Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Finland V Russia

And so the only team in the UEFA Euros with a 100 percent win record go up against the Russians,, and it's all live at 2PM on BBC one. What's your match predictions?

E4ABu2FVoAUE6bk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Only team with a 100% win record? How so? Portugal, France, England to name others have also won their only game

I say 1-1 would do Finland nicely

Don't be ruining my joke with facts

• Like 1

Well Russia didn't look great in their last match, so I reckon Finland will believe they can get something.  Neighbouring countries too and so quite a history between these two nations.  Invaded twice by Russia last century, Finland, a western country but at the same time keeping in as much as possible with Russia, with pragmatic policies to keep the two countries at least speaking to each other. Fantastic scenery and landscapes too, an unspoiled land of lakes and forests.

Pukki to score a hattrick, tea bag the ref celebrating his 3rd goal and get sent off all in the first 10 minutes

Could be quite a poor-quality game, this one - or that oddity where two fairly mediocre sides come up with a very entertaining game that's not really top-level. Russia had spells against Belgium where they looked decent, but for the most part were pretty damn gash. Both goalies weren't exactly convincing in their first matches either. Hradecky should be nicknamed Jesus Christ as he looked that bloody bad on crosses.

The other thing is - what effect has the Eriksen situation had on the Finns? There would be a certain joyful enthusiasm about their first tilt at this tournament, but did this knock them back or drive them on? We'll find our answer in this match as this is pretty much their derby.

If it gets tough, I think the Finns might just be a bit more resolute. I think they just might nick it 1-0.

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't be ruining my joke with facts

I make you right as they've won every Euro Finals game in their history

• Like 2

Unbelievable. How could anyone tell whether that was onside or not? Whatever angle you chose to view it from or frame you decide to choose makes a difference. Wouldn't be surprised if a KJB agent has a gun pointed at the var officials head somewhere 

Teemu says he has spoken to Christian Eriksen in the last couple of days. Great to see the football community coming together ❤️

Good practice for Pukki here on the amount of ball he can expect to see next season

• Like 1

VAR up to it's usual ridiculous nonsense.  When are the officials of VAR going to recognise that these marginal decisions cannot be accurately measured?  It is not 100% accurate as we all know so why are we still getting this anti-football stuff? 

Anyone else wondering "maybe we should get Pohjanpalo on loan?" After all, he plays with Teemu for Finland...

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Anyone else wondering "maybe we should get Pohjanpalo on loan?" After all, he plays with Teemu for Finland...

We could probably afford to buy him!

24 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

At least this time he was offside with the body bit he scored with.

Only since VAR have beautiful goals been chalked off for no good reason.  In the 80's, to make football more entertaining, the guidline ws brought in that if an offside was too close to call, the advantage should be with the attacker.  VAR has removed that completely from the game.

Edited by lake district canary

To compound the injustice Russia take the lead. Surely the Finland keeper needed to be reaching for that shot with his left hand? Ropey defending and Pukki not looking too sharp; he's feeding off scraps though.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

To compound the injustice Russia take the lead. Surely the Finland keeper needed to be reaching for that shot with his left hand? Ropey defending and Pukki not looking too sharp; he's feeding off scraps though.

'Pukki not looking too sharp'

Only just coming back from a serious injury and being told to stand around and wait to be passed it on the break will do that to you

Outside of Kamara this Finnish midfield is embarrassing. At this rate the only way Finland scores is on a counter because there isnt going to be an ounce of buildup. 

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Eh? He did reach for it with his left hand. 

This is a clash between two ice hockey giants, it should be enjoyed as such. As I imagine it, the key event in most Finland players' career was the moment their coach told them at the end of a training around the age of twelve that they'd probably won't cut it as hockey players and suggested them to try football.

I'm rooting for the Finns to get the point that would qualify them for the knockout stages. They could be the Iceland of this tournament.    

Edited by Budapest Canary

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

This commentator is awful, the female Sam Matterface 

BBC have scraped the barrel for this one

And I do mean male and female before anyone starts

Edited by Rich T The Biscuit
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Eh? He did reach for it with his left hand. 

I meant his right hand. Basically, whatever hand he didn't go for it with, he should have!

BBC text feed suggested Pukki just missed a sitter .. or something along those lines. 

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

BBC text feed suggested Pukki just missed a sitter .. or something along those lines. 

Definitely not a sitter. Good through ball for him to run onto but a Russian defender blocked his shot. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Definitely not a sitter. Good through ball for him to run onto but a Russian defender blocked his shot. 

Nicely weighted ball by Robin Lod - any good?