1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I noticed that Kensell won't be replaced, at least straight away, with the directors and the executive committee considering their next move. So for the moment at least it is just Webber and Ward as that executive team.

I wonder if they might now both receive some shares in a structured (longer-term) package?

Parma 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

This also makes me less inclined to believe the 'oh he chose to leave back in May' story. If he did there would have already have been plenty of time to consider the plan going forward even if you didn't have a direct replacement lined up straight away.

I have no information about whether he chose to leave back in May, but I do have some information that makes me inclined to believe it's feasible. I will double check the exact date, but Ben nearly left the club a while back. I know this because his eldest kid was at a local authority school and decided to move them to a private school. It was all set to go through (and eventually did) but the Kensell's spoke to the local authority school to enquire as to whether it would be ok not to move them as Ben might be leaving his role shortly (no idea whether he was considering leaving or the club considering letting him go). In the end, he told the school he'd be staying put so the move to a private school (same one the Webber's use) went ahead.

So moving forward we have Mr & Mrs Webber in the board room with Mr & Mrs Smith giving them the nod at proposals. No immediate repalcement for BK and Webber currently having told us he will leave next summer.

Just great.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

So moving forward we have Mr & Mrs Webber in the board room with Mr & Mrs Smith giving them the nod at proposals. No immediate repalcement for BK and Webber currently having told us he will leave next summer.

Just great.

No matter how much Stuart Webber promises he will leave the Club in a better place than he found it, and been true to his word (and transparent about his failings), some people will never listen.

'Mr and Mrs Webber' aren't joined at the hip. I'm sure Zoe would stay even if Stuart left.

The club ethos which Delia and Michael very much have bought into on the way forward for our club is built on succession planning.

BK's role was a big one. It takes time to decide on the right candidate. Come on, smile.

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Kensall isnt the bad guy in all this, he wanted to elevate us to the next step , both on the pitch in playing staff and off the pitch in stadium expansion...he's been held back by the 'self funding' model and the owners not being open to investment

Yes, how silly of the owners to be wary of increasing capacity to 35,000 as part of an entertainment venue in the middle of a pandemic.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Kensall isnt the bad guy in all this, he wanted to elevate us to the next step , both on the pitch in playing staff and off the pitch in stadium expansion...he's been held back by the 'self funding' model and the owners not being open to investment

So BK left as described . A resignation in May because he felt he had gone as far as he could , in particular the building of a new stand to replace the City stand ? And fancied a new (unidentified) challenge ?  

Just to be clear , a senior officer of the Club resigns in or around the date that Premier League promotion is secured having battled through the pandemic , relegation and then promotion. 

In all honesty how likely is that ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

When asked why he left...Kensall replied

Kensell said we have money to invest. We had money in the bank before selling EB. He wants to develop the stadium & put the Buendia money into transfers but Delia/Webber don't want to. He's frustrated because he's been working hard for years & Delia is holding the club back. He also said if Delia wanted to sell he could have serious investors in place. In his words, she's happy how things are & isn't interested in taking the next step

Also his words,  "we'll never be Man Utd, but we could be an Aston Villa

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

So BK left as described . A resignation in May because he felt he had gone as far as he could , in particular the building of a new stand to replace the City stand ? And fancied a new (unidentified) challenge ?  

Just to be clear , a senior officer of the Club resigns in or around the date that Premier League promotion is secured having battled through the pandemic , relegation and then promotion. 

In all honesty how likely is that ? 

Very well put GBP - makes a lot of sense. 

it really doesn't add up does it?  

42 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I wonder if they might now both receive some shares in a structured (longer-term) package?

Parma 

I noticed this throwaway line about non-replacement at the time Kensell's departure was announced, but didn't think enough of it to mention. More recently I started to think enough more of it to be worth a post. Sometimes one departure can precipitate a look at the overall management structure, and/or spark ambition. If boardroom positions were part of a share deal that would be very interesting. There are only five directors at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Kensell said we have money to invest. We had money in the bank before selling EB. He wants to develop the stadium & put the Buendia money into transfers but Delia/Webber don't want to. He's frustrated because he's been working hard for years & Delia is holding the club back. He also said if Delia wanted to sell he could have serious investors in place. In his words, she's happy how things are & isn't interested in taking the next step

Where's that from?

24 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes, I'd be interested in the link to these quotes as well.

Only on the PinkUn could the usual suspects be extraordinarily quiet during the BK8 scandal, only to, once Ben is confirmed to be leaving, make out like he's the hero we all wish we had fighting the good fight against the evil Webber, Delia & Co (you know, the one's who've actually delivered for the club positively).

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Only on the PinkUn could the usual suspects be extraordinarily quiet during the BK8 scandal, only to, once Ben is confirmed to be leaving, make out like he's the hero we all wish we had fighting the good fight against the evil Webber, Delia & Co (you know, the one's who've actually delivered for the club positively).

You know the drill Hoggo. Whatever decision is made, its the wrong one.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think there is a bit of that and probably a bit of the fact his department has made a big c**k up (not their first in PR terms) that has made the club look a bit silly and costs us quite a bit of money. I suspect therefore if he was already getting a bit frustrated and wanted "more control" as has been alluded to then a mutually agreed departure was thrashed out.

The "control" element is interesting because the article it was in referred to all funds being diverted to the first team and "the training ground" rather than on possible ground improvements so that suggests that even before his departure the "control" rested with the Webbers. This summer thats not a bad thing as the team clearly needs to be the focus. Longer term it will be a concern if another executive is not brought in who is not a Webber as there needs to be checks and balances.

41 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Where is this from?

...Silly how our majority shareholding duo weren't the slightest bit curious or wary of the credibility of a recent multi-million pound sponsorship deal? (I'd understand the lack of concern or interest from our Two at the Top if it was just maybe some local business types sponsoring members of the squad or our corner flags to the tune of a few grand). But when the BK sponsorship was announced it was swiftly brought to the attention of the club by concerned fans who probably just googled them that the sponsorship eventually turned out to be rather dubious and somewhat, "iffy"......Anyway, weren't any other members of the Board also not curious? Maybe they were all just target fixated on the finance and not the source?......

.....Ignorance is bliss......

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

'Mr and Mrs Webber' aren't joined at the hip. I'm sure Zoe would stay even if Stuart left.

Stuart Webber has expressed his desire to move abroad when he leaves us and you think he will leave his wife behind in the UK, really ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Stuart Webber has expressed his desire to move abroad when he leaves us and you think he will leave his wife behind in the UK, really ?

DF did. There is also the thoroughly modern view that Women dont necessarily follow their husbands around, cos theyre like, y'know, people, in their own right.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

To be fair - he followed her to Norwich, as she was here first under McNally. 

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If thats aimed at me....I was anything but quiet during the BK8 'scandal'...instead was critical at the wet flannels who were 'offended' over this storm in a tea cup which has resulted in a £5m hole in the club's finances.

The Canaries Trust 'thankyou' video in the aftermath was one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

DF did. There is also the thoroughly modern view that Women dont necessarily follow their husbands around, cos theyre like, y'know, people, in their own right.

Yeah i mean what sort of woman would want to follow her husband to a big European club in somewhere like Spain or italy or even Germany for a few years when you could stay behind in Norfolk and bring up the family on your own ?

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If thats aimed at me....I was anything but quiet during the BK8 'scandal'...instead was critical at the wet flannels who were 'offended' over this storm in a tea cup which has resulted in a £5m hole in the club's finances.

The Canaries Trust 'thankyou' video in the aftermath was one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen

No, it wasn't aimed at you.

Although your 'quotes' from Kensell should really be attributed to a source.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah i mean what sort of woman would want to follow her husband to a big European club in somewhere like Spain or italy or even Germany for a few years when you could stay behind in Norfolk and bring up the family on your own ?

Like I said, in case you ignored it, she's a person , with her own mind....and her own career. Wouldnt surprise me at all if they lived/ worked apart for a bit.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Like I said, in case you ignored it, she's a person , with her own mind....and her own career. Wouldnt surprise me at all if they lived/ worked apart for a bit.

From this quote in 2018, id take it they enjoy working and living  / being together. 

'I met Stuart (Webber) at Liverpool (then director of academy recruitment),' said Ward. 'But it got to the point where life couldn't go on as it was. We'd go three months without having a day off together.'

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/zoe-ward-exclusive-her-canaries-stars-aligning-1304628

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

No i didn't ignore it and so sorry to have a different take on it. That's the problem with you and the usual suspects ( i borrowed that from somewhere on this thread ) you would defend the club if they sold Krul for a quid and appointed Assad as the next CEO.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

From this quote in 2018, id take it they enjoy working and living  / being together. 

'I met Stuart (Webber) at Liverpool (then director of academy recruitment),' said Ward. 'But it got to the point where life couldn't go on as it was. We'd go three months without having a day off together.'

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/zoe-ward-exclusive-her-canaries-stars-aligning-1304628

Never said they didnt enjoy living /working together. I merely suggested that they may not be, for a while.