Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

More good news

22 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Not sure about their marketing. Look how much belly button is on show! 

20210429_155428_901252.700.jpg

Always wondered what happened to Des from Neighbours

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I just hope due diligence has been carried out before we entered into a contract. 😛

I just had a look on the Joma website as have no idea who they are. The models seem to range from looking bored to confused, not a hint if sexy, totally safe.

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Be patient when you order one as 20,000 shirts have just been sent back for some reason. 

Is this because we’ve only just decided on a main sponsor (Lotus it seems 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

If you want to talk about quality,  I am not sure if there is still only one with the Oeko Tex 100 standard that ensures that the dyes they use don't contain carcinogens etc, but for years Errea were that company.

That said, polyester is polyester.  Joma will be perfectly OK and the club will be getting a far better deal than they would from Nike, Puma or Adidas, for essentially the same product. 

Edited by Just Dan

2 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Not sure about their marketing. Look how much belly button is on show! 

20210429_155428_901252.700.jpg

I'm not buying that shirt. You end up with no ****!

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm not buying that shirt. You end up with no ****!

Kn*b ??

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Their North Macedonian kit looks extremely cheap however 

Think that's the nature of their flag / kit, as basically it's just a transposition of their flag onto it.

11 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

OFFS! -we've got problems with this. Joma - who knew?? Exploitation or what?

image.png.12907b45e8a50ced0b13094946ccfa41.png

Seen more risque pictures in the well thumbed pages of Grattans catalogue ladies lingerie section....Erm, err, well anyway my mate said he has....

I know this may be difficult to understand for some of you, but there is nothing inherently degrading about a female wearing underwear or swimsuits. Or indeed a t shirt with belly button showing. Rather, it is about context and juxtapositioning of male and female characters with regards to power symbols such as wealth or fame.

For example, if a picture showed a woman wearing lingerie next to fully clothed famous football player towering over her in a gambling ad, it would be sexist. But if you showed a woman wearing lingerie with a man wearing tight fit underwear with his football kit thrown in the corner, in a lingerie ad, it would almost certainly not be sexist. If the woman was handcuffed with the man holding her down, and it would be a picture from some bdsm p***, it would not necessarily be misogynistic.

Context.

Edited by Upo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Upo said:

For example, if a picture showed a woman wearing lingerie next to fully clothed famous football player towering over her in a gambling ad, it would be sexist. But if you showed a woman wearing lingerie with a man wearing tight fit underwear with his football kit thrown in the corner, in a lingerie ad, it would almost certainly not be sexist. If the woman was handcuffed with the man holding her down, and it would be a picture from some bdsm p***, it would not necessarily be misogynistic.

Context.

Do we need this graphic imagery at 08:30 in the morning on a family football forum with no minimum age to join, on a thread about the new shirt? 

No, we don't, do one.

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do we need this graphic imagery at 08:30 in the morning on a family football forum with no minimum age to join, on a thread about the new shirt? 

No, we don't, do one.

Thought for a moment of censoring my post, but then I realized I wrote absolutely nothing out of context considering the circumstances for change in sponsorship or said anything offensive with regards to language. I even censored p***. And it is definitely not 8:30 AM where I am.

With all due respect to your opinion, of course.

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, we don't, do one.

I wouldn't describe this as a family forum personally, and there's far more 'revealing' places you can go on the internet without needing to prove your age.

That said, if you really do care about youngsters on this forum, and i personally doubt anyone under 18 has joined this forum in years, it might be worth considering your own language and attitude before judging others, even in a post I read this morning you are calling others the C word. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The lace seals the deal. 

We'll have none of that kind of talk here. This is a family forum after all!

Edited by cornish sam

44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, we don't, do one.

Chill out. The point being made was perfectly valid and not remotely graphic. As for the time of day, what difference does that make?