Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Feel like we need a signing to settle the nerves..

Can sense an underlying tension amongst fans at the minute, and we have no idea whether its justified or not, could go either way really - could be about to embark on a squad transformation which will end up making us look more equipped for the Premier League, or we could end up making a token effort at survival and being the Premier League whipping boys again.

I do wonder whether the 'son of a legend' signing was seen as a good little boost to morale to soften the blow of losing Emi slightly (albeit only slightly, as Emi is as close to World Class as we've had since probably Martin Peters), unfortunately could rub salt into the wounds if Leeds do now hijack it and Angus decides to tarnish the Gunn name.

I know the business tends to happen later when the Euros is on, as the bigger players move when its done and dusted and begins the chain reaction.

But really hope we can unveil a decent signing in the short term, just to wet the whistle and get us talking about something positive! All feels a bit glum after Emi leaving and the dodgy sponsor debacle! 

• Like 2

I think the only unsettled fans I've seen on here are the same fans who are 'unsettled' every season regardless, so it really doesn't matter.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think the only unsettled fans I've seen on here are the same fans who are 'unsettled' every season regardless, so it really doesn't matter.

Perhaps those are the fans who won't be happy to see us assume the role of Premier League whipping boys again, rather than the ones who feel privileged to be present to see Mo Salah or Bruno Fernandes tear us a new a*rsehole.

Not that you could do much to stop that when they are having a good day, but I'd like to think we could be good enough to avoid making Michael Antonio look like Luis Suarez this time. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I recall that when there is the Euros or World Cup then the transfer business generally happens later. So I’m not expecting anything much before Euros are over (but happy to be pleasantly surprised!)

Got to be honest, whilst the Euros are on I'm not really thinking about club football, and I suspect the transfer market will be pretty dead until after the tournament. 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can sense an underlying tension amongst fans at the minute, and we have no idea whether its justified or not, could go either way really - could be about to embark on a squad transformation which will end up making us look more equipped for the Premier League, or we could end up making a token effort at survival and being the Premier League whipping boys again.

I do wonder whether the 'son of a legend' signing was seen as a good little boost to morale to soften the blow of losing Emi slightly (albeit only slightly, as Emi is as close to World Class as we've had since probably Martin Peters), unfortunately could rub salt into the wounds if Leeds do now hijack it and Angus decides to tarnish the Gunn name.

I know the business tends to happen later when the Euros is on, as the bigger players move when its done and dusted and begins the chain reaction.

But really hope we can unveil a decent signing in the short term, just to wet the whistle and get us talking about something positive! All feels a bit glum after Emi leaving and the dodgy sponsor debacle! 

Would be good to celebrate a decent signing... Or a good new sponsorship or a great new kit. Fingers crossed. Buendia's departure and the other silly nonsense definitely bought the joys of last season to an end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps those are the fans who won't be happy to see us assume the role of Premier League whipping boys again, rather than the ones who feel privileged to be present to see Mo Salah or Bruno Fernandes tear us a new a*rsehole.

Great answer, assimilate it hoggy if your able to. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps those are the fans who won't be happy

Fixed it for you 😀

• Haha 1

A lot more outgoings at the minute. Would be good to see even a first team squad player come in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Fixed it for you 😀

Would be a little strange to feel "happy" a few days after losing your best player to a club that is disliked for good reason, and sponsorgate. Which is my point, we could do with cheering up. A solid signing of some sort in a position which needs an upgrade would help. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

A lot more outgoings at the minute. Would be good to see even a first team squad player come in. 

I would suggest that the club signs the Buendia replacement before they sign the Placheta/Onel upgrade, otherwise there will be a meltdown. The club really now has to make the new playmaker the marquee signing I feel. 

Striker would be good, or a solid experienced DM if its certain that Skipp isn't returning.

Why?

It's June. The Euros are on. Go out, get some fresh air. Enjoy the sunshine. 

If you find yourself nervous about NCFC in the close season, then try and find some perspective and realise - 

Chill Out Lemur - relax it's just a game

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Would be a little strange to feel "happy" a few days after losing your best player to a club that is disliked for good reason, and sponsorgate. Which is my point, we could do with cheering up. A solid signing of some sort in a position which needs an upgrade would help. 

Yeah, I wasn't referring to this specific moment in time, more in general.

I'm really not fussed about seeing us make or not make a signing now, with the euros still going on etc. If it matters that much to some people then great.

Has all this bollix really affected your mood? Really? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I wasn't referring to this specific moment in time, more in general.

I'm really not fussed about seeing us make or not make a signing now, with the euros still going on etc. If it matters that much to some people then great.

I would take Angus Gunn to be fair, at least it would show some joined up thinking and thoughts about succession planning.

It shows that the club understands that it could mean 3 points or 6 points of whatever in the event of another injury crisis in that position.

Its one thing throwing in an 18 year old in the Championship when sitting in front of you are the best centre back pairing, best right back, and best DM in the league. Completely different scenario when you have every man behind the ball trying to cling on to a 1-1 against Man Utd. 

I would also  like to point out that signings  are not necessarily  made in the order fans demand, strangely enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Has all this bollix really affected your mood? Really? 

A little bit yeah, its been a bit tinpot and cringeworthy, a signal of ambition and intent would be nice to see.

Or in other words, some evidence that we are putting serious investment into the squad post-Emi sale would be good. Not like I don't have good reason to fear the opposite is it, after the year Byram was the only permanent player we signed a fee for.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I would also  like to point out that signings  are not necessarily  made in the order fans demand, strangely enough. 

Well I'm more worried about whether serious signings happen at all after our last season in this league.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

A little bit yeah, its been a bit tinpot and cringeworthy, a signal of ambition and intent would be nice to see.

Or in other words, some evidence that we are putting serious investment into the squad post-Emi sale would be good. Not like I don't have good reason to fear the opposite is it, after the year Byram was the only permanent player we signed a fee for.

Thought you'd  bought into  the " model ' , 'plan' ' whatevs'. As someone said earlier...  chill, light the barbecue . Let the biz take care of itself,  you're  snarg enough to know that fretting is a pointless exercise. 

Well I'm more worried about whether serious signings happen at all after our last season in this league.

It's OK,  you're a new convert, such a feeling is common to the fresh of faith. 😇

Maybe just put your feet up and relax until 5th July. That's the date that NCFC return to first team training. And that's when we should be concerned about what sort of squad we have put together.

The next three weeks are for Webber to put some work into motion, now with the assuredness of the Buendia cash behind him. Give him the chance to do that.

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think Bryan managed to tarnish the Gunn name when he went into club management .lol

I don’t think that the Euros being on is an excuse for our lack of business. We have zero ambition so it won’t be international players that we are signing. Absolutely no excuse for not bringing in the Bundesliga2 players we’ll be pretending give us a fighting chance. Now outright favourites for relegation. Disgraceful. And when our chief scout has downed tools to go to palace, I think we all know we’re already planning for the Championship rather than making a decent fist of the Premier League. That’s before we get to dumping a lucrative sponsor. 10/11 looks huge. £110,000 to win £100,000. Be mad not to, pile on! 

• Haha 1

The lack of patience shown by the OP is ludicrous. I would much rather the club took their time and got it right rather than rush through signings to appease the anxieties of impatient supporters.

Luckily, Webber is a smart man, and doesn't care what you think. 

Our Club has never been so transparent about its focus on nurture and growth and sustainability and yet they need to show 'evidence of joined up thinking'

Any old stick to beat em with, I suppose.

Who hurt you?

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I don’t think that the Euros being on is an excuse for our lack of business. We have zero ambition so it won’t be international players that we are signing. Absolutely no excuse for not bringing in the Bundesliga2 players we’ll be pretending give us a fighting chance. Now outright favourites for relegation. Disgraceful. And when our chief scout has downed tools to go to palace, I think we all know we’re already planning for the Championship rather than making a decent fist of the Premier League. That’s before we get to dumping a lucrative sponsor. 10/11 looks huge. £110,000 to win £100,000. Be mad not to, pile on! 

20210615_015817.jpg.5d146bc784bd925be80a00cffec36207.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All the warning signs are there that this will be a poor window 

it is clear the usual lack of ambition is this time also coming alongside poor execution of the plan.

you couldn’t make this stuff up, you really couldn’t