KiwiScot

Scotland In A Football Tournament

Sorry I know this is an English club forum, but everyone is excited up here at bonnie Scotland once again loose in tournament football. We are pretty confident of getting out the group stage for the first time ever and of beating The Czech Republic. But I suspect it's more of the same as they are no mugs and we beat them last time while they had most of their team out due to covid. Reckon they will have something to prove.

Euro 2020: Come to London but don't go to Trafalgar Sq, Khan tells Tartan  Army | Evening StandardHow three Swedish nurses became diehard Scotland fans - and they say  following Tartan Army has been 'life-changing' - Mirror Online

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Sorry I know this is an English club forum, but everyone is excited up here at bonnie Scotland once again loose in tournament football. We are pretty confident of getting out the group stage for the first time ever and of beating The Czech Republic. But I suspect it's more of the same as they are no mugs and we beat them last time while they had most of their team out due to covid. Reckon they will have something to prove.

Euro 2020: Come to London but don't go to Trafalgar Sq, Khan tells Tartan  Army | Evening StandardHow three Swedish nurses became diehard Scotland fans - and they say  following Tartan Army has been 'life-changing' - Mirror Online

Hope you do KS. I'm looking forward to the match. There was a great piece on the team last night and clearly Glasgow is completely buzzing.

Also looking forward to seeing Kenny doing media duties and Grant in the starting line up.

There has been a long history between NCFC and Scottish players/ managers.

I actually think Scotland have a pretty good starting XI. I like Stuart Armstrong at Southampton and think they'll give England a really good game - would be happy with a draw.

You'll get out of the group, I think.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

I actually think Scotland have a pretty good starting XI. I like Stuart Armstrong at Southampton and think they'll give England a really good game - would be happy with a draw.

You'll get out of the group, I think.

3rd place will be tricky without a win as I'm thinking 3pts will be the minimum for qualifying in 3rd.

Good one! So looks like Grant Hanley will be in the starting lineup, is Kenny in the squad but injured or what? Any other NCFC interest?

Always wish the Scots all the best, you had a couple of decent World cups in the 70s when you could easily have progressed. Except I’m afraid on Friday I want you to lose 😉.

6 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good one! So looks like Grant Hanley will be in the starting lineup, is Kenny in the squad but injured or what? Any other NCFC interest?

Always wish the Scots all the best, you had a couple of decent World cups in the 70s when you could easily have progressed. Except I’m afraid on Friday I want you to lose 😉.

Kenny had to be withdrawn from the squad due to injury. But he's on media duties for the BBC for Scotland games so that should be quite a laugh!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I can't find any other Norwich links other than David Turnbull that player that was thinking about signing for us once then changed his mind when Celtic wanted him. Then he got a bad injury which set him back a year.

36 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Former GK David Marshall.

I thought for a cover they'd doll it up, but whatever.

Scotland can you Boogie

Edited by KiwiScot

Sorry but i just don't get this Jock Lovefest as they absolutely hate us English and would support whoever we are playing even at tiddlywinks.

Fitba's cumm'n heem. 

Edited by Herman
Cheers Mr Angry.

Scotland have a decent team as several of the squad play at a decent level in the English league, and Hanley 😂 That will help massively.

Make no mistake they hate us and I find it hard to rise above that.

It's a great occasion for them and I hope it goes well.

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Fitba I think 😄

The second word kept getting blocked too. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sorry but i just don't get this Jock Lovefest as they absolutely hate us English and would support whoever we are playing even at tiddlywinks.

Matthew verse 44. ‘But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you’.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

The second word kept getting blocked too. 

💦🍆

Edited by Mr Angry
Wrong way round 🤣🤣🤣
  • Haha 1

E31szY2WYAAZi6v.thumb.jpg.b51747ff044ea0fec7ac84c6ff70366d.jpg

No Kieran Tierney which is a blow. Out with a niggle. Team looks solid though. Time to Hanley to show the supporters he's worth the place.

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Kenny as one of the pundits on BBC!

Such a massive shame for him to miss this after having (like Grant Hanley) his best season for us (imo). He looked sharp most of the season. 

But come September he still has the chance for the World Cup qualifiers. And he will be a Premier League footballer too.

15 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Kenny as one of the pundits on BBC!

The Messiah is pitchside!

Gotta say the love for Kenny is great to see, seems like they feel he was really important to the team and are gutted he's missing. 

My general thoughts on Scotland and the Scotland team- I obviously fully support Hanley and Mclean (even if he's not playing right now) but it's mixed. I don't mind most Scottish people, they can take a joke and often give it back but sadly the rampant SNP anti English hatefilled jerkoff fest led by the little spiteful Sturgeon in recent years has soured things a little.

Still think most Scottish are a decent bunch though, and as much as I hope we/England thrash them this week I don't really care too much if they either do well or don't

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Czech getting balls into the box. Other end Ryan Christie beats two men into the box and one of his own players runs into him.