Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

New Sponsor

8 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Spotted in Leytonstone, is it a trial run?

840EA3DE-67B1-46AD-93D7-CA2CA832C712.jpeg

Where are the scantily clad women?

Well finding a sponsor without any ickle skeletons in t'cupboard is always gonna be quite difficult.....The club needs to get its online inline roller blades on and get it sorted - and hopefully announce it pronto.....The tik tok of the forthcoming new season is tickin'......

I'm hoping it's Lotus, and I hope that the club also adopts this position.....

26 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't understand what a Formula 1 team get's out of shirt sponsorship to be honest, what's in it for them? 

I understand gambling companies, people see that logo while watching football, a ping goes off in their head and they make a bet, but even looking at the commercial road car side of their business, would anybody buy a car because their logo is on Norwich's shirt? I don't get it, I can't imagine they're paying us a lot, they're certainly not going to sell anywhere near even 1 million pounds worth of cars from the exposure they'll get. 

As much as many people have a problem with it, as a self funding club hopelessly out of our depth financially in this league I'd rather we went for a gambling company and topped up our transfer budget a bit, but that's just me, we already do plenty of community work and help a lot of people, I wish people were more understanding of the clubs position and what we're up against. 

I agree with your comments about Lotus, although there is prestige associated with sponsoring a premiership club, how much is that worth?

I don’t agree that we should sign a deal with the devil to just stay in the premiership.  I would rather have a strong top championship with a valuable brand association than to drop to lowest common denominator to stay in the premiership, and I assume the outcry from fans means that the majority felt that way.

it is concerning that we have not had any incoming players yet, although those transfers which have happened are not financially out of our league, it is the ambition which probably puts the players off coming here.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 12:16, Daz Sparks said:

Where are the scantily clad women?

Will this do? That coffee is well over priced. 

M

Edited by Midlands Yellow

This sponsor for us now and in the future would certainly be apt......"Check it out now.....Right about now"......Replace the Seagull with a Canary, right here, right now....Sorted.....

Brighton & Hove Albion Third football shirt 2007 - 2008. Sponsored by Skint

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

I went a bit far on Mr Moore in terms of what the EDP are comfortable staying up on an Archant site goes.

I'm glad he paid Huckerby's wages but he's dined off it since, there's a lot more anti Norwich stuff I could allege about him but there's not really any point. Bloke's a tool.

Why do you always assume that someone is out to get you Til? I have nothing against old Plod or yourself. I was just going in on Carl.

All i did was point out that the transfer window of 2003/2004 was funded by a share issue in order to get Huckerby, Crouch and Harper to the club and that subsequently the chap who  you do not hold in high regard paid a large portion of Huckerby's wages.  I was curious as to why Mr. Moore turned anti club and by the way my views on him as a person are much the same as yours.

Your assumption that i think someone is always out to get me on here cannot be a serious remark surely and if you think i get rattled on a football forum by posters hiding behind the mask of anonymity you obviously have never met me ?

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

All i did was point out that the transfer window of 2003/2004 was funded by a share issue in order to get Huckerby, Crouch and Harper to the club and that subsequently the chap who  you do not hold in high regard paid a large portion of Huckerby's wages.  I was curious as to why Mr. Moore turned anti club and by the way my views on him as a person are much the same as yours.

Your assumption that i think someone is always out to get me on here cannot be a serious remark surely and if you think i get rattled on a football forum by posters hiding behind the mask of anonymity you obviously have never met me ?

Someone's touchy. And I don't mean you @TIL 1010. Maybe his kids gave his fathers days gifts to their real dad! 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Someone's touchy. And I don't mean you @TIL 1010. Maybe his kids gave his fathers days gifts to their real dad! 

That will ruffle a few feathers, should be a retort within ten minutes. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That will ruffle a few feathers, should be a retort within ten minutes. 

Tick tock! 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

We must have been at least a bit at cross-purposes. I was specifically talking about the winter window that season being the most ambitious ever, not the preceding summer one, with Huckerby, Crouch and Harper, which was indeed helped by funding from the share issue. The point about the winter window was that there was probably not much share-issue money left over from the summer but still the massive strengthening of the squad was authorised and arranged.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2021 at 12:38, PurpleCanary said:

No. Doncaster. The winter window in the 2003-04 season.

I would’ve said we were more ambitious when we bought fer, v wolfswinkel etc 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Tick tock! 

I'm just wondering when one of you two fine individuals are going to ask me out

2 hours ago, FatCanary said:

I'm just wondering when one of you two fine individuals are going to ask me out

Don't flatter yourself!

That’d be great - I’d have loved Marmite, but do realise some would love it and some would hate it, though🙂

Edited by Branston Pickle

'VEGEMITE'......as a sponsor......Although with its origins would it have to be printed upside down across the chest of the shirt?.....

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Were we expecting confirmation this week?  If so, presumably that’s tomorrow…

Your namesake Branston  ? Owned by a massive Japanese company - Mizkan. Have a large production plant in Bury St Eds. Plenty of cash , Japanese are a decent bunch and nicked from under the Binners noses ! Perfect !! 

PS still going to be Lotus though ... 

On 20/06/2021 at 12:07, dj11 said:

Spotted in Leytonstone, is it a trial run?

840EA3DE-67B1-46AD-93D7-CA2CA832C712.jpeg

By the by, we’ll be near neighbours shortly as I’ll be over the tracks in Leyton. Petition to make the Heathcote and Star a Norwich pub. 

That and the red lion are my locals. Let me know if you fancy a light ale.