Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Feel like we need a signing to settle the nerves..

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think the only unsettled fans I've seen on here are the same fans who are 'unsettled' every season regardless, so it really doesn't matter.

Although I don’t agree that many fans should be unsettled right now because we haven’t made any signings specifically, I think if we don’t make a better go at this season then lots of fans will be rightly disappointed at how we conducted the Buendia sale. 

I was fairly happy to swallow the relegation last season as part of the ‘greater good’ and ‘doing a Burnley’ etc. But if this one ends up going badly I think we could end up with a max exodus of players - not to mention the possibility of losing Webber and Farke. I think the model will depart from a lot of fans’ minds completely if we do end up the whipping boys again, and the ownership debate will be coming back full throttle. 

25 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Although I don’t agree that many fans should be unsettled right now because we haven’t made any signings specifically, I think if we don’t make a better go at this season then lots of fans will be rightly disappointed at how we conducted the Buendia sale. 

I was fairly happy to swallow the relegation last season as part of the ‘greater good’ and ‘doing a Burnley’ etc. But if this one ends up going badly I think we could end up with a max exodus of players - not to mention the possibility of losing Webber and Farke. I think the model will depart from a lot of fans’ minds completely if we do end up the whipping boys again, and the ownership debate will be coming back full throttle. 

I actually think the improved facilities and focus on strength/conditioning might be the best move the club makes. We were competitive last time out until we lost three centre-halves at once.

It would be good to see a couple in soon. it’s been said we want to do our business early do the fact we’ve not signed anyone yet seems a little strange. The longer these deals drag on you feel the more chance there is of someone gazumping us. 

Intruiging to see who we might get in, but not tense about it.  the fact that we don't hear much is probably a good thing as Webber and co will be working hard and the less speculation in the press, the better.

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I actually think the improved facilities and focus on strength/conditioning might be the best move the club makes. We were competitive last time out until we lost three centre-halves at once.

Coupled with around 4 strong first-team signings then maybe!

6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I don’t think that the Euros being on is an excuse for our lack of business. We have zero ambition so it won’t be international players that we are signing. Absolutely no excuse for not bringing in the Bundesliga2 players we’ll be pretending give us a fighting chance. Now outright favourites for relegation. Disgraceful. And when our chief scout has downed tools to go to palace, I think we all know we’re already planning for the Championship rather than making a decent fist of the Premier League. That’s before we get to dumping a lucrative sponsor. 10/11 looks huge. £110,000 to win £100,000. Be mad not to, pile on! 

At least you didn't call me a pantwetter, you happy clapper. 

Again as mentioned with all the International competitions taking place, transfers will be rather slow. Its ok for the Binners as they aren’t signing International players. Technically we have two coming in on the 1st July. 

I’m more excited about the fixture release tomorrow and maybe not so much excitement about the Joma football short announcement. 

Can't see why the Euros can be held up as an excuse other than it may delay a move for Max. I doubt we will be targetting anyone involved in the competition. Perfect opportunity to get some business done while it's quiet.

I think this sponsorship fiasco may have derailed some of the plans and is the main priority given timescales.

I think its a touch early to be worried about signings right now.

However I'm sure if we get to the end of August and we've only added a backup goalkeeper enough on here will be able to convince themselves that 'we don't need to replace Buendia or Skipp, we've got Dowell and Sorenson!' 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We'll go with what we've got......

I'm sure that would work out just brilliantly after losing Skipp, Buendia, Vrancic, Tettey and Nyland.

Looking forward to seeing McGovern covering for an injured Krul, with Bali Mumba shoehorned into defensive midfield because he played there a few times for the Sunderland U18's.

May as well register Drmic again to fill a spot in the 25. 

Team needs serious investment, period. 

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Coupled with around 4 strong first-team signings then maybe!

Centre midfield should be priority, then the centre-half. A more solid base behind gives our creative players a bit more freedom. That said, we can't always complete signings in order of priority, so time will tell.

The last PL campaign brought disappointment and there were a lot on here who were convinced we had enough to stay in the PL... This time there are a lot more asking for new signings especially after Emi left imo

It's not the time to get nervous about it yet , but surely the club won't make the same mistake again? Emi has left a void , but he is not irreplacable! I think we need signings , quality signings that fit into our budget. Which means we will have to sign top end Championship talent or free transfers and maybe a promising player from the continent.

I have told myself not to get too excited about it all. That one disappointing season in the Premier League , tought me not to get my hopes up too high... Ncfc can't outspend the teams in the PL , so we have to do it our way. This has worked in the past but it has miserably failed in the past too. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride might be the best way to deal with it.

Edited by ROBFLECK

Priority is being ready and prepared to yo-yo after our forthcoming dabble wiv dem big boyz again....Then come back stronger from the Chumps 2022/23 season......ad hoc.....It's the way we roll.....Need to stay financially sound, we don't want them bailiffs coming in taking the big rotating pitch-side screen or asset stripping our wunnerful club.....Speculate to accumulate is not the way forward.....Hope Pukki gets the Euro Golden boot so we can hopefully flog him for a profit and put some more cash in the club coffers....Idah and Hugill will give a good showing for our plucky side.....Premiership stinx, we know the the best league for us is the Chumps, we win games and all go home or to the pub cheerful and happy.....Brilliant bounceabackability.....Wots not to like?.....

46 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We'll go with what we've got......

Joking aside, I think we could put out a good respectable team as it stands, but the depth is missing at the moment, having lost three or four players already.

I think it's more like after the Emi thing and the sponsor debacle, there is a bit of a glum filter over things at the moment (the news of Jones leaving for example feels a bit worse than it probably is).

Would be nice to log on and see some solid positive news is all, after a couple of bad ones.

The other thing in the background is Farkes contract and Webber's own future.

I wonder if both are taking a well earned timeout, feet up watching the Euros. Have probably delegated a lot to Scott to go out fishing for scraps.

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I don’t think that the Euros being on is an excuse for our lack of business. We have zero ambition so it won’t be international players that we are signing. Absolutely no excuse for not bringing in the Bundesliga2 players we’ll be pretending give us a fighting chance. Now outright favourites for relegation. Disgraceful. And when our chief scout has downed tools to go to palace, I think we all know we’re already planning for the Championship rather than making a decent fist of the Premier League. That’s before we get to dumping a lucrative sponsor. 10/11 looks huge. £110,000 to win £100,000. Be mad not to, pile on! 

If you’re happy to get £110,000 back on that bet, place it with me and I’ll keep the other £80,000 🤣🤣🤣

Ignore that, I’ve worked out what you were saying!

Edited by Mr Angry

Cheer up, tomorrow you'll find out the dates of all the matches were going to lose, and then you'll realise that it's all a con as they could get moved for TV or the other teams European commitments. Then there will be the realisation that you might not be able to go to some of the fixtures.

Who needs an imminent signing, it looks like we'll need stress relieving breathing techniques.

The next meltdown is only a day away.

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

...tomorrow you'll find out the dates of all the matches...

Hmm...

I'm guessing Chelsea away. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm sure that would work out just brilliantly after losing Skipp, Buendia, Vrancic, Tettey and Nyland.

Looking forward to seeing McGovern covering for an injured Krul, with Bali Mumba shoehorned into defensive midfield because he played there a few times for the Sunderland U18's.

May as well register Drmic again to fill a spot in the 25. 

Team needs serious investment, period. 

You need to chill out, period.

In chronological order, oldest first, our last 6 opening games in the PL have been:

Palace at home;

Wigan away;

Fulham away;

Everton at home;

Palace at home;

Liverpool away.

The only pattern I can find here is that I went to 3 of these and we lost them all 🤣

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I would suggest that the club signs the Buendia replacement before they sign the Placheta/Onel upgrade, otherwise there will be a meltdown. The club really now has to make the new playmaker the marquee signing I feel. 

Striker would be good, or a solid experienced DM if its certain that Skipp isn't returning.

Honestly TVB, not only somehow are you feeling  fans are being unsettled with no transfers coming in at present, but you yourself suggest City should sign incomings in a certain order of preference?

Ony thing i have said myself in a post  is that its the calm before the storm right now, but really, ask yourself...Do you somehow think SW, after all that he has said about selling  one of City's gems for a club record transfer sale in able to overall strengthen the squad, is somehow sitting on his laurels and doing  nothing proactive in bringing new guys in?

Just relax, the incomings will arrive when they arrive,  no need to be unsttled at all.

The idea that Webber and Farke, who live, eat, sleep, dream, drink and die for the game would somehow have their feet up at an absolutely crucial time for their reputations and their careers (particularly Webber) is utterly preposterous and anyone who thinks it is even vaguely possible has clearly not been listening to ANYTHING that they have said since they respectively joined the Club.

Yes, Webber recruited poorly for the Prem before, and yes he took the blame for sending Farke in without a gun, but his hands were tied by **** poor spending money too as a consequence of our frivolous past.

Stuart Webber sits on a healthy transfer budget with an opportunity to prove he belongs at the top table. Daniel Farke is his head coach.

Feet up? Bollox.