Jump to content
KeiranShikari

A couple of inclusivity ideas, feel free to add your own

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

As an introductoy welcome to the party. I didn't word the opening post very well.

Use a dictionary next time ............

Hope that helps¬†ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

As a country we are going to hell in a handcart 

Sadly I think we’re already there.

Edited by Naturalcynic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

As a country we are going to hell in a handcart 

I agree, though I suspect that our perspectives may be diametrically opposed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Great idea,

I live away from Norwich so struggle to get to home games but do get to 15 or so away games per season.

I'm White

Mid thirties

No religious beliefs

And can afford a ticket.

Naturally this puts last in queue for a ticket.

 

How long does it take to convert to Islam?

 

 

Actually no religion is very fashionable these days- all the woke warriors are in that camp. Try being a white Christian with a public school background- the modern scapegoats for everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I identify as a bi-sexual, chocolate biscuit - how much discount do you suppose I would get on a nominal ticket price of £50? 

If I throw enough cards into the mix would the club eventually start to owe me money?

As someone else said, I can't tell if the OP is satire or not.

Edited by Paint Me Yellow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

I identify as a bi-sexual, chocolate biscuit

I thought all chocolate biscuits were bi sexual

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Actually no religion is very fashionable these days- all the woke warriors are in that camp. Try being a white Christian with a public school background- the modern scapegoats for everything 

God yes.

Real struggle for those lot- certainly can't think of any in a position of power. 

Certainly not the PM. Or anyone in the Cabinet. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Actually no religion is very fashionable these days- all the woke warriors are in that camp. Try being a white Christian with a public school background- the modern scapegoats for everything 

Agree with this.  having a wife and a couple of kids and just being normal is very much out of fashion. Someone was trying to convince me I should now call myself cisgender. Honestly what is going on with the world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 11/06/2021 at 06:52, KeiranShikari said:

Norwich is an increasingly diverse city yet our fanbase is still incredably white (like seriously, don't season food correctly white). Why is this and why aren't the club (or it's fanbase) doing anything about it?  I'd suggest advertising in mosques, predominantly black churches and in schools.

The reason the fanbase is 'still incredably white' is because the local population is 96.5% white (Norfolk-wide). Norwich City FC are predominantly supported by locals or former locals who have moved away.

Do you know how many mosques are in Norfolk, how many people who attend mosques are interested in supporting Norwich City or even in the sport? According the the stats, around 5,000 people who identify as Muslim live in Norfolk, so the size of the population pool is extremely small. I could be completely wrong, but I suspect there wouldn't be a huge amount of people to engage with within this demographic.

Do you know how many 'predominantly black churches' there are in Norfolk? I'd wager not too many based on the population proportion of a) black people and b) people who go to church.

With this in mind, what proportion of resources is it worth the club aiming at (probably) such a small level of any kind of return?

Edited by Dogbo Daggins
Added context
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I agree perhaps a section of the ground should be set aside for woke fans to make sure their many sensitivities can be taken care of 

How on earth would they even settle on the colour of the seats? Every colour is problematic in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

How on earth would they even settle on the colour of the seats? Every colour is problematic in some way.

At least they’d only need one woke-friendly gender-neutral toilet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, king canary said:

God yes.

Real struggle for those lot- certainly can't think of any in a position of power. 

Certainly not the PM. Or anyone in the Cabinet. 

 

If you think the prime minister is a practising Christian you are either profoundly ignorant about Christianity or else about the Prime Minister- same with many in power. They may tribally identify with a particular Christian denomination but all of their words and actions profess obedience to the modern secular mantra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how Christians are discriminated against?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2021 at 21:52, KeiranShikari said:

Following football is getting more and more expensive and during this pandemic low income families have been hit especially hard. Many young kids will never have experienced the thrill od a Carrow Road atmosphere on match day and long term fans have been driven away. As an inclusive club shouldn't we be doing something about this?

Football is the world game and Norwich is an increasingly diverse city yet our fanbase is still incredably white (like seriously, don't season food correctly white). Why is this and why aren't the club (or it's fanbase) doing anything about it?  I'd suggest advertising in mosques, predominantly black churches and in schools.

We have a couple of thousand casual tickets available for every game and honestlty a community club such as ours should be doing more. I'd suggest we scrap selling these to casual day trippers and give/sell at lower prices to the aforementioned marginalised groups and perhaps others.

Thoughts?

Is football becoming increasingly expensive? Have you looked the relative price of attending Carrow Road now compared to say 10 years ago. We don’t have 2,000 casual tickets to sell each game. We have a membership scheme that allows people who don’t want/cannot afford/cannot get season tickets to attend some games. Should this be abandoned because of your concept of inclusivity?

The problem with your idea is that it immediately creates a divide between fans. There is a huge difference between welcoming people from a huge range of different backgrounds, ethnic groups or religions which I’m sure we all do, to making special provisions for certain groups, which if anything will create resentment and division.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I wonder how Christians are discriminated against?

Well, ignoring what amounts to genocide against Christians in some areas of the middle-east and Africa, some on the left in this country have a tendency to ridicule Christians for their beliefs in a way that they wouldn’t dream of doing for any other religion, except possibly Judaism because anti-semitism seems par for the course amongst Momentum types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Well, ignoring what amounts to genocide against Christians in some areas of the middle-east and Africa, some on the left in this country have a tendency to ridicule Christians for their beliefs in a way that they wouldn’t dream of doing for any other religion, except possibly Judaism because anti-semitism seems par for the course amongst Momentum types.

So in the UK there's very little then. Especially compared to how gays were legally rendered second-class citizens for prolonged periods until David Cameron levelled the scores. (It wasn't the right move, really, as the best move would have been to abolish marriage altogether and ensure equal treatment for single people too, but it was a start).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Well, ignoring what amounts to genocide against Christians in some areas of the middle-east and Africa, some on the left in this country have a tendency to ridicule Christians for their beliefs in a way that they wouldn’t dream of doing for any other religion, except possibly Judaism because anti-semitism seems par for the course amongst Momentum types.

Really?

Any examples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If you think the prime minister is a practising Christian you are either profoundly ignorant about Christianity or else about the Prime Minister- same with many in power. They may tribally identify with a particular Christian denomination but all of their words and actions profess obedience to the modern secular mantra. 

Yes but the fact he, to some extent, has to give the appearance of being Christian suggests its hardly a deeply discriminated against group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2021 at 08:09, Uncle Fred said:

I agree perhaps a section of the ground should be set aside for woke fans to make sure their many sensitivities can be taken care of 

Great idea! The club could revoke the season tickets from grumpy old tw*ts with nothing good to say about the club to make room for such a section. Perhaps you might be able to proffer a name or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Felling a little ‚Äútriggered‚ÄĚ?
 

Not at all. Just wondered if you had any evidence or what you had asserted?

Do you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not at all. Just wondered if you had any evidence or what you had asserted?

Do you?

 

There’s plenty of evidence of carnage against Christian communities in other parts of the world, and numerous examples of some activists on the left ridiculing Christians for some of their beliefs or taking them to court because their beliefs run contrary to the woke agenda, but life’s too short to go trawling through Google searching for specific examples to engage in a pointless back and forth argument with a left-wing zealot such as yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

There’s plenty of evidence of carnage against Christian communities in other parts of the world, and numerous examples of some activists on the left ridiculing Christians for some of their beliefs or taking them to court because their beliefs run contrary to the woke agenda, but life’s too short to go trawling through Google searching for specific examples to engage in a pointless back and forth argument with a left-wing zealot such as yourself.

And by the same token, there's plenty of evidence of the religious exerting discrimination against other quarters, gay marriage being a particularly clear example that was enshrined in law until relatively recently - and indeed is also heavily discriminated against in many countries worldwide even to this day.

Besides, aren't plenty of the court cases you mention due to the religious engaging in discriminatory behaviour themselves?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

woke agenda,

If you're going to accuse other people of being "left wing zealots" (Badger), best not to use utterly meaningless right-wing pejorative nonsense phrases like "woke agenda". Think you'll find courts are only willing to hear cases alleging breaches of law, not cases concerning upsetting "woke" sensibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

And by the same token, there's plenty of evidence of the religious exerting discrimination against other quarters, gay marriage being a particularly clear example that was enshrined in law until relatively recently - and indeed is also heavily discriminated against in many countries worldwide even to this day.

Besides, aren't plenty of the court cases you mention due to the religious engaging in discriminatory behaviour themselves?

Perhaps they are, but you make my point for me.  Activists have deliberately targeted Christian owners of bakeries, guest houses etc so that they can claim offence and discrimination, but give me an example of when the left targeted bakers or hoteliers of other religions who have equally un-woke beliefs (e.g Islam).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Perhaps they are, but you make my point for me.  Activists have deliberately targeted Christian owners of bakeries, guest houses etc so that they can claim offence and discrimination, but give me an example of when the left targeted bakers or hoteliers of other religions who have equally un-woke beliefs (e.g Islam).

That's because the Christian owners in question ARE engaging in discriminatory behaviour. The fact is, they were found to be and were treated accordingly.

This statement from the BHA sums it up tidily. Religious folk are protected for their beliefs provided they don't harm others. If they want to believe the Earth is 6,000 years old, fine, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Christian hotel owners lose appeal against discrimination ruling - British Humanist Association Press Room (cision.com)

Edited by TheGunnShow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see this degenerating into a religious back and forth: imo religion has been used (as a reason/excuse) by some people to behave abhorrently towards others for centuries, be it on a micro or macro level. In that respect many are no better or worse than any others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

numerous examples of some activists on the left ridiculing Christians for some of their beliefs or taking them to court because their beliefs run contrary to the woke agenda, but life’s too short to go trawling through Google searching for specific examples

So in other words, there are "numerous examples" but you can't think of any without trawling through Google to search for them.

A direct response to my question of "do you have any evidence to support this," would be, "no I don't."ūü§Ē

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a Christian but I find it hard to believe that I have the same faith as the right wing Christian Trump supporters in America.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Angry said:

I’m a Christian but I find it hard to believe that I have the same faith as the right wing Christian Trump supporters in America.

A very fair point, and evangelicals muddy the water for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...