Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Grzegorz Rasiak signs for Soton on loan

do we have to start a whingeing post on this board every time one of our rivals signs a player? its getting dull. we can''t sign everyone.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

do we have to start a whingeing post on this

board every time one of our rivals signs a player? its getting dull. we

can''t sign everyone.

[/quote]

Well said. I have seen people on here say they like Rasiak and no doubt

those people will soon pipe up about how we have missed out, but at the

end of the day £2m on a striker who has proven inadequate in the prem

or 2.75m for a proven prem goal scorer? I know which I''d choose.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Kolin Kob"]

do we have to start a whingeing post on this board every time one of our rivals signs a player? its getting dull. we can''t sign everyone.

[/quote]

Well said. I have seen people on here say they like Rasiak and no doubt those people will soon pipe up about how we have missed out, but at the end of the day £2m on a striker who has proven inadequate in the prem or 2.75m for a proven prem goal scorer? I know which I''d choose.
[/quote]

he would probably do better considering the type of football we seem to be playing at the moment [;)].

Just passing the news on however.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Kolin Kob"]

[/quote]

Well said. I have seen people on here say they like Rasiak and no doubt those people will soon pipe up about how we have missed out, but at the end of the day £2m on a striker who has proven inadequate in the prem or 2.75m for a proven prem goal scorer? I know which I''d choose.
[/quote] Maybe!? I''m not whingeing but I would have liked to see us sign Rasiak. You can''t really say he''s proven inadequate in the prem - he hasn''t played enough to give him that tag because Tottenham have three other strikers - Mido, Keane and Defoe and they''re rather useful wouldn''t you say??!! I don''t think Earnie would get in the Spurs team either do you?? I think Earnshaw and Rasiak would have made a brilliant front two combination for us. He would have been an awesome loan signing!!

I hope we sign Johansson permantley, he looks a class act, not just on the ball but also his intelligent runs off it. I''m not sure Worthy could have done much better in the transfer window, lt''s hope Earnie proves his price tag.

[quote user="westoncanary."]I hope we sign Johansson permantley, he looks a class act, not just on the ball but also his intelligent runs off it. I''m not sure Worthy could have done much better in the transfer window, lt''s hope Earnie proves his price tag.[/quote] I agree if they will give us a fair price. I was pleased we signed JJ on loan and couldn''t understand why people were being so negative about him before he even arrived. Ok he wasn''t playing at Charlton but Hucks wasn''t playing at Man City when we signed him and that turned out pretty well didn''t it!!

Worthington gets 1/2 marks for the transfer window.

Don''t get me wrong, Earnshaw is someone I''ve been desperate for us to sign for about 5 years now.  Johannson looks good and Rehman is a shrewd acquisition.  However, the latter 2 are only on loan and we have 0 hopes of the play offs.  I''m assuming th club don''t yet fear relegation as they should or theyd have sacked NW so I fail to see the point.

Earnshaw won''t single handedly win us games unless we can get him chances.  There lies the problem.  We have a porous defence and no midfield.  If Safri breaks his leg in training tommorrow we WILL go down.  We are utterly reliant on one player to even rise to mediocrity and without him we are a shambles AND WE STILL HAVE NO RIGHT MIDFIELD !!!!!!!!!!!

Surely we could have got Halford ?

Better yet we couldve got Lisbie back to play right midfield.  Im sure they''d have let him go.

Rasiak or JJ and Earnie?  Rasiak might suit our current style better but IMO the two we have signed are much better players overall and you cant knock worthy for the three signings he has just made.  Chaplow is a top player but we have plenty of central midfielders at the mo so signing him (even if he is clearly better than Hughes, Etuhu etc) now on loan wasnt really a priority.

Still wonder why there is still such a blind spot over the wide right position though...

Worthington could have done MUCH BETTER in the transfer window! How about a couple of decent midfield players, rather than donkeys like Etuhu and Hughes?

I also think that Worthington did okay in the transfer window and, despite Sunday''s performance, I think that we potentially have the basis of a good team if they get to know each others type of play.

"I also think that Worthington did okay in the transfer window and, despite Sunday''s performance, I think that we potentially have the basis of a good team if they get to know each others type of play"

he did ok - although i dont see the point of the loans.  Would like to have seen a right midfielder.  Can JJ2 play there??

Link - I agree he could have donemuch better but the post is comparing Raziak and chaplow to the ones we did get and I think they actually compare favourably - JJ or Earnie ahead of Rasiak for me.

Given Leons return to fitness the need for two more strikers (with WLY playing well and Leon pushing Thorne and hux as an option) was questionable as was signed Rehman when the problems are not centre back but in the wide midfield areas... 

Mr Rankin - are you seriously suggesting that Worthy should play some one else out of position in the right midfield slot?   Thats tantamount to giving yourself ammo to shout at him[;)]   Our best strikers lately appear to be WLY and JJ - so we should play them where they look best - up front; if that puts others noses out of joint then tough!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Link - I agree he could have donemuch better but the post is comparing Raziak and chaplow to the ones we did get and I think they actually compare favourably - JJ or Earnie ahead of Rasiak for me.

Given Leons return to fitness the need for two more strikers (with WLY playing well and Leon pushing Thorne and hux as an option) was questionable as was signed Rehman when the problems are not centre back but in the wide midfield areas... 

Mr Rankin - are you seriously suggesting that Worthy should play some one else out of position in the right midfield slot?   Thats tantamount to giving yourself ammo to shout at him[;)]   Our best strikers lately appear to be WLY and JJ - so we should play them where they look best - up front; if that puts others noses out of joint then tough!

[/quote]

lol hey im only going by what charlton fans have said - and no I wouldnt have a go at worthy played JJ there - I dont feel McVeigh has ever shined in that position.  I would have a go at worthy for not signing one. lol. like with hendo - worthy can play him their if he wants but do not judge Hendo on his performances in that postion (why has he not been sent on loan.......)

Todays EN article by waghorn hints that JJ2 will end up on a flank, possible at the expense of hux, with thorne coming back to hold the bal up which we didnt do well on sunday - hard to hold the ball up when it doesnt get to your striker at a height they can physically touch the ball, let alone hold it up hey nige!

I agree PR we should have bought a wid mdfielder - both flanks imo and his fitting square pegs in round holes policy of our manager will continue.

I agree about Hendo - he may be a lively striker but what he is not is a good right midfielder... that is worthys fault, not hendos.