Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Round of applause for Hanley 👏

BBC ratings has Hanley down in 7th best Scotland player on a 6.something. Maybe a neutral whose not watching every step tackle and header that one of their own makes wouldn’t be so glowing in prise but thought that was harsh, even if Kane was poor he’s the type of player that can do nothing for 89 minutes then win the game so to prevent him getting a sniff of a chance was excellent.

22 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

BBC ratings has Hanley down in 7th best Scotland player on a 6.something. Maybe a neutral whose not watching every step tackle and header that one of their own makes wouldn’t be so glowing in prise but thought that was harsh, even if Kane was poor he’s the type of player that can do nothing for 89 minutes then win the game so to prevent him getting a sniff of a chance was excellent.

Sadly defenders often don't get high ratings even if they do well, tend to often be the forgeten men when it comes to ratings

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

The same one as you! I just don’t think he had a whole lot to get involved in. I’d say McGinn had more say and dictated the midfield which ultimately led to Scotland’s back line not having a whole bunch of stuff to do. It was Scotland’s pressing from midfield which prevented the England forward play which meant by the time we did break through it was more or less nullified meaning the Scottish defence had a fairly easy job of mopping up. 

Or maybe I was taking crazy pills the whole time?! Posters on here are so quick to ram their opinions down your throats. You satisfied trying to make me look like a b£llend behind that keyboard of yours?! Well done for scoring some points on a football forum. 

Sorry, not trying to make you look like a b£llend (or even a b€llend!). Let's just say I respectfully disagree.

You make a good point that the midfield were solid in their pressing; I don't disagree with that at all. I would add though that defence did their job every time they were called on, and the England strikers could barely get into the box. And if you watch, Hanley was communicating with the midfield players throughout, gesturing to them to push up or stay in position. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a great team performance, but Hanley was a leader on the pitch yesterday, and a big part of why they didn't concede.

The one spell Grant was actually fit in the Premier League, I thought he looked very decent. Totally unfair to judge a player on other parts of the season when we knew he wasn’t anywhere near 100% fit - he should not be expected to be playing at his full potential under those circumstances. Given that he’s certainly since improved and developed further as a player, then last nights performance was very pleasing but not entirely surprising at all. Think even as things stand our back line looks far stronger than what it was 2 years ago - just need to keep them fit now! 🤞