Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Kieran Scott linked with Boro

He’s in the building in prime place to replace Webber.

If he goes I think it is reasonable to infer either:

a) Webber is staying longer

b) Webber et al do not think he is up to it

c) There is someone else better lined up

Parma

• Like 1

I've often wondered how Farke would react to effectively having Scott as his boss. From scout to head scout to Farke's boss. I wonder if Farke has intimated he's not keen.

The club is going to hell in a hand cart, what is going on, the only people we actually want out the stowmarket 2 are still clinging on

8 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma

Or he is being offer more money and a promotion at another club. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma

Or promotion and a pay rise.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma

Agree with you, Parma. Sure, he may have been offered more money at Boro, but I find it very hard to believe that we couldn’t match or even beat their offer if we were desperate to keep him. I think it alludes to Webber staying here longer as we know KS wants a DOF role, and if it’s not that, then we ourselves have decided there’s a new man for the job. 

• Like 1

Supposedly, and it fits the facts, Webber moved from an on-the-verge-of-promotion Huddersfield to us because he wanted more autonomy, and he certainly seems to have a great deal here.

If I were Scott, assuming he thinks or knows Webber will go soonish, and believes he is in pole position to take over, I would demand the same amount of autonomy and then compare it with how much autonony was on offer at Middlesbrough.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I've often wondered how Farke would react to effectively having Scott as his boss. From scout to head scout to Farke's boss. I wonder if Farke has intimated he's not keen.

Considering where Farke came from I seriously doubt he has an ego about that type of thing. He was operating at non-league level right up until 2 years before we got him

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Agree with you, Parma. Sure, he may have been offered more money at Boro, but I find it very hard to believe that we couldn’t match or even beat their offer if we were desperate to keep him. I think it alludes to Webber staying here longer as we know KS wants a DOF role, and if it’s not that, then we ourselves have decided there’s a new man for the job. 

Indeed. We do some things differently as we try to maximise gains on the margins of our model. 

Just as we pay high for developing, well-regarded lower league talent, there is great logic in paying high for Sporting Directors, technical staff and (say) 360 Football bots. These are high cost for what they are, though influential and ‘cheap’ versus wages and transfer fees. 

Thus a key role, with a groomed successor in the building, would be highly unlikely to be ‘lost’ for a few dollars more. We can - and do - pay well for such things under our model (rightly).

Parma 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Supposedly, and it fits the facts, Webber moved from an on-the-verge-of-promotion Huddersfield to us because he wanted more autonomy, and he certainly seems to have a great deal here.

If I were Scott, assuming he thinks or knows Webber will go soonish, and believes he is in pole position to take over, I would demand the same amount of autonomy and then compare it with how much autonony was on offer at Middlesbrough.

Very different though. When Webber came from Huddersfield he was able to copy the model: appoint a technical German coach from a top team, try to find value in the Bundesliga 2, use premiership loans and try to play in a Champions team level style.

I can't see Middlesboro being attractive to Scott when he's said in interview that he believes the way we play football is the way football should be played. Pulis, and finally Warnock with a squad of big athletes doesn't sound like that.

Wouldn't surprise me if Scott's agent is trying to get his name out there and give him a bigger profile.

Warnock is the spanner in the works here, I can't see how he could work with a Sporting Director in any way. I imagine Scott is attractive to Boro because of his record of overseeing signings but I don't see the type of signings he's been involved with working with Warnock picking the team.  I try to imagine if we had Warnock in place going into our 2018 season like so many people wanted after Farke's dull first year. The Pukki we signed before he hit his stride for us would have never gotten into a Warnock team because he's too small, can't hold the ball up and doesn't offer much defensively, he would've dropped Krul after his early shakiness and he would've never found his stride again, Buendia would have probably been stuck on the wing of a flat midfield if he even got a game at all, Aarons would have never got a debut, Zimmermann would have been told to clear it long ever time and wouldn't have been as effective because he couldn't start attacks etc etc

It just doesn't work, unless they're looking at replacing Warnock next season

From the Teesside Gazette:

Middlesbrough are yet to make contact with Norwich City over recruitment guru Kieran Scott, despite weekend reports declaring their interest. Scott is currently serving as head of recruitment at Norwich City and was credited with playing a key role in finding stars such as Teemu Pukki and Emi Buendia.

But the Sun on Sunday claimed Boro are eyeing a move for the renowned talent-spotter where they would offer him a role as sporting director on Teesside.

However, reports in Suffolk say that Boro are yet to make any contact over Scott, while on Teesside club sources were unsure on the report and not aware of whether the club had any interest or not, or even whether the sporting director role was one the club was even looking to fill.

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

From the Teesside Gazette:

Middlesbrough are yet to make contact with Norwich City over recruitment guru Kieran Scott, despite weekend reports declaring their interest. Scott is currently serving as head of recruitment at Norwich City and was credited with playing a key role in finding stars such as Teemu Pukki and Emi Buendia.

But the Sun on Sunday claimed Boro are eyeing a move for the renowned talent-spotter where they would offer him a role as sporting director on Teesside.

However, reports in Suffolk say that Boro are yet to make any contact over Scott, while on Teesside club sources were unsure on the report and not aware of whether the club had any interest or not, or even whether the sporting director role was one the club was even looking to fill.

Looks like the Teeside Gazette need a Geography lesson.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like the Teeside Gazette need a Geography lesson.

They're still more accurate than the sun claiming that Boro were after someone for a job they don't even have....