Right, now that the BK8 shambles is sorted and the Emi transfer is complete it's time we hot down to business. Let's all look forward to what could be a great season. We have a bigger war chest than ever. Sounds like Angus is incoming for what appears to be peanuts. Lots of names being mentioned but probably all wrong but we'll see. Excited to see who comes in through the doors as I really believe we will have a better all round squad than ever before. Last time in the PL I some games we were not far off. I predict we will upset some teams next season and comfortably finish mid table. Cmon you yellows. Give us all something to shout about......again

• Like 5

4 hours ago, canarycop said:

Right, now that the BK8 shambles is sorted and the Emi transfer is complete it's time we hot down to business. Let's all look forward to what could be a great season. We have a bigger war chest than ever. Sounds like Angus is incoming for what appears to be peanuts. Lots of names being mentioned but probably all wrong but we'll see. Excited to see who comes in through the doors as I really believe we will have a better all round squad than ever before. Last time in the PL I some games we were not far off. I predict we will upset some teams next season and comfortably finish mid table. Cmon you yellows. Give us all something to shout about......again

Do you think we’ll be back in CR ?

Angus is coming in from a deal which could rise to £10M with add-ons if the going word is true, so would hardly call it peanuts! But yes, hopefully Emi leaving will trigger a number of transfers going through over the coming weeks. I would imagine a number of deals might be on hold anyway until after the Euro's, but I'm sure Webber was keen to get Emi's exit done so we can get the new troops in ahead of pre-season.

I'd love to be as optimistic as to claim we are capable of finishing midtable, without Skipp and Emi that is a very big ask! Survival will do, even by GD, but I'm confident we can bring in one or two decent players now we have a bit more in the purse to spend

The new strength and conditioning coach, as well as the new physiotherapy facilities might be the smartest move of the lot. I still maintain a lot of people look at our points score last time out and think "abject" without remembering our crisis at centre-half for much of the season.

If we keep our centre-halves fit, we'll have every chance.

Keeping everyone fit is the important issue. Bigger stronger players are need for the physicality of PL

I'm looking forward to some positive football news. I'm not overly excited about signing a backup goalkeeper but it's probably a good bit of business. I'm sure there will be some more interesting names emerging over the next few weeks.

Bring it on so we can stop having to endure the rantings of the deluded bigots who are overrunning the forum defending their right to degrade women.

• Like 3

One thing I will guarantee you is we will spend a lot less than is needed to survive

where the rest of the cash will go who Knows but a mysterious black hole in the finances always seems to appear 

31 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

One thing I will guarantee you is we will spend a lot less than is needed to survive

where the rest of the cash will go who Knows but a mysterious black hole in the finances always seems to appear 

You are never allowed to point that out. 

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Angus is coming in from a deal which could rise to £10M with add-ons if the going word is true, so would hardly call it peanuts! But yes, hopefully Emi leaving will trigger a number of transfers going through over the coming weeks. I would imagine a number of deals might be on hold anyway until after the Euro's, but I'm sure Webber was keen to get Emi's exit done so we can get the new troops in ahead of pre-season.

I'd love to be as optimistic as to claim we are capable of finishing midtable, without Skipp and Emi that is a very big ask! Survival will do, even by GD, but I'm confident we can bring in one or two decent players now we have a bit more in the purse to spend

Angus is worth £2.5m and worth a punt but the third choice at the Saints (21 goals in 16 appearances at Stoke last year). Need to see if we can regain his confidence but won't improve the 1st next season.

Angus is a great signing, he is a good age, and will put Tim under real pressure for the number 1 shirt.  Signing him (and Michael) will allow all the younger keepers to go out on loan so they develop and reach their potential.

17 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Could you point that out to me please, because I can't see it.

Or maybe it's just a hole in your head.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Perhaps you would like to take the opportunity to provide the evidence for the existence of that "black hole"?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Could you point that out to me please, because I can't see it.

Or maybe it's just a hole in your head.

There will be some nonsense about the COVID situation that will suddenly appear meaning we spend less on players, I almost guarantee it 

Just now, horsefly said:

Perhaps you would like to take the opportunity to provide the evidence for the existence of that "black hole"?

Please see my reply above! 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Please see my reply above! 

That is NOT evidence. Accounts are published, please show us where the black hole exists in them.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There will be some nonsense about the COVID situation that will suddenly appear meaning we spend less on players, I almost guarantee it 

So some speculation based on bile & personal prejudice is your evidence.

Please provide examples from previous years' accounts. Put up or shut up.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

We already know the “Covid” situation has cost the club (and every other one) money. 
When it comes to ‘black holes’ in the finances are you accusing the clubs Accountants of fraud? Be careful.

Not getting into black holes (a dangerous thing to do at any time), we are said to have had a £30m loss from Covid last season, so that has to take a bite out of what we get for Emi and Max (if, as looks likely, he's off soon). The transfer budget was said to be £15m before the Buendia deal, so now is said to stand at around £30m as the Emi money will be paid up front. Any money for Max will be more likely to be paid in installments, so the final transfer budget will depend on that plus what can be spared from the PL money coming later.

That's a much better position than we were in the last time we were gearing up for the PL, but we'll just have to wait to see what Webber manages to do with the money available.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

5 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Not getting into black holes (a dangerous thing to do at any time), we are said to have had a £30m loss from Covid last season, so that has to take a bite out of what we get for Emi and Max (if, as looks likely, he's off soon). The transfer budget was said to be £15m before the Buendia deal, so now is said to stand at around £30m as the Emi money will be paid up front. Any money for Max will be more likely to be paid in installments, so the final transfer budget will depend on that plus what can be spared from the PL money coming later.

That's a much better position than we were in the last time we were gearing up for the PL, but we'll just have to wait to see what Webber manages to do with the money available.

Thank you for proving the black hole theory correct. There is always a black hole preventing us from spending on players may it be supposed debt or COVID there is always a reason for us not spending properly to stay in the premier league 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

That is NOT evidence. Accounts are published, please show us where the black hole exists in them.

So you are denying they will use COVID as an excuse for not spending. Let’s see how much is spent by the end of the window but I suspect there will be a £30 million black hole caused by COVID 

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

So you are denying they will use COVID as an excuse for not spending. Let’s see how much is spent by the end of the window but I suspect there will be a £30 million black hole caused by COVID 

Please tell me which club in the country has NOT said that Covid has negatively impacted their revenue? Are you seriously suggesting Norwich should be the only club for which this is not the case? I absolutely do deny they will use covid as an excuse for not spending, precisely because I expect them to spend more money this time round than they have ever done previously. However, you can't simply spend what you don't have (or can't financially cover) and it's obvious to all but you that covid has come at a cost of millions to the club. This is one major reason why the sale of at least one of our top talents was inevitable. Perhaps, as someone with attitudes that belong in a Dickensian age, you might contemplate one of his most famous quotes:

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.”. (David Copperfield)

19 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You are never allowed to point that out. 

Because its demonstrably false, libellous and a lie. Youd literally have to have the IQ of a dead squirrel to not be able to take a simple look at the accounts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

£15m before Buendia sold and now only £30m? 

It was my impression that the first farke/webber promotion was used to get the house in order, pay off any bonds/loans, get the wages and contracts sorted etc and that’s why we spent a very small amount on the squad. We then sold on relegation 2 players for 35-40m but were informed that these were going to have to cover covid losses. Now I believe the average per season for premiership is looking like 6-7% of turnover, some as much as 10% (Spurs for example due to the stadium size) while others less with small grounds. With the Ifollow included I can’t see how that figure for us is 30m but benefit of the doubt for one moment let’s say the whole amount from the two sales is required that still doesn’t explain why Emi’s sale only adds 15m to the transfer pot unless our operational costs are out of control. Do we still need to sell 15m of player talent per season then? And before anyone asked I don’t have the accounts or proof, I’m not in court just asking a question on a forum hoping to be enlightened 

10 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Please tell me which club in the country has NOT said that Covid has negatively impacted their revenue? Are you seriously suggesting Norwich should be the only club for which this is not the case? I absolutely do deny they will use covid as an excuse for not spending, precisely because I expect them to spend more money this time round than they have ever done previously. However, you can't simply spend what you don't have (or can't financially cover) and it's obvious to all but you that covid has come at a cost of millions to the club. This is one major reason why the sale of at least one of our top talents was inevitable. Perhaps, as someone with attitudes that belong in a Dickensian age, you might contemplate one of his most famous quotes:

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.”. (David Copperfield)

The sound of your back tracking is deafening 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We would never put all the money we received from Buendia into the 1st team... the covid effect has hit other teams less, in that the owners will cover the short fall on this, whilst ours had to use the furlough scheme. No way are our owners taking the cash for themselves or doing anything other than what they think is right for the club.. problem is.. with no cash flow, planning goes out the window and you have to sell your crown jewels. 

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not completely unreasonable. They've got to pay wages / bonuses / signing on fees / agent fees, etc.