KiwiScot

Scotland In A Football Tournament

Hanely is doing well. Up front I'd like to see Dykes replaced upfront. Not been quick enough.

He got beat, but it was a good ball and a good header. 3rd time in a row the czechs had done a outswinging corner like that so it got us.

Neither team should be a problem for an England team ready to take it to them.

Once again, like Wales, we have a UK team relying on some players not playing for big clubs.

Scotland need to build up a head of steam at some point. Too bitty going forward.

A point would be good but can't afford to lose.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Could anyone make out what Paul Lambert was saying pitch side at half time? My subtitles drew a blank.

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hanley really trying to stake a claim on the big stage to be our Prem number 1 huh? Who need's Ajer.. 😉

I'm not watching it, but IMO for the period from Christmas onwards in our last Prem seasion Hanley looked fully capable of playing in the Prem for a team from mid-table downwards.

I've just watched the goal replay and the studio pundits have more criticsed how slow to react they were to close down the cross from the right they were, the guy has perfect time to place his cross and it's a very inviting one to attack. Grant will be a bit disappointed but it's a hard one for a defender. 

Attacker clearly resting his arm on Hanley's shoulder as he climbs - at Old Trafford if done by the away team wouldn't that be a free kick ? 

The SPL players are really letting them down. O'Donnel and Dykes look absolutely awful, shouldn't be anywhere near this level of football and Christie looks lost. Surely Che Adams would be a better option up front?

Realistically, Scotland make up the numbers in a tournament like this, but they're playing pretty tidily in parts. The Czechs are still very beatable opposition for them though. A bit more pace moving the ball and Scotland are well in this.

EDIT: Right, then that just happened. Call it putting the mockers on.

EDIT 2: Irony alert. "Schick" in German means "smart".

Edited by TheGunnShow

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sorry but i just don't get this Jock Lovefest as they absolutely hate us English and would support whoever we are playing even at tiddlywinks.

Wouldn’t worry Til, won’t be many games for the love fest to continue at this rate. 🤣

Saying that Scotland have had some guilt edged chances and with a bit o' fortune be at least 3 goals to the good....

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Is this Armstrong the one we’re linked with?

Nope, Adam Armstrong is English.

This guy plays for Southampton.

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Saying that Scotland have had some guilt edged chances and with a bit o' fortune be at least 3 goals to the good....

Oh the guilt.....I mean gilt....