Bradwell canary

Transfer funds? How much will they spend?

On past performance will the club even spend the Emi transfer income on new players?

I know their excuse will be the two loan player will cost £16m. 

if there is more income from sales surely that should all be spent on supporting DF.

all we ask for is showing more commitment to staying up this year, than shown on our last fleeting visit to the PLL.

let’s get rid of the little old Norwich tag once and for all.

These posts get so boring. The club will spend what it receives, be that in transfer fees, wages and bonuses etc.

If you don't believe that, get yourself a full copy of the club accounts.

The problem among many of our fan base is that they don't realise quite how much of our income goes on player wages. There's a reason, for example, that about £15m of the Buendia cash will be available for transfer fees. It's because most of the rest will go on the wages of the say, 3 players we sign. Plus some cash being set aside for youth recruitment, future covid losses (that look more and more likely to spill into next season now), and possible further stadium/training ground improvements.

As I say, get yourself a copy of the accounts. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

These posts get so boring. The club will spend what it receives, be that in transfer fees, wages and bonuses etc.

The problem among many of our fan base is that they don't realise quite how much of our income goes on player wages. There's a reason, for example, that about £15m of the Buendia cash will be available for transfer fees. It's because most of the rest will go on the wages of the say, 3 players we sign. Plus some cash being set aside for youth recruitment, future covid losses (that look more and more likely to spill into next season now), and possible further stadium/training ground improvements.

Precisely. Wages, signing-on fees, agent fees, bonuses when it comes to players. Let's do some quick maths. Apparently Buendia's got a contract of £80K a week for five years, which is £4.16million x 5 = £20.8 million, and that's before signing-on, bonuses and agent stuff. Both the signing-on and agent fee will be at least a million, I suspect., then bonuses... I doubt you'll be under £25m for all that. They've already paid £33m straight up, not to mention the potential extra £5m in add-ons and then there's the sell-on clause, which is why it was a good move to sell him to Villa as if he's as good as we think he could be, a top team comes, buys him for a ****-ton and hello, sell-on clause.

If we had a £15m transfer kitty before selling Emi, I reckon we'll be on about £35m now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If we had a £15m transfer kitty before selling Emi, I reckon we'll be on about £35m now.

If we had £15 million as has been said before the Buendia sale, we needed £16 million to get Gibson and Gianoulis, so that will be a factor in how much we have after his sale.  Gunn, if that is confirmed, will be another £2.5m. 

So if we have £20m from the Buendia sale with £13m of his fee set aside for other expenses, we would probably need another sale to realistically be spending a lot of money on players.  I can't see us spending more than £10m on any one player anyhow, so it is going to be at the most two players for that £20m, or if we sell, say, Aarons, then perhaps two more. Four altogether.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

If we had £15 million as has been said before the Buendia sale, we needed £16 million to get Gibson and Gianoulis, so that will be a factor in how much we have after his sale.  Gunn, if that is confirmed, will be another £2.5m. 

So if we have £20m from the Buendia sale with £13m of his fee set aside for other expenses, we would probably need another sale to realistically be spending a lot of money on players.  I can't see us spending more than £10m on any one player anyhow, so it is going to be at the most two players for that £20m, or if we sell, say, Aarons, then perhaps two more. Four altogether.

Wasn't the Gibson and Giannoulis stuff already financed outside that £15million kitty?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Precisely. Wages, signing-on fees, agent fees, bonuses when it comes to players. Let's do some quick maths. Apparently Buendia's got a contract of £80K a week for five years, which is £4.16million x 5 = £20.8 million, and that's before signing-on, bonuses and agent stuff. Both the signing-on and agent fee will be at least a million, I suspect., then bonuses... I doubt you'll be under £25m for all that. They've already paid £33m straight up, not to mention the potential extra £5m in add-ons and then there's the sell-on clause, which is why it was a good move to sell him to Villa as if he's as good as we think he could be, a top team comes, buys him for a ****-ton and hello, sell-on clause.

I don't know whether some accountants on here can confirm this isn't the case but, presumably, in addition to the above the employer also has to pay 10% Employers' NI and 3% minimum contribution into a player's pension.

These are very real additional costs of employment - 13% on every contracted (or to be contracted) player at the club. You can certainly see why, if you're being fair-minded, not every penny of the headline budget goes on the actual signing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Buendia @ £35k a week is no longer on the wage bill. I think Tettey and Mario have freed up some funds too for paying new players. Maybe we should just concentrate on free transfers with a wage cap of £20k a week, it could work you know. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I don't know whether some accountants on here can confirm this isn't the case but, presumably, in addition to the above the employer also has to pay 10% Employers' NI and 3% minimum contribution into a player's pension.

These are very real additional costs of employment - 13% on every contracted (or to be contracted) player at the club. You can certainly see why, if you're being fair-minded, not every penny of the headline budget goes on the actual signing.

Good shout, and the last sentence really is the crux of the discussion.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wasn't the Gibson and Giannoulis stuff already financed outside that £15million kitty?

Yes, before Buendia's sale it was being reported that we had ~£15m after Dimi and Gibson have signed

We're going to spend nothing and by Christmas 2022 Ipswich will be above us in the Championship 😭

13 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

On past performance will the club even spend the Emi transfer income on new players?

I know their excuse will be the two loan player will cost £16m. 

if there is more income from sales surely that should all be spent on supporting DF.

all we ask for is showing more commitment to staying up this year, than shown on our last fleeting visit to the PLL.

let’s get rid of the little old Norwich tag once and for all.

That tag only exists from people like you continuously using it (without making much sense about it too, might I add)

It will be interesting how much we sell Max for and how much of it will be spent on new players

it’s not looking great for our survival chances that is for sure 

Norwich City will spend £Xm. There is a very simple formula for working that out. It is A (B+C) - C ÷ 3/10 = X. A is the amount the miserabilists think will finally show some ambition. To calculate A you need to take B, which is the club’s total income for the forthcoming season, and add C, which is the total national debt of the three Baltic states. Then take away C, and divide B by three-tenths to produce X.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Having flashbacks to a particularly undesirable maths teacher, thanks for that @PurpleCanary

whatever amount we have, I hope it’s spent because if we are selling 4 out of 5 of the biggest sales the clubs ever done during covid times when finances are supposedly depressed then we need to be re-investing that money in the same climate.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

39 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Norwich City will spend £Xm. There is a very simple formula for working that out. It is A (B+C) - C ÷ 3/10 = X. A is the amount the miserabilists think will finally show some ambition. To calculate A you need to take B, which is the club’s total income for the forthcoming season, and add C, which is the total national debt of the three Baltic states. Then take away C, and divide B by three-tenths to produce X.

That maths doesn't work at all.

....waaaaaait a second

It doesn't matter what we spend anyway, it'll never satisfy the Ipswich fans like Uncle Fred, pete, Kenny Foggo and Midlands Yellow primarily because they don't support us.

Going by reports from Michael Bailey we had £30m before the Buendia sale so now upwards of £60m in theory. My bet is we spend £40-50, saving some for January and/or later if necessary.

Of course, if we sell Aarons that's another £25-30m potentially.

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think so, yeah. Pretty sure that was well documented. Even so, it would be sensible to plan to cap the per player spending at £10m including wages, unless there is a truly exciting opportunity, because you dont want to create wage disparity with the likes of Pukki suddenly saying hang on I scored all the sodding goals that got us here etc 

Just now, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

I was assuming the £30m figure quoted by Bailey already accounted for wages, bonuses, etc.?

Yeah, that's why I think the plan will be to get three or four signings out of that, plus a couple of smart loans like Williams

A reliable source tells me the budget is £3.67, some goodwill and a batch of Delia's pies. 

Webber will play some hardball and send in Farke for the big hugs to smooth the deal over.

Finally, Carl Cort will finish his Asda shopping and drop off some yellow t-shirts from the sale so there's a brand new kit for the new arrival....

You heard it here first people...

24 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

It doesn't matter what we spend anyway, it'll never satisfy the Ipswich fans like Uncle Fred, pete, Kenny Foggo and Midlands Yellow primarily because they don't support us.

I am a home season ticket holder , attend   Virtually every away game, have a season ticket at the Gunn Club and 2 Norwich tattoos. There is no more fanatical Norwich fan than me it’s just I fundamentally disagree with the stowmarket 2s ownership of the club 

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

I am a home season ticket holder , attend   Virtually every away game, have a season ticket at the Gunn Club and 2 Norwich tattoos. There is no more fanatical Norwich fan than me it’s just I fundamentally disagree with the stowmarket 2s ownership of the club 

There is no greater indicator of you being rattled than this reply.

Other people can troll too, Freddo x

23 minutes ago, CanaryConspiracy said:

A reliable source tells me the budget is £3.67, some goodwill and a batch of Delia's pies. 

Webber will play some hardball and send in Farke for the big hugs to smooth the deal over.

Finally, Carl Cort will finish his Asda shopping and drop off some yellow t-shirts from the sale so there's a brand new kit for the new arrival....

You heard it here first people...

I've heard Farke's been offering out nice big portions of his German sausage again

13 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

There is no greater indicator of you being rattled than this reply.

Other people can troll too, Freddo x

Just making the point more generally that true NCFC fans are no fans of the stowmarket 2

30 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I've heard Farke's been offering out nice big portions of his German sausage again

Ah, I see you've encountered him on a night out on the Prince of Wales too... yes, disturbing stuff that, but if the knock on is a happy Farke and the team doing well, we should all do our bit 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Just making the point more generally that true NCFC fans are no fans of the stowmarket 2

EVPcb2RU4AAqJyy.jpg.99199f222f984be94b671a3489014a48.jpg

I don't know, always found them to be quite entertaining...

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

No, no, you did it wrong. C is the so-called "Delia dividend", the unexplained Schrödinger's cat-like black hole in the accounts via which she siphons money out of the club. 😉 

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

At least I’m able to think for myself and don’t live on here 24/7.