Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Just how well would this Norwich 11 do?

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Who is Edwards?

Bloke we had on loan from spurs, don't think he ever started, and only recall one game coming on as a sub. 

Poor attitude evidently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Tierney had a real purple patch, as did Whittaker

Tierney was excellent for us, a pretty limited player who played well above himself, as did many in that team.

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

Tierney was excellent for us, a pretty limited player who played well above himself, as did many in that team.

Tierney and Whittaker were both very good for us. Like you say, lots in that team were bang average on a footballing level but can't be denied we got so much more out of them.

Sorry but without Andy Hughes there’s no way that 11 can be used……come to think of it, big Dave Strihavka or RVW should be considered!

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Tierney and Whittaker were both very good for us. Like you say, lots in that team were bang average on a footballing level but can't be denied we got so much more out of them.

Makes you realise how lucky we've been at left back for quite a long time. In my years supporting Norwich its gone Drury, Tierney, Garrido, Olsson, Dijks, Lewis, Quintilla, Gianoullis. I know we've had others but these guys have been the starters and there is no 'bad' option in there.

21 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Scrapping around the bottom third of the Championship conceding a shed load of goals

So still a lot better than 1p5wich then.

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

Makes you realise how lucky we've been at left back for quite a long time. In my years supporting Norwich its gone Drury, Tierney, Garrido, Olsson, Dijks, Lewis, Quintilla, Gianoullis. I know we've had others but these guys have been the starters and there is no 'bad' option in there.

Thats very true actually.

Although still don't think any since Drury have been as good as he was 1vs1 at stopping a winger crossing 

This thread is conclusive proof that we need to sign someone now to go straight into the starting lineup 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

This thread is conclusive proof that we need to sign someone now to go straight into the starting lineup 🤣🤣

What else are we supposed to talk about, all we have for club news right now is half of pre season fixtures and Emi leaving🤣

A few of those weren't horrendous, if you're going for a dead cert finish below Ipswich team, then swap the following. 

Duda -> Brellier / Hughes

Butterfield -> Fotheringham

Lafferty -> Wolfswinkel (not a lot in it, but at least Lafferty could be a handful and not just a non entity)

Tierney -> Patrick Boyle...

Whittaker -> Otsemobor (from team of the season in L1 to shocking for us. Whittaker had some good times)

Naismith was a decent player once, but deserves to be in there for the simply treating us as his retirement fund 2 weeks after signing.

I can't see there ever being so much as a debate over who our worst ever goalkeeper is.  Mr Theo even made Simon Tracey look half decent.  I wonder if he'll still get mentioned in 100 years time...

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1