Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Ground naming rights

Would anyone be horrified if NCFC ever considered going down this avenue for extra revenue. It does seem to bring in favourable sums of money but ultimately are clubs selling their soul? 

The Lotus Arena 

The Galway Roast Bowl 

The Colman’s Mustard Pot 

Just a few throwaway ideas but would fans  be fully against this or fully endorse bringing in much needed finance for a self funded club. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Roys of Wroxham discount rack ground

I like it, this could be a good brain storming ‘Working as a team’ exercise. Bring back Ben to oversee the project if and when it happens? 

Wouldn't bother me, everyone would still call it Carrow Road.  Exactly the same as no one refers to the River End as the 'Regency Stand' or whatever brand it is sponsored by now.  Or the Woodforde's End for the Barclay.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

No one would know the capacity. 

Tangible Fixed Assets would.

• Like 1

Can call it what they like and take the money, it’s still going to be Carrow Road to most people.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Wouldn't bother me, it'd still be known as Carrow Rd by those that matter. 

I think it more likely now a new stadium would be built out of town whilst we continue to play at Carrow Rd. The window to extend Carrow Rd whilst not losing revenue has passed.

Can't see the point in renaming something that hasn't been charged.

The ** insert owner name here** Broadland  Stadium.

30 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

BK8 deep throat sausage arena 

“There’s been a goal at the Deep Throat” would be different on 5 Live.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

“There’s been a goal at the Deep Throat” would be different on 5 Live.

"A long ball was hammered into the box, the opposition defence couldn't get a head on it here at the Deep Throat, and Norwich take the lead!"

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think it more likely now a new stadium would be built out of town whilst we continue to play at Carrow Rd. The window to extend Carrow Rd whilst not losing revenue has passed.

Can't see the point in renaming something that hasn't been charged.

The ** insert owner name here** Broadland  Stadium.

Wasnt really a window to extend in reality was there. Not even with a large dollop of hindsight. 

people are moaning now we arent spending enough on the transfers, (long way to go yet!) imagine if north of £100M had gone on a new ground?   

Oh and the point of renaming it / awarding naming rights is to bring in money - for the sponsors exposure everytime the TV / Radio mentions them, when cutting over to report on a goal / incident etc. 

Football is all about money now, 

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

"A long ball was hammered into the box, the opposition defence couldn't get a head on it here at the Deep Throat, and Norwich take the lead!"

Getting exciting here as the crowd rise to their feet in anticipation at the deep throat.............

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Getting exciting here as the crowd rise to their feet in anticipation at the deep throat.............

You get the sense that something big is coming...

😐

And now for something completely different.

This seems to me an obvious solution…  ground naming  deal with the owner of this 6-strong US fast food chain 

image.gif.b4521a16aae4870e31f1bf7c64d73895.gif

Penalty at the Deep Throat,

“Debatable whether he went down too easy but definite contact made. Remember he’s on 68 goals in all competitions so stay with us live for number 69”

Edited by Midlands Yellow

‘A welcome return to the Deep Throat today for Neil Warnock whose last visit was a testy affair which he admitted left a bad taste in his mouth’

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

What a climax at the Deep Throat

“And the crowd are loving it,a goal at both ends in the final minute. Vardy thought he’d rescued a point for Leicester City with a simple tap in but a slick Norwich move and a gaping hole in the away defence let’s  Pukki hammer home for the 3points”

Edited by Midlands Yellow

I recall watching players, against Arsenal & England lob Seaman from the 1/2 way line. 

The Cheap Morrison's Breakfast across the road and get your fuel while your there and B&M is there too Stadium which used to be near Colemans for all you away supporters Arena. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

The Cheap Morrison's Breakfast across the road and get your fuel while your there and B&M is there too Stadium which used to be near Colemans for all you away supporters Arena. 

I'm sure I've seen quite a few in the Belly Busters section