Sign in to follow this  
breaker

A Silent Protest

I am sure that many will not agree with this suggestion but I strongly believe that any form of verbal protest before, during or after games will have a detrimental effect on the players (although after Sunday''s debacle could they get any worse?!). We should try and put our feelings towards the board & Worthy to one side and do our job as supporters, however poorly the team play. If we do this then no-one (players, management or board) can turn around and accuse us of contributing to poor performances or results. The other possible benefit is that players like Rehman just might want to join come the end of the season. I know this is based on only one performance but he looked very strong and focused.

My suggestion is a very simple one - write a letter to the board stating in very clear, but not emotive or abusive, terms that you are very unhappy with the management/coaching staff/board/style of play/signings/tactics (or anything else!).

I have already done this. If 150 people write then it is clear the feelings expressed on this forum are not widely felt, if 15,000 people write then maybe the board will uderstand.

Breaker,

You make a very good point and in an ideal world this would be the way forward. Problem is that 15,000 fans will NOT write to the Board. Only a VERY small number of fans like you (and me) would do that. It is this kind of reluctance to air views in this way (or as proved at meetings like the AGM, fans forums etc) that makes the Board think that we are a very small albeit vocal minority.

Hence, my idea of the ''White Hanky'' uprising starting at Hull. IF fans join in this idea I''m not saying it will bring Worthy down but at least it would make damn clear to the Board that the feelings are more widespread than they think and it would be a highly VISIBLE form of protest. The more high profile, visible coverage we get particularly with various media outlets picking up on it, the more we will ratchet up the pressure on the Board (and management team).    

I agree your points about Rehman etc. but players aren''t fools. They are well used to fans cheering a good performance and boooing a bad one! To them I think it is pretty much ''water off a ducks back'' UNLESS of course the verbals start getting targeted at individual players which is totally out of order. In any event, any booing we may do at Carrow Raod at the end of games is small fry compared with the abuse teams get at clubs like Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle etc. Also, you never know, some of the players may (privately) agree with the anti Worthy stuff. I am convinced that there is poor morale at Norwich despite what the Board will have us believe.  

If someone wants to draft a suitable letter and post it on here, I will gladly amend accordingly and send to the proper person at Carrow Rd.

But to be honest I can''t be ars*d to sit down and draft my own because I am just too depressed, to express my feelings in writing is normaly cathartic, but the Club and its owners head in the sand approach to our current plight leaves me apopleptic. 

I have written many letters to the club over the years and alway received a reply.  Have to admit nowadays I email them, but will temporarily break with my new custom and enclose my thoughts to the board when I renew.  I shall request it''s read out at the next board meeting or discussed under AOB. 

I appreciate that it''s tough to take time out to compose a letter and make sure its not too over the top, which mine sometimes are, but if you care enough and have conviction in how you feel you will make the effort.  Of course there will also be mail to the club backing them during this time, because I am sure there are people out there who completely agree with the board''s stance on the current state of our club.  Good for them, they are least are following their feelings and doing what they think they should do.

Yellow Rider, not going to Hull, due to family things this weekend, but will take part in your white hanky waving on Valentine''s Night.  Shouldn''t it not be red hearts though   [:)]

Unfortunately Yellow Rider some of us are not able to get tickets (season or otherwise) and therefore could not swell your White Hanky protest (a good idea) which is why I have done what I can. To be honest I could not care less who is the manager or who plays for Norwich City as long as I can see commitment, passion and good football. If we had played well, fought hard and scored goals yet still lost (which is what City used to do when I first started supporting them) I wouldn''t really mind being 14th because I would have the belief that things could get better. This season, although I have only seen a handful of games, I have yet to see ANY real passion or flowing football.