-he really was cheap as chips!

No. We didn't.

Apparently he had a €15m release clause thanks to the relegation, but we seem to have paid less than that somehow...

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Apparently he had a €15m release clause thanks to the relegation, but we seem to have paid less than that somehow...

Bremen could be in financial trouble going off the kicker link I put up.

24 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No. We didn't.

Initial outlay-just making the point to Waveney.

2 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

He certainly knows how to take on the defence, and can hit the ball. A few of these at CR will warm things up.

And well done the club, for another signing out of the blue.

Doesn’t score many tap ins does he?

Class signing and great work from the club, exactly the kind of signing we needed in response to Emi leaving….with a fair chunk of change left over for more.

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Good signing from the bits I've seen of him whilst watching the German league. Very pacey, good skill. Time will tell if he's an Emi replacement. 

You don't need to replace players like for like though, when you lose a player you don't need to try and sign a clone, he just needs to be sufficient quality in his position.

Particularly if the profit on Buendia out, Rashica in means we can also strengthen other areas of the pitch. 

Looking forward to seeing who else we bring in. Gunn is a positive signing, and would be excited to see if Farke can work his magic on Ajer and give him whatever he is missing.

That would leave a good Skipp replacement and quality bit of Pukki competition away from potentially being good enough to stay out of the relegation zone. 

Still wonder whether we could do with another wide player though, with Onel being brittle and Placheta having no self belief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Make sure you get Emi really fired up before kick off too, he won’t do anything rash

I've watched you guys for long enough to know when I'm being wound up. The last thing that fiery Emi needs is winding up.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You don't need to replace players like for like though, when you lose a player you don't need to try and sign a clone, he just needs to be sufficient quality in his position.

Particularly if the profit on Buendia out, Rashica in means we can also strengthen other areas of the pitch. 

Looking forward to seeing who else we bring in. Gunn is a positive signing, and would be excited to see if Farke can work his magic on Ajer and give him whatever he is missing.

That would leave a good Skipp replacement and quality bit of Pukki competition away from potentially being good enough to stay out of the relegation zone. 

Still wonder whether we could do with another wide player though, with Onel being brittle and Placheta having no self belief.

I didn't mean it in a literal like for like sense. But more in filling the void of fans favourite.. 

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've watched you guys for long enough to know when I'm being wound up. The last thing that fiery Emi needs is winding up.

You have to forgive @FenwayFrank, He's not the best at humour. He does try though, unfortunately. 

Lovely buns though. 

Edited by Greavsy

39 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Initial outlay-just making the point to Waveney.

Hmmm, have a feeling  you're playing handball with a haystack.  

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Those areas would be my minimum expectations, assuming no one else leaves.

We’ve also lost Tettey and Vrancic. And Quintilla.

Not sure if we have any youngsters who weren’t already settled first team players ready to step up to PL level, maybe Mumba?

Think this may be a busy summer.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Those areas would be my minimum expectations, assuming no one else leaves.

We’ve also lost Tettey and Vrancic. And Quintilla.

Not sure if we have any youngsters who weren’t already settled first team players ready to step up to PL level, maybe Mumba?

Think this may be a busy summer.

Sorenson is good enough to be the second choice DM as long as Mumba or McCallum are considered good enough to be left back cover, so as long as Skipp is replaced then he is the Tettey replacement. 

Possibly do need either a number 10 or box to box midfielder to replace Vrancic, yes, although if McLean and Rupp are given the green light for that box to box spot (as much as ideally we'd have somebody better) then Cantwell could move through the middle and compete with Dowell, and we could replace Vrancic with another wide player.

Ideally we'd get a McLean upgrade, but think a Placheta upgrade may be more pressing.

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

If he's got Gilmour in as well (or Skipp... or somehow both!) he'll deserve some serious kudos. That's a textbook case of strengthening a squad having fattened the wallet up beforehand to go to market.

Sell aarons to spurs and get skipp on loan with a view to buy 🧐. Then have some more money to buy another number 9 and cover in the middle of the park

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorenson is good enough to be the second choice DM as long as Mumba or McCallum are considered good enough to be left back cover, so as long as Skipp is replaced then he is the Tettey replacement. 

Possibly do need either a number 10 or box to box midfielder to replace Vrancic, yes, although if McLean and Rupp are given the green light for that box to box spot (as much as ideally we'd have somebody better) then Cantwell could move through the middle and compete with Dowell, and we could replace Vrancic with another wide player.

Ideally we'd get a McLean upgrade, but think a Placheta upgrade may be more pressing.

Surely this guy *is* the Placheta upgrade?

But, yes, we've lost 4 first team midfilders so we arguably need to sign another three. And a striker, and a central defender...

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Surely this guy *is* the Placheta upgrade?

But, yes, we've lost 4 first team midfilders so we arguably need to sign another three. And a striker, and a central defender...

Well no, he's the Buendia replacement.

Gives us Cantwell and Rashica in the wide spots.

With Onel, Martin, and Placheta the backup. Onel I'm not ready to write off yet, but Placheta needs a Championship loan, Not sure what has happened to Martin but seemed to be out of favour towards the end of last season?

I think Cantwell might make a lot of sense at number 10 if we can find another quality wide player, compete with Dowell, Stiepermann not good enough at this level. 

58 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Hmmm, have a feeling  you're playing handball with a haystack.  

Had to look up what that meant-very appropriate 🤣

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Average season? They got relegated. What would be a bad season 😉

Rashica had an average season, team had a shocker. Do keep up x