Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

New Sponsor

18 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Kettle Chips - made in Norwich 

I did mention them as one of the few possibilities that I could think of - don’t think anyone could have any complaints if we went with them…

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Can it be as black and white as that though Purple? Most companies do things that some people would regard as morally wrong. Who now decides which moral compass applies with a given sponsor?

Are the parent company/backers of Lotus in China squeaky clean? If a group of our fans are offended by them then does that rule them out as well? Or is offending that group for cash ok because they are maybe not so vocal or don;t have the same platform to get to the club? Surely we either have to take a stand that any sponsor has to be morally unquestionable regardless of whether that means we can't bring in the same revenues or we accept that football sponsorship tends to come from certain industries such as betting where certain marketing or other practices may not be as we would like? 

I've already said I wasn;t keen on the BK8 sponsorship as I think the brand is a bit grubby in terms of how they market themselves. I would prefer an alternative sponsor if there are vaible alternatives. That said, we already significantly disadvantage oursleves through being "self funded" and so if we are going to further disadvantage ourselves through a morale crusade then its only going to make things even tougher.

I would like it to be me, but it is the owners ultimately. It is their company.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

£5m is the cost of 3 and a bit Emi Buendias. 😜

None of which we would be able to buy because of the post-brexit rules. Any player complying with those rules will already be proven and thus more expensive.  (plus Buendia's total cost was just over £5m)

The media would love it just so they can run a 'From poker chips to kettle chips' headline...

A 1-year deal with someone like Lotus (can't see any other company in Norfolk having 7-figure sponsorship budgets to throw around to be honest) wouldn't be terrible though; A Lotus shirt has the potential to look fantastic and the association with an existing high-end brand if marketed well (something I don't feel we've properly exploited in the past), could grow the club's exposure internationally.  if we do stay up we will then be more of a known quantity and in a good position to negotiate a bigger and better deal with a more well-heeled sponsor (realistically one from outside Norfolk) for the following season. 

• Like 1

Once the sponsor is announced just think we can do this all over again when the new kit is announced. 😜

• Haha 1

Apologies for the Sun link; but within the article they claim we are about to announce Lotus as the new sponsor in a deal worth less than half that of BK8. 

On 17/06/2021 at 09:43, Felixfan said:

It really is pathetic if a Premier league club cannot get a £5 million + shirt sponsor as this was the minimum about 3 years ago.

Notwithstanding the ethical considerations it should still be possible.

We did…remember? 

On 17/06/2021 at 10:16, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed. The CEO who masterminded the most ambitious transfer window in the club's history.

David McNally no? 

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No. Doncaster. The winter window in the 2003-04 season.

Funded by the fans with a share issue and a generous fan who paid towards Huckerby's wages.

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Funded by the fans with a share issue and a generous fan who paid towards Huckerby's wages.

indeed. Part-funded, but under all the circumstances, given the position we were in, my assessment stands.

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A generous fan who is actually a horrendously insipid and negative individual about all things NCFC and did away with his box around the time we got Farke in...

I refuse to applaud him for one action of generosity when he's a **** in person, frankly.

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

indeed. Part-funded, but under all the circumstances, given the position we were in, my assessment stands.

A bit touchy there Purple as merely adding to your post surrounding the incoming at that time of Huckerby, Crouch and Harper so my assessment stands also. 😜

11 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

A generous fan who is actually a horrendously insipid and negative individual about all things NCFC and did away with his box around the time we got Farke in...

I refuse to applaud him for one action of generosity when he's a **** in person, frankly.

That is as maybe FatCanary but why did Mr Moore turn against the club like he did ?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is as maybe FatCanary but why did Mr Moore turn against the club like he did ?

Scampi portions?

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Scampi portions?

Yes, it was in a way. He thought the reciprocal allowance of free scampi portions in Yellows 'for life' meant 'for the life of his descendants', unto X number of generations,  and took umbrage when he discovered that wasn't true.🤓

• Haha 1

Maybe Mr Moore doesn't fit the type of person the club want to deal with... I always found him to be generous to other City fans..

49 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Maybe Mr Moore doesn't fit the type of person the club want to deal with... I always found him to be generous to other City fans..

As I understand it this is correct so he had a paddy and gave up being a fan. Was by all accounts more interested in the bar than the football anyway. Which, you can't always blame him for but I never heard him say a positive word about the club other than what HE did for it in about 8 separate meetings before I tired of vacuous company, to be honest. 

Just Norwich fans desperate to suck up to Carl  eating up his anti-Club bile

And you can report and remove whatever you like but he's not an NCFC fan and I'm glad he's got NO say in our club. He has a negative cabal of tw4ts who follow him around spouting their crap and I hope all their wives leave them.

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

And you can report and remove whatever you like but he's not an NCFC fan and I'm glad he's got NO say in our club. He has a negative cabal of tw4ts who follow him around spouting their crap and I hope all their wives leave them.

Some might be gay. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Some might be gay. 

Well cover me in spermatozoa and call me an Englishman, its Midlands picking a fight they won't win.

We're live on OnlyFans at 6.

17 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Well cover me in spermatozoa and call me an Englishman, its Midlands picking a fight they won't win.

We're live on OnlyFans at 6.

I’d rather not if you don’t mind. 

17 hours ago, FatCanary said:

And you can report and remove whatever you like but he's not an NCFC fan and I'm glad he's got NO say in our club.

Not logged in since about 2pm yesterday and had a notification this morning that you had mentioned me in a comment but could not see it and now i spot this so what did i miss ?

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not logged in since about 2pm yesterday and had a notification this morning that you had mentioned me in a comment but could not see it and now i spot this so what did i miss ?

My guess is nothing. 

As threads go , this wins escalation of the week . I got as far as Kettle Chips being a Norfolk business (it isn’t by the way - it’s owned by Campbell’s in the US - it’s been sold a few times) , onto Mr Moore paying Huckerby’s wages , then who or who isn’t gay ? 
A splendid effort all round ! 
( By the way all roads seem to point to Lotus don’t they? )

• Haha 1

I went a bit far on Mr Moore in terms of what the EDP are comfortable staying up on an Archant site goes.

I'm glad he paid Huckerby's wages but he's dined off it since, there's a lot more anti Norwich stuff I could allege about him but there's not really any point. Bloke's a tool.

Why do you always assume that someone is out to get you Til? I have nothing against old Plod or yourself. I was just going in on Carl.

I don't understand what a Formula 1 team get's out of shirt sponsorship to be honest, what's in it for them? 

I understand gambling companies, people see that logo while watching football, a ping goes off in their head and they make a bet, but even looking at the commercial road car side of their business, would anybody buy a car because their logo is on Norwich's shirt? I don't get it, I can't imagine they're paying us a lot, they're certainly not going to sell anywhere near even 1 million pounds worth of cars from the exposure they'll get. 

As much as many people have a problem with it, as a self funding club hopelessly out of our depth financially in this league I'd rather we went for a gambling company and topped up our transfer budget a bit, but that's just me, we already do plenty of community work and help a lot of people, I wish people were more understanding of the clubs position and what we're up against.