Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

More good news

Indeed… why would this be good news? Never heard of Joma. And Errea have been good over the past few years – perhaps not in design all the time, but definitely in quality of product. 

5 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Indeed… why would this be good news? Never heard of Joma. And Errea have been good over the past few years – perhaps not in design all the time, but definitely in quality of product. 

There's a good reason you have not heard of Jorma.

They are pretty much the cheapest of the cheap when it comes to Kit suppliers. I mean, should not be surprising and all given Covid and all, but still rather disappointing

Rather Joma than Nike, Adidas or Puma - with any of those brands Norwich will just get a standard template design. Look at the Puma kits at the Euros, all the same design with different colours - they need to have the name of the country written on the front so people know which country the kit is for. 

image.png.9591640832c8e41b2a1708612b2d09a1.png

At least with Joma Norwich will get a unique design, which was also the advantage of Errea.

• Like 5

Not many decent kits in their range, don’t they do the Spanish team kits? Well I’ve not bought a new shirt since the Green Lotus shirt, I’ve bought a few retro tops instead. Be interesting to see the new kit!

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They are pretty much the cheapest of the cheap when it comes to Kit suppliers. I mean, should not be surprising and all given Covid and all, but still rather disappointing

Be patient when you order one as 20,000 shirts have just been sent back for some reason. 

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't think they are the 'cheapest of the cheap', they do a lot of the Spanish clubs kits and I think do Spain's U21 and below as well.  The Swansea kit this season was Joma and looked fairly good to me.  Perhaps you are getting confused with Jako which is definitely at the lower end of the spectrum.

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jorma Taccone? 

5 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I don't think they are the 'cheapest of the cheap', they do a lot of the Spanish clubs kits and I think do Spain's U21 and below as well.  The Swansea kit this season was Joma and looked fairly good to me.  Perhaps you are getting confused with Jako which is definitely at the lower end of the spectrum.

Do Sondico make kits for anyone?! 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I demand Roys of Wroxham produce our kits this season or I'm gonna protest outside the stadium. Anyone gonna join me?

you'll deffo be the first there! thats all im saying

• Haha 3

I just hope due diligence has been carried out before we entered into a contract. 😛

I'm biased as I've worn their kit when I played in Germany, but I'd have liked to see Saller get a go. Incidentally, they do Paderborn's kit...

49 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Disagree re. Jako - I doubt the likes of Bayer Leverkusen or VfB Stuttgart would wear poor kit. Jako make pretty decent stuff if you ask me and even though Cottbus have fallen through the ranks in German football, they've pretty much had Jako gear for the last twenty years if not longer.

When I read the title of this thread I was hoping Gordon has been found so disappointed it's just a sponsor announcement. Whatever happened to 'Good News Gordon'? His transfer alerts used to be a highlight (if not accurate of course ...but we could all pretend). The levels of satire have fallen in recent years 🙁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had always associated Joma with bad looking kits for some reason (probably unfairly to be honest), but looking on their website through the latest designs, there’s loads of really nice kits on there so I definitely take that back! Looks like we’re going Spanish this time rather than Italian 👍

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Be patient when you order one as 20,000 shirts have just been sent back for some reason. 

20,000!? Have we screwed up the kit as well as the sponsor? 🤣 #budget

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Does this rule out Lotus? Surely they wouldn't want their premier niche brand stuck on a piece of tat?

Didn't stop them when bought out The Excel.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Disagree re. Jako - I doubt the likes of Bayer Leverkusen or VfB Stuttgart would wear poor kit. Jako make pretty decent stuff if you ask me and even though Cottbus have fallen through the ranks in German football, they've pretty much had Jako gear for the last twenty years if not longer.

Their North Macedonian kit looks extremely cheap however 

Not sure about their marketing. Look how much belly button is on show! 

20210429_155428_901252.700.jpg

10 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Not sure about their marketing. Look how much belly button is on show! 

20210429_155428_901252.700.jpg

that pic is not in @TIL 1010's league

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Does this rule out Lotus? Surely they wouldn't want their premier niche brand stuck on a piece of tat?

Looks like lotus will be our main shirt sponsor