9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its idiots like you who make me miserable. You really think thisis a good standard. Then sunshine you know beggar all about decent football

And I will watch it in the hope it gets better.

So wind in the insults.

He right though, you come across as so weirdly bitter when it comes to England.

Sterling's rubbish, Kanes crap, Southgate useless etc etc.

We're currently on course to win our group without conceding a goal yet you can't seem to see anything positive in it. It hasnt been constantly exhilarating but if you're waiting for England to dominate every game for 90 minutes you'll never be happy.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

We're currently on course to win our group without conceding a goal yet you can't seem to see anything positive in it. It hasnt been constantly exhilarating but if you're waiting for England to dominate every game for 90 minutes you'll never be happy.

As far as international performances go that first half was good. Not spectacular, but good. Doing the right things in general and more entertaining.

29 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Hanley off Injured! walking off though

BBC says a knee problem? Please, please, please don’t let us start the season a CB down already. 🙏

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Saka only just turned 19, hell of a future ahead of him

Great player isn’t he, Grealish is a must start for me too.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

England should be playing sunshine football and entertaining especially playing at home every game.

All we keep hearing is that its all about qualifying. There are only 8 teams going home!

We had the bonus of the opening game win. Virtually qualifying. But we haven't moved on. Although I am delighted he is playing Grealish through the middle. Rice and Phillips have started all three games. To me that is negative.

Don't get me wrong, I want England to win and do well. But I am fed up with us constantly picking boring coaches. Our U21s couldn't get out of their group. We are wasting our forward talent for the sake of saying that "getting to the quarter finals ain't bad".

Club football is serious and I think if you read my posts I am positive about us. But International football is meant to be like the away supporters. Laughing, drinking cheering.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

England should be playing sunshine football and entertaining especially playing at home every game.

All we keep hearing is that its all about qualifying. There are only 8 teams going home!

We had the bonus of the opening game win. Virtually qualifying. But we haven't moved on. Although I am delighted he is playing Grealish through the middle. Rice and Phillips have started all three games. To me that is negative.

Don't get me wrong, I want England to win and do well. But I am fed up with us constantly picking boring coaches. Our U21s couldn't get out of their group. We are wasting our forward talent for the sake of saying that "getting to the quarter finals ain't bad".

Club football is serious and I think if you read my posts I am positive about us. But International football is meant to be like the away supporters. Laughing, drinking cheering.

So which non boring coach would you appoint?

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So which non boring coach would you appoint?

I can see this guy moving up to head coach position

farmer-fran1.jpeg

Just now, king canary said:

Southgate seems obsessed with Rashford at times. Why not give Sancho the run out here?

If Rashford is the player you're going to play at a later point should he not get the minutes?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Brendan Rogers, Daniel Farke, Pochettino.

Farke would likely be bad as an international manager.

Just now, TheGoogler said:

Didn't Pekhart used to play for Watford?

Wikipedia says Spurs in the youth set up and some time at Southampton but no Watford. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Really?

Yep.

Farke wants to play a very particular style that players have to drilled into very intensely. International managers don't have the luxury of time with players- you get your squad for a week or two at a time outside of tournaments. Farke wouldn't have the time to do what he needs to.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Brendan Rogers, Daniel Farke, Pochettino.

Not many nations in world football are managed by 'a foreigner'. 

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yep.

Farke wants to play a very particular style that players have to drilled into very intensely. International managers don't have the luxury of time with players- you get your squad for a week or two at a time outside of tournaments. Farke wouldn't have the time to do what he needs to.

I disagree. This squad will have been together for weeks.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not many nations in world football are managed by 'a foreigner'. 

Aren't Belgium? There are quite a few actually but I will admit they are not all giants of European football.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I disagree. This squad will have been together for weeks.

For the first time in 5 years! Farke took a good season to get the team playing his way with us. It won't happen in 3 weeks.

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

Farke would likely be bad as an international manager.

Totally agreed. Farke's great after international breaks, which tells me his style of football needs time. With international teams, you don't get that. Claudio Ranieri even said that when he was manager of Greece after - I think - a defeat against the Faroe Islands.

That's actually a reason why I'd argue he should look more for partnerships over players. At least they'll know each other's games inside out and that's a bonus and then some at international level. If Jamie Vardy were up top, I'd take Maddison with me every single time for that reason.

Edited by TheGunnShow

5 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Anti football. Someone tell Southgate it’s meant to be entertainment. 

And the pundits. Ex Arsenal Dixon and Wright pumping for Saka ahead of Foden? The lad played well but Foden is the best English player in football at the moment. He mustn't be allowed to wallow out on the right all the time.

Well done England. Did what they needed to do. Good to see Maguire back.

There will be lots of twists and turns as we hit the knockout stages. 

I think one or two teams have peaked early and won't last the distance.

All to play for!