Thingy

How about Ben Pearson from Bournemouth?

He's only just gone there. He's probably not a Premier League player and don't we have a no **** policy when it comes to recruitment?

Bournemouth signed him in January hoping to play in the Premier League. As we know, if a player wants a move to play in the Premier League then they tend to get the move they want. He could easily fill the Skipp position. He cost Bournemouth only 500k as he was in last 6 months of his contract at Preston.

Edited by Thingy

42 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Bournemouth signed him in January hoping to play in the Premier League. As we know, if a player wants a move to play in the Premier League then they tend to get the move they want. He could easily fill the Skipp position. He cost Bournemouth only 500k as he was in last 6 months of his contract at Preston.

not sure he has enough ability plus i don't think he'd be cheap.

Would rather we just coughed up £15m for Billing

6 hours ago, Thingy said:

Its stats and transfers like the above that make me query why we aren't in for them at the time?

Sake a couple seasons ago with semi ajayi. Moved from Rotherham to west brom and was in a last year if contract with Rotherham at the time just relegated. 

But I suppose I'm nit picking at the recruitment team here! Easy for me to say indeed

15 Million for Billing,over rated and lazy like most of the Bournemouth players, not our type goes missing for large parts of the match.

He’s a thug style footballer and not one that will fit into Farkeball.

There’s a reason he only cost 500k

• Like 2

Wouldn't want Pearson or Billing frankly. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Lerma.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

He’s a thug style footballer and not one that will fit into Farkeball.

There’s a reason he only cost 500k

Ben Pearson cost Bournemouth only 500k because he was in the last 6 months of his contract at Preston and wanted to move. His position is the same as Skipp but he is stronger and faster than Skipp.  Pearson has battling qualities that we are going to need to stay in the Premier League. Gattuso was a similar type of player.

4 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Ben Pearson cost Bournemouth only 500k because he was in the last 6 months of his contract at Preston and wanted to move. His position is the same as Skipp but he is stronger and faster than Skipp.  Pearson has battling qualities that we are going to need to stay in the Premier League. Gattuso was a similar type of player.

That's a bit like comparing Luke Chambers to Rio Ferdinand. Similar in that they both play in the same part of the pitch 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wouldn't want Pearson or Billing frankly. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Lerma.

Lerma is banned for the first 6 games of the season for biting-so no thanks. Even apart from the biting-which he denied, saying it would be impossible for him to bite someone as he always wears a mouthguard-he gets too many bookings. 12 in 30, 11 in 33 (plus a red for 2 yellows) and 12 in 44 (plus 1 straight red) in the last 3 seasons. We do need a combative player but I reckon he would be missing at least 10 games.

Jefferson Lerma: Bournemouth midfielder gets six-game ban for biting - BBC Sport

Do we really need to sign a player that’s very skilled with simulation? I think he’d be a great signing if we do. Don’t know about his other skills though

1 hour ago, Thingy said:

That’s true, so probably worth 1.5mish at best. Skipp is a £15m+ player. Pearson might be quicker and stronger than Skipp, but he ain’t half the player Skippy is, and in only his first full professional season. Pearson is the polar opposite of what we need

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Would rather we just coughed up £15m for Billing

Way too much money for a player who has been relegated twice, with two different clubs.

Only got 1 cap for Denmark as well and he's 25.

Is he actually any good? Any other Premier League sides interested? 

I have not analysed any data, nor am I professional scout, yet as a footy lover, I like the look of Billing, I think he would be a good option as the defensive midfielder and fit into our system pretty well.  Not sure if his head is right for a third relegation battle.  I think we need two CDM’s, unless Farke believes Sorensen is going to step up.  Biling could be a solid option, perhaps Skipp or a high quality loan would be the second.  It is concerning that we have not made any signings, I have the perception that Webber is ahead of the game with his transfer strategy, so the good signings are made early or he strikes when the right opportunity presents itself.  We appear to be in the latter camp currently.

I really dislike Pearson, he would fail my no d16kh34d test.

2 hours ago, Thingy said:

I'll ask again, is this some kind of joke?? 

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Lerma is banned for the first 6 games of the season for biting-so no thanks. Even apart from the biting-which he denied, saying it would be impossible for him to bite someone as he always wears a mouthguard-he gets too many bookings. 12 in 30, 11 in 33 (plus a red for 2 yellows) and 12 in 44 (plus 1 straight red) in the last 3 seasons. We do need a combative player but I reckon he would be missing at least 10 games.

Jefferson Lerma: Bournemouth midfielder gets six-game ban for biting - BBC Sport

From that team I'd have Lerma over Pearson and Billing every single time, precisely because he is that combative!

Pearson doesn't actually do anything, jogs around passing the ball sideways and diving.

Plus he's a *****

The only positive thing would be I get to swear about him every week.

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

I have not analysed any data, nor am I professional scout, yet as a footy lover, I like the look of Billing, I think he would be a good option as the defensive midfielder and fit into our system pretty well.  Not sure if his head is right for a third relegation battle.  I think we need two CDM’s, unless Farke believes Sorensen is going to step up.  Biling could be a solid option, perhaps Skipp or a high quality loan would be the second.  It is concerning that we have not made any signings, I have the perception that Webber is ahead of the game with his transfer strategy, so the good signings are made early or he strikes when the right opportunity presents itself.  We appear to be in the latter camp currently.

I really dislike Pearson, he would fail my no d16kh34d test.

Talking to a Bournemouth fan, he says the general consensus is Billing’s nothing special when played in a defensive midfield role, but is actually far more effective when deployed further up the pitch. Not sure on him myself, I suspect Webber has already found someone better with more potential for less outlay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Talking to a Bournemouth fan, he says the general consensus is Billing’s nothing special when played in a defensive midfield role, but is actually far more effective when deployed further up the pitch. Not sure on him myself, I suspect Webber has already found someone better with more potential for less outlay.

Yes, Billing has been average as a DCM in the Championship but played better in a more forward position.

What I’ve learned in the last near 20 years is anyone who comes on here with a name like ‘Thingy’ or similar is usually on the wind up and it doesn’t shock me at all when people respond to said wind up 

no thanks 

9 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

What I’ve learned in the last near 20 years is anyone who comes on here with a name like ‘Thingy’ or similar is usually on the wind up

Says a poster with the name yobocop 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Says a poster with the name yobocop 😁

Haha 

Joseph Yobo, I’ll have you know 😂