Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

England v Scotland

What are your predictions/wants for this game?   I've split loyalties with being half-english/half-scots, but want to see Scotland win so as to make it interesting going into the last game for both countries and also of course want Hanley to do well....plus, I'm disillusioned with the England set up over many years. 

If it was Norwich, I would be going for Hanley to score and a 1-0 away win, so hoping for that.

Imagine making this thread before I did smh, how could you

Seriosuly though feel this is gonna be a rather tense one and Scoland will put up a bigger fight than some may expect, probably quite a handbags at dawn match (I mean Andrew Robertson will be starting for Scotland no doubt so he will do all he can to rile us/England up) and I do have a feeling there is quite a high chance of a red card

Do think England will grab the winner by the end of the match, but that the result will be close

Comfortable England win, we are far superior to Scotland and I just can't see them touching us with a 'home' crowd at Wembley.

3-0.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

I did it, I solved the 'should Foden or Mount start?' debate! And no, I'm not being serious.. or am I?

And sent Pope to a faith healer? 

• Haha 1

Send the Scot's packing home. Biggest match for them though, so they'll be up for it. It'll be tight on the scoreline but think it will be farily comfortable for England.

I think England will win 2-0. Grealish will come off the bench as he was training away from the squad so assume he's not fit to start. No need to change a side that played well and won well in the last game, same again if there's no injuries/fatigue, the only thing I'd be tempted to do would be swap James for Walker who I thought was very poor in the opening 45 minutes

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

I think England will win 2-0. Grealish will come off the bench as he was training away from the squad so assume he's not fit to start. No need to change a side that played well and won well in the last game, same again if there's no injuries/fatigue, the only thing I'd be tempted to do would be swap James for Walker who I thought was very poor in the opening 45 minutes

Have heard some rumours from both the grapevine and big Dave down the pub that the word is that both Shaw and James will be starting tonight, and that Grealish starting is up in the air- He want's to start and Southgate wants to start him but he's not sure if hes fit for the full 90

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have heard some rumours from both the grapevine and big Dave down the pub that the word is that both Shaw and James will be starting tonight, and that Grealish starting is up in the air- He want's to start and Southgate wants to start him but he's not sure if hes fit for the full 90

I think SkySports were reporting Shaw and James starting but don't think it said anything about Grealish. I imagine a lot of those returning from injury, Grealish, Maguire and Henderson, may all come on off the bench to get some minutes

I just hope it's a fun, entertaining game with good intensity. i honestly don't care about the result. Having lived my whole life in Norfolk I feel about as much connection to the rest of England as I do any other random country

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I just hope it's a fun, entertaining game with good intensity. i honestly don't care about the result. Having lived my whole life in Norfolk I feel about as much connection to the rest of England as I do any other random country

'fun, entertaining game'

Andrew Robertson says hello

Scotland last beat England at old Wembley in a Euro 2000 qualifying match and in atypical Scottish fashion it was a two legged tie and we lost and went out on aggregate.

I'm expecting England start trying to open it up and once they get an opening goal to play like they did against Croatia controlling the game and being patient. Scotland whether they score or not to get shredded at the end of the game. 3:0 or 3:1 to England

But hey C'mon ya Bravehearts prove me wrong.

14 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Win lose or draw we all have to remember this

Scotland is a third world country

_107897450_optimised-02_international_co

If the Scots were not smoked and cracked out of their brains they would be very upset with you

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

_107897450_optimised-02_international_co

If the Scots were not smoked and cracked out of their brains they would be very upset with you

“Top of the league”

• Haha 1

2 changes, James and Shaw in for Walker and Trippier. More balanced with more attacking full backs than the Croatia game. 

Hoping Grealish comes on at some point. 

Watching the Croatia game right now and a draw will suit Scotland.

It will be a closer game then people think as England are not free scoring of late and Scotland will be up for it.

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

2 changes, James and Shaw in for Walker and Trippier. More balanced with more attacking full backs than the Croatia game. 

Hoping Grealish comes on at some point. 

Foden AND Mount with Sterling too is all out attack, nevermind shaw and James being more wingbacks.

Shame we have gone for defensive midfielders again or i might have got excited that we were going for all out attack