Sign in to follow this  
JB

Savage Hypocrisy

I find it amusing how our friend Robbie Savage finds Norfolk a chore to have to get to for Premier League pundit work....but he's managed to get to Baku without much complaint to commentate for Wales. Perhaps his geography isn't that good, but even someone like him must realise that a trip to a former Soviet state is a little further than a trip into East Anglia. 

Edited by JB

13 minutes ago, JB said:

I find it amusing how our friend Robbie Savage finds Norfolk a chore to have to get to for Premier League pundit work....but he's managed to get to Baku without much complaint to commentate for Wales. Perhaps his geography isn't that good, but even someone like him must realise that a trip to a former Soviet state is a little further than a trip into East Anglia. 

Robbie Savage is footballing plankton; I doubt he can even wipe his own ar5e without getting covered in sh1t.

Don't give him a second thought my friend.

OTBC

• Like 4

Wasn't it Savage who famously asked for a transfer because he wanted to be close to his family, only to make a big money move to Blackburn, which was further away than his then current club?

2 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Wasn't it Savage who famously asked for a transfer because he wanted to be close to his family, only to make a big money move to Blackburn, which was further away than his then current club?

It was his family who told him it was closer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

Amused me savage went silent just now. Main commentator then said you had a technical fault and the country was enjoying it. Brilliant.

The man was born a complete tw*t and will remain so for ever more 🤪

Makes me laugh how he keeps bigging up Joe Allen. 

If Switzerland had put in a bit more effort they might have had it won. Wales are awful and have only one option and that is Moore.

His opinion on traveling to Norfolk isn't exactly unique in the game. I suspect it's the main reason why we get so utterly scr3wed by referee's in the PL but tend to be well looked after by FL ref's when we're in the promotion mix. Because they hate having to travel here basically. 

I seem to recall Swansea regularly being hard done by when they were in the PL as well but smaller London clubs like Watford and Palace tend to get a fair shake...can't be a co-incidence

I think Savage is just blurting out a quite commonly held opinion tbh. 

I'm pretty sure his Norfolk comment was tongue-in-cheek anyway, I do sometimes think our fan base is a bit precious at times and can't take a bit of banter. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm pretty sure his Norfolk comment was tongue-in-cheek anyway, I do sometimes think our fan base is a bit precious at times and can't take a bit of banter. 

At times?

Try all the time 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JB said:

Somehow Savage has made a decent living out of football. He was average in the extreme as a player - part of a welsh team that were perennial failures - and his club career I can’t even be bothered to recount .

Then he had the nous - or a very good agent- to turn to the “celebrity” ticket , and now he makes another good living by being the BBC’s version of a shock jock, and one of their three go-to Welshmen. 

He is a most irritating, purile, inarticulate pundit , but let’s face it he is in good company . And his bank account will look a lot healthier than mine . 

• Like 1

Well he did say he wouldn't watch us if we were playing in his back garden, so I think his bias is a little deeper than just the travelling.

I have absolutely no idea why the BBC persist in employing people like him. He probably ticks a box because he's Welsh but now they are also using Ashley Williams maybe they will quietly drop him.

It was like listening to a drunken fan commentate. He makes you want to mute the sound. 

Entirely emotional and unprofessional. 

I'm surprised the BBC have lowered themselves to tolerate this standard. 

16 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Somehow Savage has made a decent living out of football. He was average in the extreme as a player - part of a welsh team that were perennial failures - and his club career I can’t even be bothered to recount .

Then he had the nous - or a very good agent- to turn to the “celebrity” ticket , and now he makes another good living by being the BBC’s version of a shock jock, and one of their three go-to Welshmen. 

He is a most irritating, purile, inarticulate pundit , but let’s face it he is in good company . And his bank account will look a lot healthier than mine . 

Agree with all of that. Someone has to take credit for managing to wangle a career out of it for him though. Made watching that Wales game a bit tricky, hearing him.

• Like 1

Once you get in at the BBC it’s hard to get the sack. It’s a job for life. Even if you are abusing kids apparently

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Once you get in at the BBC it’s hard to get the sack. It’s a job for life. Even if you are abusing kids apparently

As Alan Partridge would say:

They’re on the BBC gravy train. I wish I was.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

100% this! Savage loves to play the village idiot. No need to be offended by him 

• Like 1

I like Savage's enthusiasm to be fair, but I don't take what he says very seriously. He rarely comes up with much quality insight, but I see him as a player and fan who comes along on passion. 

Gotta say though, Gary Neville usually has interesting stuff on. I do rate him.

On 12/06/2021 at 15:53, Ken Hairy said:

I have to agree. One comment and people take it as gospel. Like when Danny Murphy said we were the best team ever to get relegated..... We weren't but people took it to heart 

Robbie Savages says things because he knows it winds ppl up. Hes a troll but paid to be one