5 hours ago, Mario Harper****e said:

Notice periods rarely relate to length of service. More often linked to seniority and for someone of his seniority a month’s notice is VERY short. 

I’m drawing my own conclusions as to what that means. 

See post above.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

See post above.

But what if the employee wants to leave!

And why is Emi still not a NCFC player; because contracts are changed, agreements are made and in football terms, they just make you more valuable to the club you are leaving!!

On 16/06/2021 at 22:04, SwindonCanary said:

Replacements will not be hard to replace 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indy, I don't know for sure, but I do not believe that if the board had been made aware of the various salacious - and worse - aspects of BK8's operation that they would have OKed it.

I think either the due diligence wasn't done properly, so those recommending BK8 had no idea of any of the soft and hard s e x stuff. Or, which I can believe, the due diligence uncovered (as it were!) the skimpily dressed models etc, but only that, and regarded that as par for the course.

You’re really overblowing the hardcore **** links Purple. My understanding from the reporting is it was one girl who was apparently a BK8 sponsored influencer who also apparently moonlighted in **** on another platform.

Its like saying Baywatch was heavily associated with **** because Pamela Anderson made a sex tape.

The soft core stuff was super overt, much like Dafabet, doubt it was missed it must have been known. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

You’re really overblowing the hardcore **** links Purple. My understanding from the reporting is it was one girl who was apparently a BK8 sponsored influencer who also apparently moonlighted in **** on another platform.

Its like saying Baywatch was heavily associated with **** because Pamela Anderson made a sex tape.

The soft core stuff was super overt, much like Dafabet, doubt it was missed it must have been known. 

I don’t believe so, in part because I do know a bit more about what went  on than I can say,. But as I understand it this BK8 ‘ambassador’ or influencer was such precisely because of their known links to the s*x industry and had a big internet following. 

The sequence of events is perfectly evident. Someone at the club remembered that BK was supposed to be doing the forum for the Trust this evening. Having already quit, the club suddenly became worried that he’d reveal the truth about the sponsorship deal(s) and that of course they were aware of the, erm, ‘practices’ of both BK8 and the Dafadolls. Having coasted through with the ‘Dolls’ for two years, they chased the pound (or pounded something🤷‍♂️) when it came to BK8. It was a calculated gamble - eh? - to grab as much cash as possible. This would be at odds to the narrative delivered by the club around values etc and so they made the announcement to make sure BK couldn’t reveal the actual truth. And that Delia used to own Razzle. Or something. Allegedly. 

Ben quit of his own accord, Delia wasn’t drunk when she picked up the mic and 21 points in our last campaign in the Premier League was a dam good effort. There’s nothing to see here. 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don’t believe so, in part because I do know a bit more about what went  on than I can say,. But as I understand it this BK8 ‘ambassador’ or influencer was such precisely because of their known links to the s*x industry and had a big internet following. 

It was onlyfans, it’s not exactly the sex industry, although it’s content is full of soft to hard p0rn. It’s basically like Instagram/tiktok but where you have to pay to see the persons content. It’s not like she was a well known p0rn actress, but I’d assume her content was p0rnographic in nature from the reports.

He would have survived the membership debacle, he would have survived the sponsorship debacle but the scampi portion proposals for the Gunn club were more than the cook could take 

37 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

He would have survived the membership debacle, he would have survived the sponsorship debacle but the scampi portion proposals for the Gunn club were more than the cook could take 

On fish supper too many. 

Sounds like he had quite ambitious plans for Carrow Road but had realised he couldn’t achieve them with the constraints he had to work under. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Sounds like he had quite ambitious plans for Carrow Road but had realised he couldn’t achieve them with the constraints he had to work under. 

Yes Jim. Football club during the day, high-end strip and swingers club at night. And if it wasn't for those pesky "family values" he would have gotten away with it too.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The sequence of events is perfectly evident. Someone at the club remembered that BK was supposed to be doing the forum for the Trust this evening. Having already quit, the club suddenly became worried that he’d reveal the truth about the sponsorship deal(s) and that of course they were aware of the, erm, ‘practices’ of both BK8 and the Dafadolls. Having coasted through with the ‘Dolls’ for two years, they chased the pound (or pounded something🤷‍♂️) when it came to BK8. It was a calculated gamble - eh? - to grab as much cash as possible. This would be at odds to the narrative delivered by the club around values etc and so they made the announcement to make sure BK couldn’t reveal the actual truth. And that Delia used to own Razzle. Or something. Allegedly. 

Any truth in the rumour that The Canaries Trust are renaming themselves Woke Canaries?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes Jim. Football club during the day, high-end strip and swingers club at night. And if it wasn't for those pesky "family values" he would have gotten away with it too.

Let's not mention the plans he had for Shaggy.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The old lack of ambition strikes again

These past few weeks have been a wake up call for the Delia apologists 

Time we renamed our Stadium "Carrow 'The Convent' Road"......Wine and wafers at half time and confession booths in the concourses.....

Any supporters with dirty habits don't even think about entering.....

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Thanks Nuff. Will check mine...

Reality is though, if the notice period has been served, then all sorts of stuff happens. If it's the employee they can take whatever annual leave they are due, if it's the employer they can decide to let you go, pay the notice period but let you leave early.

The odd thing is, if it was purely down to the sponsorship deal, why has it taken over a week to tell him he doesn't need to fore fill his notice period? Whether that is three or six months? Surely in terms of PR it would have been easier for a clean break for the club to come out and state that publicly? We were not happy with the deal, felt misled as to the principles of the company behind the sponsorship and decided that although he was already planning to leave, we decided to let Ben go before completing all of his obligations in terms of a notice period.

Why then try and be nice about it after, when as others have said, the club have been more ruthless with others in the past?

I think it's a culmination of things. The 'mutual' agreement would be as others have said, due to his loss of face to the supporters at large for a number of high profile misreading's of situations. The away memberships, for example, which were not handled particularly well. There are also other snippets of info that are drifting through from various sources that suggest he wanted to move on and find a step up to have more control - so there is that to consider as well. 

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Time we renamed our Stadium "Carrow 'The Convent' Road"......Wine and wafers at half time and confession booths in the concourses.....

Any supporters with dirty habits don't even think about entering.....

Explains why Lafferty never cut it...

It’ll be interesting to see who the new sponsors are, I’m hoping like others it’s Lotus, that’s would be good.

As Purple said if the due diligence wasn’t done by Kensell and his team then with the reaction by a section of our fan base, he’s rightly been given the opportunity to agree to leave for a new challenge. Good for all parties.

But there’s an interesting arguments to be had, should a reaction by some fans have such an impact? would you take a large hit on finances making it more of a financial challenge to our playing budgets to have a more ethical sponsor? Are there really any ethical betting companies? 

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’ll be interesting to see who the new sponsors are, I’m hoping like others it’s Lotus, that’s would be good.

As Purple said if the due diligence wasn’t done by Kensell and his team then with the reaction by a section of our fan base, he’s rightly been given the opportunity to agree to leave for a new challenge. Good for all parties.

But there’s an interesting arguments to be had, should a reaction by some fans have such an impact? would you take a large hit on finances making it more of a financial challenge to our playing budgets to have a more ethical sponsor? Are there really any ethical betting companies? 

Lotus?  The producer of expensive supercars for the capitalist elite?  I’m not sure that will go down well with some sections of our support.

Edited by Naturalcynic

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Jim, are you actually being serious? It's so difficult to tell on here these days.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Jim, are you actually being serious? It's so difficult to tell on here these days.

Here’s how you tell if Jim is being serious. Does his post (attempt to) cast the club in a bad light? If yes, then he’s being serious.

• Haha 3

I noticed that Kensell won't be replaced, at least straight away, with the directors and the executive committee considering their next move. So for the moment at least it is just Webber and Ward as that executive team.

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I noticed that Kensell won't be replaced, at least straight away, with the directors and the executive committee considering their next move. So for the moment at least it is just Webber and Ward as that executive team.

Looking like a Hubby and wife power  grab is on the cards, does Zoe have a large shoe collection? 👍😇😉

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve worked for the same employer-a local authority-for 32 years. I would be due quite a large redundancy payment-in fact they probably can’t afford to make me redundant 😄-but last month I checked the notice I have to give and it’s only 1 month.

Surely the above gov't advice applies to the notice period an employer has to give you if making you redundant, not the notice period you would have to give to leave (which I always thought was contractual)?

48 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve worked for the same employer-a local authority-for 32 years. I would be due quite a large redundancy payment-in fact they probably can’t afford to make me redundant 😄-but last month I checked the notice I have to give and it’s only 1 month.

Yeah, to be clear, the text I quoted only refers to redundancy. If you walk, the notice period in your contract applies, whatever your length of service.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

This also makes me less inclined to believe the 'oh he chose to leave back in May' story. If he did there would have already have been plenty of time to consider the plan going forward even if you didn't have a direct replacement lined up straight away.

Kensall isnt the bad guy in all this, he wanted to elevate us to the next step , both on the pitch in playing staff and off the pitch in stadium expansion...he's been held back by the 'self funding' model and the owners not being open to investment

• Like 1