Brilliant film about Cough and Leeds that was on tv this week. 

There is a small clip of Derby playing at Carrow Road. I have no memory of the game at all but I'd love to see the rest of the footage 

20210610_183114.thumb.jpg.a79e00f511d6ac73f1ba32fe639bb183.jpg20210610_182929.thumb.jpg.4e5e093d1ba634b9ec5268b6f128f339.jpg

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Brilliant film about Cough and Leeds that was on tv this week. 

There is a small clip of Derby playing at Carrow Road. I have no memory of the game at all but I'd love to see the rest of the footage 

20210610_183114.thumb.jpg.a79e00f511d6ac73f1ba32fe639bb183.jpg20210610_182929.thumb.jpg.4e5e093d1ba634b9ec5268b6f128f339.jpg

Love that film, Sheen nailed the voice and is such a good actor. 

Brilliant film, I love the acting of Michael Sheen, absolutely spot on for the film

• Like 1

Thought that might have been the night Lol Morgan lost his job and then went onto the terraces to watch the game against Derby which I think we lost 4-2.  Miserable night of cold and rain if I remember right, however that would have been 1969.   

11 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Enjoyed the book but missed the film. Hope it’s on again soon.

It's currently on BBC iPlayer if you wish to watch it......

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Gray

Oxymoron, Edmonds, Jugg, Ward

James, Scabies, West

Morrison 

Vanian, Sensible 

🤔 not a bad team, I suppose 

Yeah it looks 'Neat Neat Neat'.....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Gray

Oxymoron, Edmonds, Jugg, Ward

James, Scabies, West

Morrison 

Vanian, Sensible 

🤔 not a bad team, I suppose 

20 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

It's currently on BBC iPlayer if you wish to watch it......

Thanks Mello 👍

I was at that match. We lost 1-4. Willie Carlin and Dave Mackay played us off the pitch. 1969.

Awful season. Won away at Dochertys Villa first game. Lost 0-2 to nine man Boro at home next match.

The book and the film are completely different. 

I didn’t enjoy the book. It is full of awful (and unnecessary) language. 

The Clough family hated it, for the way it portrays Brian. It is largely fictional, in that it claims to see his thoughts, but is woven around certain key events, to validate them somewhat. 

They were scared of what the film would do to his memory, but the producer, director and the fabulous Sheen decided they were going to stick to the largely accurate and biographical facts. 

Hence, it is a wonderful film and was welcomed by the great man’s family. 

It was filmed at Saltergate (Chesterfield’s old ground) and did alter chronologically some events, but other than that, is the closest screen version of Cloughie’s actual autobiography, which is a great read. 

• Like 1

Great film, need to read the book.

Slightly of topic but does anyone else remember the "match of the 70s" show, narrated by Dennis Waterman,each episode covering the games and stories of each season

Thats worth a look, if you like 70s football, think it's on YouTube 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Two years out

Ha yes, was coming on to say you gentlemen were right (should anyway have realised the context was wrong for '67), but you beat me to it. Strangely don't remember the 1969 match even though I may well have been there or would certainly have read every line of edp/pink coverage in those days .... the fog of time!

Cant believe any self-respecting city fan can laud Brian Clough after what he did to Justin Fashanu. Singlehandedly destroyed his career due to his vile bigotry.

I respect his achievements as a coach, but he was a horrible ****. Not bothered that it was a different time/era, still a horrible ****.

• Like 1

He wouldn't last five minutes in the game today, but at the time was rightly labellled "the best manager England never had."