Jim Smith

I notice Emi cites Villa’s ambition as a key factor

In his move.

Do you not think top 26 and being a stepping stone for players to move on to bigger clubs was enough?

24 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

In his move.

Do you not think top 26 and being a stepping stone for players to move on to bigger clubs was enough?

Was he not aware that our club is so much better than everyone else and we're well respected in the community unlike those horrible nasty clubs with money? 

Has any signing anywhere ever not gushed about a combination of the new club’s ambition, squad, fans, stadium, facilities, glorious history? 

Suspect it means as little (or as much)  when they do it here as when they do it at their next club. Other than that it makes us feel good for a bit, and that it might actually be a bit odd if they didn’t have something positive prepared for when they’re inevitably asked.

• Like 3

To be fair, alternatively, he could have praised their generous pay and rewards structure, which would be truthful but not go down too well. Or their recent footballing successes and trophies... which would be both unpopular and untrue.

‘Ambition’ feels about right for the situation.

• Like 2

Meh.....at the end o' the day them footykickysoccerbooty twisted sock wearing prima-donnas are all just badge kissin' mercenaries.....and as for their representative agents? They're just weasel-faced congealed putrid lumps of the Devil's sperm....

11 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

To be fair, alternatively, he could have praised their generous pay and rewards structure, which would be truthful but not go down too well. Or their recent footballing successes and trophies... which would be both unpopular and untrue.

Surely he should have mentioned their history? 😉 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Surely he should have mentioned their history? 😉 

....and that they used to make half-decent lemonade.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Meh.....at the end o' the day them footykickysoccerbooty twisted sock wearing prima-donnas are all just badge kissin' mercenaries.....and as for their representative agents? They're just weasel-faced congealed putrid lumps of the Devil's sperm....

Or .. they’re just professionals doing a job and trying not to particularly upset anyone

We have zero ambition beyond looking good and being respected in the community. Those are not bad in themselves but really need to be matched on the pitch, which, to me seems to be more and more becoming secondary by the day.

We all know our club has zero ambition and won’t have under the current ownership 

why would any player with ambition to win a big trophy ever stay or join us

Well... I think he is more likely to pinch a domestic cup and sneak into European competition at Villa than he is at Norwich.

What else could he achieve here? Realistically? How many more times does he want to win the second tier?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

We all know our club has zero ambition and won’t have under the current ownership 

Is constantly posting your miserablist crap the height of your ambitions - I'm sure that you can do so much better with a really 'big' club elsewhere 🙄 

• Like 1

Just now, GenerationA47 said:

Or .. they’re just professionals doing a job and trying not to particularly upset anyone

Ooh get you.....Looky here, I'm a Professional....and I drive a very slick and fast Ford Capri....and on occasion a Triumph Dolomite Sprint.....Trust me, I know a mercenary when I see one....It's my job....

1 minute ago, C.I.D said:

Is constantly posting your miserablist crap the height of your ambitions - I'm sure that you can do so much better with a really 'big' club elsewhere 🙄 

Are you as easily led in real life? Life is full of questions...

15 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

I'd suggest the ambition one is probably also true. 

Ps C.I.D.. why don't you go follow Crewe or Wycombe? Being top 26 would be a real achievement for them and you..🤪

Edited by Kenny Foggo

I love Emi, and he is clearly a better player today than he was two seasons ago, but we saw how he played at the Premier League level in 2019-2020. One goal and seven assists in 36 appearances. 

All this talk of "ambition" is just talk. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Yeah great example in this thread, we’ll never sign players like Buendia and if we did we would never get 3 good years out of him and a big payoff

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd suggest the ambition one is probably also true. 

Hence about right- true enough and encouraging to their fans 

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Ooh get you.....Looky here, I'm a Professional....and I drive a very slick and fast Ford Capri....and on occasion a Triumph Dolomite Sprint.....Trust me, I know a mercenary when I see one....It's my job....

Ok