Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Kieran Scott linked with Boro

If he is being groomed as Webber's successor then he will know (or now be told) how long Webber is planning to be around for. Previously it was next June, there have been hints this might be extended, but only short term. Hopefully he has been learning about the infinite game off his senpai and will see Boro as a short term win leading to a long term greater loss...

Just now, cornish sam said:

If he is being groomed as Webber's successor then he will know (or now be told) how long Webber is planning to be around for. Previously it was next June, there have been hints this might be extended, but only short term. Hopefully he has been learning about the infinite game off his senpai and will see Boro as a short term win leading to a long term greater loss...

Or alternatively, this is the sun so it's a load of bollox

• Like 1

I just saw this in the transfer rumour thread.

Basically thought the article from the Sun was a bit vague, but acknowledge this would be a loss if it came to pass. 

That's an interesting one.  If there's a legitimate offer on the table then there's certainly a conversation to be had between him and Webber.

I did get the feeling he was being groomed for the role here though. If that isn't the case then he could certainly do worse than Boro.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Feels like an exodus of non-playing staff at the minute. 

Am I missing something? I know about the scout who went off to Palace? Are there others?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Feels like an exodus of non-playing staff at the minute. 

Other than Kensell who else has gone? I've not been paying much attention.

If he goes then perhaps it means Webber is staying a bit longer...

47 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Chris Jones, Lead Domestic and European Scout, gone to Crystal Palace.

The trouble with staying here is that he will be constrained by our model and will always be compared with Stuart Webber.

Great opportunity to start afresh and make his mark.

• Like 1

If our staff as well as players are being linked, It shows we must be doing something right as a club. And as the article states, Webber has been aware of Scott’s intentions for a while so I expect he has a replacement in mind if this happens.

• Like 1

Would certainly be a big loss, and would be an even bigger loss if Webber does leave upon the expiration of his contract next summer, as Scott would almost certainly be his successor.

Are we... falling apart? Probably not, but certainly feels that way.

Has anyone wondered whether it might be us looking for an upgrade, for someone better? Why does it mean 'the rats are leaving a sinking ship?' If KS leaves because he wants to further his career then fine (might be a backward step to stay in the Championship but one where he can be a bigger fish, who knows?).

My take is that we may indeed think we can do better and feel we can be more ambitious. I might be wrong but Webber, I imagine, is someone quite ruthless when he senses something isn't quite right and he may have had one of his conversations. If this is correct then I would expect us to have already lined up a new head coach. Time will tell.

If he leaves then it either suggests he wasn't being groomed to succeed Webber or that Webber isn't leaving. It would be a shame as he seems to be highly rated but teams headhunting our staff is just a sign they're doing well to be honest.

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Has anyone wondered whether it might be us looking for an upgrade, for someone better? Why does it mean 'the rats are leaving a sinking ship?' If KS leaves because he wants to further his career then fine (might be a backward step to stay in the Championship but one where he can be a bigger fish, who knows?).

My take is that we may indeed think we can do better and feel we can be more ambitious. I might be wrong but Webber, I imagine, is someone quite ruthless when he senses something isn't quite right and he may have had one of his conversations. If this is correct then I would expect us to have already lined up a new head coach. Time will tell.

You are making it sound like he is preparing to jump before he was pushed.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are making it sound like he is preparing to jump before he was pushed.

I've no idea at all but I am offering that just another possibility might be the case. Folk tend to jump to conclusions and that the grass is always greener.

I don't really have an agenda about most things Norwich City. What will be will be. 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I've no idea at all but I am offering that just another possibility might be the case. Folk tend to jump to conclusions and that the grass is always greener.

I don't really have an agenda about most things Norwich City. What will be will be. 

That’s the way I go with things now Sonic, we have zero influence, so ride it and discuss only, no point getting angry at things which we really just waste energy on….as you say what will be will be!

11 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

The tea lady has been poached by Roy’s Rolls

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The trouble with staying here is that he will be constrained by our model and will always be compared with Stuart Webber.

Great opportunity to start afresh and make his mark.

Our model is exactly what makes the job of Norwich City DoF so interesting and attractive.

• Like 1

As others have said. Scott knows how long Webber will be around. He is in safe hands and on a fast track to DoF. Why leave now? Its not like there's no sign of progression for him

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I think the fact Scott is being linked with a promotion at Boro suggests it isn't that we're looking to upgrade.

If a Employee is someone who is going to be very hard to replace you should offer him as much as you can to keep him here 

if on the other hand you think you can replace him let him go