Canary Wundaboy

Emi's leaving statement

11 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

I'm not 100% sure he chose Villa, more that they offered City the better package than Arsenal, for example they were willingly to add a 10% sell-on clause which Arsenal refused. Webber and co therefore did what they are paid to do and got the best deal for the club for a player who clearly wanted to leave.

I think we all expected to lose Buendia. The general consensus on here that £40m should be the price.

The two factors that seemed to upset most were, firstly, the speed of it all. No sooner had the dust settled on the promotion party than he was out of the club quicker than a cork out of  a bottle.

Secondly, he was sold to Aston Villa .... from time of the tasteless  Lambert saga that club has been firmly in our bad books. Before then for some, me included. I lived in Brum for ten+ years and my brother-in-law was Birmingham City fan and I often accompanied him to games at St. Andrews. I took the blue side of the city and enjoyed perceiving  (incorrectly) Villa fans  as being the toffs from Sutton Coldfield and Solihull, whilst the Blues fans were the down to earth Brummies. All nonsense of course, but there was always something of the superior/entitlement about those who followed the Villains.

As for the price. I'm sure that Webber has squeezed the last pound note out of them, one way or the other.

It will be interesting to see if Watford hang on to Sarr. They want over £40m for him apparently.

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Actually (and I don't believe I'm about to say this) I agree with Kenny Foggo.

Couldn't give a flying monkeys what Emi does from here, really. Massive success, or massive flop, I'm more interested in those playing for my club. 

That’s your choice and fair enough, it seems a sad and isolated way to follow football.    Both of you post as if you’re pretty unappreciative of the way our club is run, and clearly the efforts and contributions of it’s players.    If that’s not correct in your eyes, then you clearly want your cake too!

I’m a Norwich fan but I’m a football fan too and I’ll be wishing him well and watching to see how much he can entertain me even though he’s not wearing yellow!   Same goes for Godfrey and any players we develop.

15 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

That’s your choice and fair enough, it seems a sad and isolated way to follow football.    Both of you post as if you’re pretty unappreciative of the way our club is run, and clearly the efforts and contributions of it’s players.    If that’s not correct in your eyes, then you clearly want your cake too!

Mate, it's football we're talking about here, not lessons on life and how to be happy. If you see supporting Norwich and it's players as sad and isolating, then perhaps you need someone to let you out of the onion bag once in a while. Don't be so bold as to make assumptions of my life and thoughts based  on your incorrect perceptions of my posts. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Mate, it's football we're talking about here, not lessons on life and how to be happy. If you see supporting Norwich and it's players as sad and isolating, then perhaps you need someone to let you out of the onion bag once in a while. Don't be so bold as to make assumptions of my life and thoughts based  on your incorrect perceptions of my posts. 

With football its 100% passion. If it was logical and "nice" I would go and support Bayern Munich or Man City because they win more..  I don't, I support one club and always will...Another players do not concern me and in particular past City players that chose to leave.. people with "2nd fav" clubs do my head in.... I am very rational in real life and some of you may even like me 🤪

Ps after last week definitely time for a rest..