lappinitup

Milot Rashica signs for City

Norwich City have confirmed the signing of Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica for an undisclosed fee. 

The 24-year-old Kosovo international has agreed a four-year deal for an initial figure believed to be close to City's record signing, with a series of add ons that could potentially eclipse their previous transfer record.

Transfermarkt have it down as £9.9m, though not sure how reliable their figures are? Got to be around that figure anyhow

Who saw that coming? (Have been out of the loop, so apologies for those that did:) )

Angus Gunn expected to also sign within the next 24 hours

Sods law that the site crashes as soon as we make our record signing. Sky Sports are reporting it as £9.4m. 

Looks a great signing on paper as his Bundesliga record is excellent, but then again, so was Duda's and we know how that turned out so it's best to reserve judgement.

Also, as per usual, a signing gets announced that nobody had even mentioned, as is often the case with Webber.

Great signing this. Dropped off a bit this season, but that was largely due to Werder Bremen's form as a team rather than his individual performances. The season before he was being linked with major European teams (not the elite but the next step down, think Napoli, Sevilla, etc.). so this is potentially a great signing.

The Emi Buendia replacement for sure. In terms of play he's a bit like a Timo Werner, not an out-and-out striker but can play anywhere along the front line. 

• Like 2

Good signing from the bits I've seen of him whilst watching the German league. Very pacey, good skill. Time will tell if he's an Emi replacement. 

Good start to our buying window. 

Now where's Uncle Fred? I need to hear all the negative aspects of this transfer.... 

A very exciting signing. This lad has been recently linked with Liverpool, Leverkusen, Villa and I've seen him linked with Barca a couple of seasons ago. 

Exactly the sort of player I think we need with Buendia having left. 

Great stuff, NCFC 👍

Great highlights reel. Two footed, technical and very quick. Looks like a very good signing for sensible money. 

No idea about Rashica but we needed someone wide. Worried that the key area of CDM still not addressed in terms of raw physical presence but hope it may be by season start. Still believe that potentially committing £5M on a second string keeper is a waste of valuable cash resource (to say nothing of his wages as well).    

Hopefully a great signing!  Do feel Duda would have come good had we signed him pre-season and had the chance to get him up to speed, rather than throwing him in.  He is a good player.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

No idea about Rashica but we needed someone wide. Worried that the key area of CDM still not addressed in terms of raw physical presence but hope it may be by season start. Still believe that potentially committing £5M on a second string keeper is a waste of valuable cash resource (to say nothing of his wages as well).    

I really don't get the reservations.

£2.5m up front, £2.5m over time. 25 years old, one of our own, capable of being our number one keeper for next ten years. It's a deal that makes absolute sense to me. Think of it not as a new number two, but as Krul's long term replacement. 

I think it's an absolute steal. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Hopefully a great signing!  Do feel Duda would have come good had we signed him pre-season and had the chance to get him up to speed, rather than throwing him in.  He is a good player.

I think I agree with that. The thought had crossed my mind about re-signing him this summer! Hard to judge any player in that city side post lockdown. 

Sounds like a good signing this, fingers crossed. 

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Very nice to see other Premier league fans surprised we’ve been able to sign this lad. Villa wanted him too so what’s not to like! 

My Villa supporting mate reckons he's a brilliant signing for us. 

Ah, forums back then? Good good.

Very good player on his day. Has the talent and drive, but sadly both Bremen and he were awful last season and went down, with him scoring only like 3 goals in the entire season and seemingly giving up and downing tools.

Still a big big signing, even more so coming out of nowhere for a player that's clearly very talented and once had top six clubs going for him. And in some rather karmic events, he was very heavily linked to signing for Villa before then turning them down to.. Join us.

Love to see it

1 minute ago, Orly said:

Why do all these football skills videos have to have stupid technica music, require you to sit through 30 seconds of rubbish scene fades and GIGANTIC FONTS OF THE PERSONS NAME as if you can't remember who is it you are watching this video about? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hell of a signing to have pulled off! hope he quickly adapts to the rigours of PL football!

Gilmour, Ajer and Gunn next please!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah, forums back then? Good good.

Very good player on his day. Has the talent and drive, but sadly both Bremen and he were awful last season and went down, with him scoring only like 3 goals in the entire season and seemingly giving up and downing tools.

Still a big big signing, even more so coming out of nowhere for a player that's clearly very talented and once had top six clubs going for him. And in some rather karmic events, he was very heavily linked to signing for Villa before then turning them down to.. Join us.

Love to see it

Maybe there was some collusion between us and Villa over the signings of him and that bloke we sold to them.

10 minutes ago, Ooh Ahh Lee Power said:

Read somewhere that Villa had a bid of €30m turned down back in 2019 and they certainly know what players to buy 

They did. The Villa-supporting contact of mine said they wanted forty million and apparently Bayern Munich were sniffing at him.

Amazing signing. Linked with Barcelona a few seasons back and touted as a future superstar. If Farke can get him back on track then he could be awesome.

Really exciting signing. Have seen him play several times and he’s a tricky, creative player who has lots of energy.