Leaving at the end of the month.

Nice guy and wish him well for the future, but perhaps got things a little wrong with the Sponsorship deal. Can understand he probably had good intentions, it was the second most lucrative deal in the clubs history, but a little lacking on the due diligence of a family club.

All the best Ben, not had a bad spell to enjoy with the Canaries

• Like 1

Most certainly to do with the fall-out on the sponsorship. Wish him the best of luck for the future though.

He was at Norwich 7 years, which I didnt realise.

Feels somewhat inevitable after the hubbub around BK8, I wonder whether he jumped before being pushed... 

I'm sure he'd have been paid off handsomely but I do think it's a shame for someone to be fired for a "mistake". I know for a fact in my job, I have made mistakes and no doubt will make others but as long as the intention is always innocent and you learn from those, I'd not expect to get sacked. A disciplinary perhaps at worst. We clearly don't know the circumstances though, so wouldn't want to assume it was as clear cut as that 

Edited by JB

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Feels somewhat inevitable after the hubbub around BK8, I wonder whether he jumped before being pushed... 

Probably given the option to resign.

The lack of awareness or due diligence over the BK8 fiasco clearly won't be a high point of his time here but the club has moved on so much in the last 7 years and he has to have been a massive part of that with Mr & Mrs Webber.

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

I suspect it is a mutual thing with a decent payoff 

Yes the classic 'pursuing new challenges'.

An OTT response on here and elsewhere has probably cost him his job as no doubt he would still be here had it gone through smoothly.

I suspect it was the best job he'll ever have.

Edited by Capt. Pants

According to the Athletic it was already decided in May that he was leaving. Looks more like all the upheavals have calmed down somewhat and that's not essentially Kensell's milieu. He's certainly put a lot of work in, and fair play to him.

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I don’t like a culture in which there is no forgiveness- sad 

Agreed. I hope he was given the option to stay on, if he wished, rather than forced to go

• Like 1

Regardless of what anyone says, the loud minority will turn it into a master stroke.

I think it makes us weaker, as did losing our best player, scout and financial sponsorship.

Looking forward to some good news

Just taken the liberty of highlighting the key part of the Athletic article in question. If it's not allowed, please delete. But let's just kill this notion that it was due to the BK8 fiasco right now.

He had already decided to leave.

image.thumb.png.fae5713921dcb994a11e63ee0963719d.png

There has to be a consequence for a mistake of that magnitude. 

• Like 1

Afraid he had to go, two fundamental mis reads, membership and sponsorship, both with the same error lack of due diligence or research, bull in China shop comes to mind. Statement says nothing to do with u-turn, we weren’t born yesterday, of course it was!! 

Was I imagining  that briefly  , there was a thread claiming he'd  been  sacked ? Just a few minutes ago, . It has now been removed.  Was it deleted ?or retracted by a misinformed  poster? Intriguing!!

I doubt Ben is leaving solely because of an inappropriate sponsorship deal. Looking at his facial expression in that BK8 launch pic (the one with Darren Eadie on the left, Ben on the right), he did appear to be less-than-relaxed. Seemed a very decent guy to me - saw him at a key fan's funeral once, so huge respect for turning up for that...

When Delia heard that the BK8 scandal had reached R4's Woman's Hour then that was that.

Not sure why he would want to leave though. The statement on the Pinkun doesn't say the decision to leave was before the BK8 fiasco. The wording and statement is one of sadness and resignation rather than an upbeat looking for a new challenge.

We'll draw on own conclusions from that.

The reasons for his departure are irrelevant. He leaves having got more right than wrong and having contributed to the club being in one of its most stable positions both on and off the field.

Good luck to him in the future.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not sure why he would want to leave though. The statement on the Pinkun doesn't say the decision to leave was before the BK8 fiasco. The wording and statement is one of sadness and resignation rather than an upbeat looking for a new challenge.

We'll draw on own conclusions from that.

You're reading what you want to read, not necessarily what's intended.

17 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He decided to leave in May so nothing to do with BK8 but most wont believe that

Exactly. Almost as if people want to believe bovine excrement as it suits them.

he was leaving in May originally anyway. I'm guessing he's only been here longer trying to fix his own mistake with BK8.

Fair play. Good luck to him.

23 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I don’t like a culture in which there is no forgiveness- sad 

How do you know there was remorse, as that's usually a precursor to forgiveness.