Sign in to follow this  
Justin time

NAISMITH RETIRES.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No one is saying its easy, no one is saying it's 100% fool proof but if you ask Farke or Webber if money is crucial to the hoped for success of a signing... 100% they will say yes.

They might say it in private but not publically.

Football......AKA positive spin 🙂

17 hours ago, Petriix said:

His legs had already gone by the time we bought him. He wasn't getting a game for Everton and didn't have what we needed either physically or mentally. I'm fairly certain that at the time our recruitment was rather impulse driven rather than the current stats and attributes based approach: 'Aye, he's a good lad' was Alex Neil's answer to performance analysis.

While I will maintain that selling Buendia was the best business we've ever done, buying Naismith was undoubtedly the worst. We signed him on a 3.5 year deal reportedly with no relegation wage reduction clause in January 2016 so we were still paying him one of our biggest ever salaries for two years after we were relegated until we paid him off for the final year, presumably stumping up the majority of his wages due.

Over £15m in total blown. It nearly bankrupt us and stands as a stark lesson for all those who claim we 'lack ambition' by refusing to make the same mistake again.

Here here. Spot on.

• Like 1

The way he dragged out his well known move to Hearts so that he’d get officially become a free agent first to get one final, large payout from NCFC was sickening too.

I know he’s got to look out for himself and careers are short blah blah blah, that piece of recruitment was an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 1

If there is one player who's name gets my blood boiling it's his.

At least by retiring he would be moving to a lower league team thus saving them from near financial ruin.

F O Naismith.

On 16/06/2021 at 19:27, Justin time said:

Thought he retired when he joined us.

Thank god for that. Gave zero sh*ts when he was here. One of most disliked players to ever set foot at our club.

8 hours ago, WD40 said:

I know he’s got to look out for himself and careers are short blah blah blah,. 

I hate that argument from players at the top level, because it holds ZERO water.

These guys can earn more in a year of playing at 50k+ a week, than the average man earns in 40, and they try to justify it with the whole 'short career' garbage.

Makes by blood boil even more with players like Naismith who did nothing to even vaguely justify the sort of money he was on.

• Like 1