Canary Wundaboy

Emi's leaving statement

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Gutted, but he’s given us a hell of a lot.

Farewell and thanks for the memories, Emi. Let's hope you find the top-tier European football you crave and are undoubtedly good enough for. It's just a shame it wasn't with us.

Farke often speaks in terms of a club growing faster than a player is progressing. Emi probably progressed faster than we could and let's face it, his tigerish, creative and bustling displays last season were always going to attract attention. If anything, it was a surprise we kept hold of him this time out.

He took his disappointment from the Premier League last time, and he's got us back to the promised land.

And I think I bust my hip trying to recreate THAT flick against Hull.

That's a very moving farewell from Emi and seems genuine enough to me. When we play Villa I just hope that he receives a really good reception. What's done is done and we must move on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

That's a very moving farewell from Emi and seems genuine enough to me. When we play Villa I just hope that he receives a really good reception. What's done is done and we must move on. 

I think he will, I did start the 'boo or clap' titled thread after the news but I'm feeling much more amicable about it all now - and that's a lovely fairwell message from him too. I'm sure he'll get a great reception

Truly fantastic player and man. An absolute delight to watch his magic. I wish him only success and I for one will be giving him a rousing reception when he returns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's one way to show support for a player that's helped to get us promoted twice

Who how plays for Villa. He wanted to leave... Not interested. Want to see the players we bring in not someone that doesn't care about my club. I support players that play in Yellow and Green only. 

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who how plays for Villa. He wanted to leave... Not interested. Want to see the players we bring in not someone that doesn't care about my club. I support players that play in Yellow and Green only. 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We sold our best player let's celebrate...hurrah!

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Great he has gone well done the owners... Great move

31 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Great he has gone well done the owners... Great move

Sometimes you have to be grateful that you have got to see such talent at your club. I'm delighted for Godfrey and Buendia, two fabulous players.

Would you have been saying 'well done the owners' if you'd have been watching Chambers and Skuse every week?

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 1

Genuine enough message to be fair but at the end of the day he wanted to leave us and he got to big for us.

Losing great players is just something you have to live with being a Norwich fan.

Hope it works out for him and his family and I hope the mutual respect continues.

Hope he goes on to great things - but not really with Villa, which is a puzzling choice imo.

Despite trying my best to not be an 'rsehole, I will definitely NOT be able to resist the potential schadenfreude of "Aston Villa getting relegated, whilst we stay up" - hugely unlikely as that scenario is.

It was good stuff, albeit like a carefully worded solicitor's letter.

I regret that he failed to single out Daniel Farke for praise.

DF has had as much influence upon his career as anybody or anything else.

I'm just interested to see how Dean Smith deals with Emi should a tantrum arise.

Good stuff, clearly written by somebody who speaks English as a second language, so probably him or his wife, appreciate it when you can tell its their own words and not the words of some club PR man or somebody he is paying to manage social media. Good man. 

Also, I hope he loves the city enough to move here when he retires in 2032, just in time for Geovanni Buendia to join our U13's. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

signed with what seems to be his own trade mark EB graphic.....he's changed ! 

still one of the best players I've seen. will be missed. thanks for the good times 

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fantastic player, when the model moves on another notch we’ll be signing players of his calibre not selling them 😉

I mean, we did sign him.

• Like 1