Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Grant Hanley

Quotes from the Independent:

"Without anyone to take a hold of the ball and move it thoughtfully up the pitch, England too often resorted into the type of long-ball game that was cheap beer to Scotland’s backline, especially the superb Grant Hanley." 

"Grant Hanley - 9 out of 10

Led Scotland’s backline through some shaky moments to dominate in the air and turn away England’s tame attempts to create chances. Excellent late tackle on Rashford."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/england-s-lack-of-substance-and-sunshine-a-truer-representation-of-the-british-game-than-memories-of-euro-96/ar-AALceHt?ocid=msedgntp

Edited by horsefly

The national media dont realise how rapid he is. He's as quick as anyone. A top centre half. Staying fit is his biggest problem, but if he does that and gets in a rhythm he's a real asset to us and Scotland.

When you think that many saw GH as somewhat of a panic buy when we signed him after the debacle of a hiding at Millwall .

Would have been the late Duncan Forbes' 80th birthday today, I bet he'd be happy with his performance. A well earned Cap and a double Cap-doff from me to them both. 🔰🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 18/06/2021 at 22:18, Son Ova Gunn said:

Hello again TY, you like me don’t you :). Latest directive from governing body is man of match is outdated and sexist and should now be Star of the Match. Perhaps less time stalking me and more time away from the forum I wouldn’t have to keep explaining everything to you all the bleedin time 

😂 it’s funny the wind up you give to that annoying poster, but this is proper waffle