Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yada yada. Didn’t like it enough to stay. The fact is he’s chosen Villa. A team most city fans can’t stand. 
 

do I blame, no he choose money. I can’t see he’s really chosen a massive step up in the quality of team he’s playing for.  Having chosen his preferred route in life I hardly want a passion sandwich from the guy.

bye. Thanks for the entertainment. Let’s move on to players who do want to be here. 

Edited by Hardhouse44
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it works out for the lad (although not in games against us), but can see it ending in tears if Grealish stays at the club. Emi thrives on the adulation of the fans, but will always be second to 'one of their own' in the eyes of the Villa fans. He also arrives with a great deal of expectation on his shoulders, and needs to hit the ground running or the fans are likely to get on his back.

Let's hope for his sake that it turns out better than the last exile to Villa Park.... the poor boy deserves better than ending up at Ipswich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Where I have suffered'

 

Now say how you really feel

 

😢

In the name of fairness:

As in Italian, this ‘suffered’ is often mis-translated.

It would (likely) be better translated as: 

‘effort, struggle, commitment’

It is a positive meaning indicating something more like ‘giving all of oneself for the cause’

Parma 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

In the name of fairness:

As in Italian, this ‘suffered’ is often mis-translated.

It would (likely) be better translated as: 

‘effort, struggle, commitment’

It is a positive meaning indicating something more like ‘giving all of oneself for the cause’

Parma 

 

Suffering Relegation and its immediate after effects .......turning a negative into a positive......Trust in Farke👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean, we did sign him.

We did indeed, but imagine being able to add ready made quality instead of selling once they peak. Onwards and upwards though, lots more Emi’s on the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

 I can’t see he’s really chosen a massive step up in the quality of team he’s playing for.

Whilst I appreciate when you are coming from and respect your opinion, I think if you asked most neutrals which team was the better (or indeed the bigger), I think you'd find very few choosing us, be this right or wrong.

So whilst it may not be a 'massive' step up, it's certainly a step up in wages, they had a decent finish in the PL last season and have signed some very good players and look to continue this trend, are historically much bigger than us, and at this stage are more likely to be safe this coming season in terms of both staying up and finishing in a good position than we are, so it IS a step up, even if we'd have preferred it to be to an Athletico or similar instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We did indeed, but imagine being able to add ready made quality instead of selling once they peak. Onwards and upwards though, lots more Emi’s on the way. 

We signed him whilst in the championship. He was certainly ready made quality for the level we were at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another example of how wet and gullible fans on this forum are. Wishing a player luck who has walked out on us to join Aston Villa! Embarrassing. Empty meaningless words from Buendia. Hope he fails miserably at Villa and they get relegated.

Keith Scott (normal not NFN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Emi, and before Wes and Hucks!!!

Just think moment how lucky we have been as Norwich City fans. How bl**dy lucky. 

Will be looking out for him in the future of course. A whole queue of new players in the Premier League all ex-Norwich all out to try and so well against us! Who would have predicted it.

Time for new Emi's, Madders  and Hucks.

 

Ps. Needed to say this as the perfect antidote to big Keith.

Bit like the vaccine effect😅

 

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

 

You seem to be replying to yourself because you can’t attract the attention your pathetic childish whining deserves. Why not stop typing and use your right hand for its more regular task.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

In the name of fairness:

As in Italian, this ‘suffered’ is often mis-translated.

It would (likely) be better translated as: 

‘effort, struggle, commitment’

It is a positive meaning indicating something more like ‘giving all of oneself for the cause’

Parma 

 

It probably means “suffered” as in getting relegated . 
From the Spanish . To suffer .  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish him luck, the amazing football played has been strongly contributed to by him. I hope he has a great career and I will continue to enjoy watching his style. However, I don't get this letter b*llocks? If he'd moved to club playing in european competitions, I would see it as an offer he couldn't refuse. I even understand why he wants to leave to join Villa but don't bullsh*t me with a letter saying how much you like it and then leave for - an admittedly bigger team but - not such a big jump forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orly said:

Hope he goes on to great things - but not really with Villa, which is a puzzling choice imo.

Despite trying my best to not be an 'rsehole, I will definitely NOT be able to resist the potential schadenfreude of "Aston Villa getting relegated, whilst we stay up" - hugely unlikely as that scenario is.

My thoughts exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Another example of how wet and gullible fans on this forum are. Wishing a player luck who has walked out on us to join Aston Villa! Embarrassing. Empty meaningless words from Buendia. Hope he fails miserably at Villa and they get relegated.

Keith Scott (not normal)

Fixed.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We signed him whilst in the championship. He was certainly ready made quality for the level we were at. 

Well we’re not in the Championship now, big signings on the way. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that statement proves how deserving of a rousing welcome EMI deserves on his next and every visit to Carrow Road.

Anybody dumb enough to boo him shows a total lack of disrespect to his efforts over the past three years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You seem to be replying to yourself because you can’t attract the attention your pathetic childish whining deserves. Why not stop typing and use your right hand for its more regular task.

You may live up to your name in terms of your right hand...

 And I will continue to reply how I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, unique said:

I hope that statement proves how deserving of a rousing welcome EMI deserves on his next and every visit to Carrow Road.

Anybody dumb enough to boo him shows a total lack of disrespect to his efforts over the past three years.

I will be too busy supporting my team.. will leave you to clap the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not 100% sure he chose Villa, more that they offered City the better package than Arsenal, for example they were willingly to add a 10% sell-on clause which Arsenal refused. Webber and co therefore did what they are paid to do and got the best deal for the club for a player who clearly wanted to leave.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most gifted Norwich player I've seen, will miss him. I hope he does well at Villa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back the 50’s 60’s when we had loyalty in the game. Now agents rule the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a pleasure what him play for us. 

 

Hard to think of a more naturally talented and skillful player in a Norwich shirt, particularly when that ability is combined with his tenacity and work ethic.

 

I still get the feeling not everyone realises quite how good he is (although maybe that's bitterness he's left) but for a lot of us he's the best player we've ever seen play for the club - whether we realise it or not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daly said:

Bring back the 50’s 60’s when we had loyalty in the game. Now agents rule the game

Maximum wage back then, blame Jimmy Hill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, daly said:

Bring back the 50’s 60’s when we had loyalty in the game. Now agents rule the game

And players jailed for match fixing, but let’s not let facts get in the way of nostalgia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well we’re not in the Championship now, big signings on the way. 

By big, he of course means stature. We're going to be a side full of 6'5 monsters next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who how plays for Villa. He wanted to leave... Not interested. Want to see the players we bring in not someone that doesn't care about my club. I support players that play in Yellow and Green only. 

Of course he cares!!!! He’s earning £80k a week now…. Absolutely no way you would turn that down… 

How could you not be interested in how our players careers progress, especially ones that we’ve helped develop and that have had such an impact…. 
 

As a football fan, can’t wait to see him play again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'big signings on the way'

tenor.gif

You’ll see, if Norwich don’t spend a third or more of the Emi fee on new players I’ll eat my hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Of course he cares!!!! He’s earning £80k a week now…. Absolutely no way you would turn that down… 

How could you not be interested in how our players careers progress, especially ones that we’ve helped develop and that have had such an impact…. 
 

As a football fan, can’t wait to see him play again!

Actually (and I don't believe I'm about to say this) I agree with Kenny Foggo.

Couldn't give a flying monkeys what Emi does from here, really. Massive success, or massive flop, I'm more interested in those playing for my club. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...