cambridgeshire canary

CLUB STATEMENT- BK8 CONTRACT TERMINATED

I wonder if or how many shirts had already been made with the BK8 logo on them !

18 minutes ago, K Lo said:

I wonder if or how many shirts had already been made with the BK8 logo on them !

The club said none - but there were pics of a few players wearing polo shirts with the logo on, so presumably some promo stuff was made.

This is the consequence of the self appointed board of directors...i.e The Canaries Trust and others of that ilk have had.

Does the club now have to run every business decision by this lot , who apparantly believe they represent everyone, in the future?

There's a hole in the club's finances over a storm in a tea cup....and its on them.

Screenshot_2021-06-11-14-43-14.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Who mentioned "hate?"

Get a grip!

So, you're getting "more than p-issed off" at being "told how to think" by "that Markle nonentity and the dopey little puppy dog she married".

"P-issed off" to the point that you mentioned it in a thread about a Norwich shirt sponsor. Yet I'm the one who needs to get a grip? Hilarious

How many times have you met Megan and Harry and what exactly did they tell you to think? Or did you, in fact, read it in the Daily Mail/Telegraph/a meme your mate Nigel posted on Facebook?

Edited by kirku
  • Like 3

I for one am glad that the club let the supporters trust hold their decisions to account. It makes me proud to be a Norwich Fan. 

If all we care about is the amount of money the club can bring in, we might as well rename the stadium the "BK8 Sausage Arena", refranchise to Milton Keynes and change the shirt colour to red so we sell more kits in the far east. We could probably buy two more players with that cash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine being so wound up on finding out that the club actually does listen to its fans and acts on it, for once.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

So, you're getting "more than p-issed off" at being "told how to think" by "that Markle nonentity and the dopey little puppy dog she married".

"P-issed off" to the point that you mentioned it in a thread about a Norwich shirt sponsor. Yet I'm the one who needs to get a grip? Hilarious

How many times have you met Megan and Harry and what exactly did they tell you to think? Or did you, in fact, read it in the Daily Mail/Telegraph/a meme your mate Nigel posted on Facebook?

What are you on?

It might have been a thread about a shirt sponsor, but you clearly seemed to have missed the other more concerning issues mentioned in that debate, and indeed by the poster I was responding to.

You also seem unaware of some of the stuff Markle has uttered in her regular YouTube lectures. I suggest you tune in. You seem under-informed and your reference to the Daily Mail and The Telegraph confirm this.

I realise that this is the PinkUn site and a degree of nonsense is to be expected occasionally but I'm going to repeat your first utterance just to point it out for it's idiocy:- 

"You might want to think about why you're being whipped up to hate two people you've never met and who have absolutely zero impact on your life.."

(1) I originally merely said I am fed up with being told what to think by people I have no respect for. Right on cue you pop up to tell me what I might want to think (highlighted.)

My short answer to that is "p-iss off."

(2) I mentioned  disrespect. You decided that this meant that I was "being whipped up to hatred." Hilarious? Yes you got it in one.

(3) I wasn't aware that having disrespect for someone meant you had to have met them, or indeed have had them made any "impact upon one's life."

I've never met Fred West , but I have no respect for him. To bring things closure to home, and so as to not confuse you, I have no respect for Piers Morgan either,  although I have never met him and he has absolutely zero impact upon my life either.

Don't bother to respond to this posting because I won't concern myself with you. Its not just that "respect" factor coming into play again its that it will likely turn into a spat lasting pages which, although I am very fully up for, will be disrespectful to other posters on this forum.

Btw, your mention of Farage, who I have met twice, possibly three times, as "my mate" is immature, ill-informed  and irrelevant.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Btw, your mention of Farage, who I have met twice, possibly three times, as "my mate" is immature, ill-informed  and irrelevant.

I had absolutely no idea you'd met Farage, let alone on multiple occasions, I simply picked a common name. It is all starting to make sense now, though.

It's sad how easily you, and plenty of other people, have been manipulated to pick a side in a fake culture war.

Here you are, arguing with strangers on the internet, on a football forum, in a topic about sponsorship, telling us how angry you are that a "non-entity" is "telling you what to think" (by the way, if she is a "non-entity" why are you so angry about what she thinks? Interesting mental gymnastics to hold those two opinions..). 

Whose interest does your anger serve? It's been manufactured by someone. It's not Megan Markle but your acquaintance Nigel might hold some clues..

Edited by kirku

35 minutes ago, kirku said:

I had absolutely no idea you'd met Farage, let alone on multiple occasions, I simply picked a common name. It is all starting to make sense now, though.

It's sad how easily you, and plenty of other people, have been manipulated to pick a side in a fake culture war.

Here you are, arguing with strangers on the internet, on a football forum, in a topic about sponsorship, telling us how angry you are that a "non-entity" is "telling you what to think" (by the way, if she is a "non-entity" why are you so angry about what she thinks? Interesting mental gymnastics to hold those two opinions..). 

Whose interest does your anger serve? It's been manufactured by someone. It's not Megan Markle but your acquaintance Nigel might hold some clues..

"  I had absolutely no idea you'd met Farage ..." No?                    

Strange that. I might just ask myself why he was mentiond as "my mate" out of the blue.

I don't believe you. There is clearly some prior-to there.

Your crap about manipulation , intended to insult no doubt, just merely highlights issues you have ... not any I'm bothered by

You also seem to have this desperate need to mis-represent other people's words.

Bring "p-issed off" is now converted to "anger."

Nobody's angry, although you are beginning to irritate me, especially as as a fair degree of effort is needed to even begin to  interpret some of your nonsense whilst your need to use second-hand and meaningless phrases like "mental gymnastics"  as a result  of your own concocted level of thinking just amuses.

I repeat what I said about a disrespectful spat, so resist having the last word (as I should have done), however hard that may be for you. 

Keep your issues on the shelf. You'll certainly need them at hand one day. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

"  I had absolutely no idea you'd met Farage ..." No?                    

Strange that. I might just ask myself why he was mentiond as "my mate" out of the blue.

I don't believe you. There is clearly some prior-to there.

Your crap about manipulation , intended to insult no doubt, just merely highlights issues you have ... not any I'm bothered by

You also seem to have this desperate need to mis-represent other people's words.

Bring "p-issed off" is now converted to "anger."

Nobody's angry, although you are beginning to irritate me, especially as as a fair degree of effort is needed to even begin tp  interpret some of your nonsense and your need to use second-hand and meaningless phrases like "mental gymnastics"  as a result  of your own concocted level of thinking.

I repeat what I said about a disrespectful spat, so resist having the last word (as I should have done), however hard that may be for you. 

Keep your issues on the shelf. You'll certainly need them at hand one day. 

😂

Imagine being so wrapped up in your own self-importance that you think we know which events you've been to and which notable racists also attended.

Or that Megan Markle gives a flying f**k what you think.

Delusional.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This is the consequence of the self appointed board of directors...i.e The Canaries Trust and others of that ilk have had.

Does the club now have to run every business decision by this lot , who apparantly believe they represent everyone, in the future?

There's a hole in the club's finances over a storm in a tea cup....and its on them.

Important post

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

By that ilk you mean the one man Zimbabwean Canaries, the two man Talk Norwich City and the three man ACN who have aligned with the Trust over this.

Are people really still banging on about this? 

It's been done, it was necessary to do it, given the links to hard **** that could allegedly be traced through that company.

It was a mistake, it's been rectified so we can move on, with a new opportunity for someone else to be sponsors, maybe multiple sponsors, who knows, even possibly to get the same amount of money in the process.

As for supporters groups, what do you expect them to do, not say anything???  Nothing wrong that I can see in a group oif supporters putting across their views.  Perhaps if other people started their own groups so they could put out statements too, then that might be of more use. Otherwise, it sounds a bit like jealousy.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

😂

Imagine being so wrapped up in your own self-importance that you think we know which events you've been to and which notable racists also attended.

Or that Megan Markle gives a flying f**k what you think.

Delusional.

Personal insults now is it? Never a good debating stance. 

As for the Farage bit, its something else you have got completely wrong. I live in the South East. He is a Man of Kent and was my MEP and occasionally drank in the pub I use here in Broadstairs.

I mentioned it once on this forum and said he was good company (except when talking Crystal Palace.) I made no mention of agreeing or otherwise with his views, btw. Let's not upset you further.

Get it now?

(In fact he never spoke politics when off-duty.)

Did I mention needing Markle's approval of what I think of her? That was just a daft remark.

I didn't intend taking this further but the need for a silly little face, the last word and the street coner boy insults left you vulnerable.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Personal insults now is it? Never a good debating stance.

As for the Farage bit, its something else you have got completely wrong. I live in the South East. He was my MEP and occasionally drank in the pub I use here in Broadstairs.

I mentioned it once on this forum and said he was good company. I made no mention of agreeing with his views, btw. Let's not upset you further. Get it now?

In fact he never spoke politics when off-duty.

Did I mention needing Markle's approval of what I think of her? That was just a daft remark.

I didn't intend taking this further but the need for a silly little face, the last word and the street coner boy insults left you vulnerable.

gets popcorn..................

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

gets popcorn..................

You'll find the football more interesting than all this pointless crap.

Even Emmerdale should be better.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

You'll find the football more interesting than all this pointless crap.

Even Emmerdale should be better.

Just find it amusing that there is someone else who has a differing view to yours, which of course they are entitled to, but you appear to take exception to, again. 

I will be watching the match at 8pm, but can multi-task so may be on here too - may not. Its a wild life I lead! 

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As for supporters groups, what do you expect them to do, not say anything???  Nothing wrong that I can see in a group oif supporters putting across their views.  Perhaps if other people started their own groups so they could put out statements too, then that might be of more use. Otherwise, it sounds a bit like jealousy.

There is a difference Lakey between what you describe as a group of supporters and supporters groups.

The Club got hammered on social media from hundreds if not thousands of individual fans together with receiving a barrage of e-mails. Add to that the club partners who help finance other sponsorship who put the club under intense pressure and there you have the true reason why BK8 were shown the door . The silent majority you could call them i suppose.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Just find it amusing that there is someone else who has a differing view to yours, which of course they are entitled to, but you appear to take exception to, again. 

I will be watching the match at 8pm, but can multi-task so may be on here too - may not. Its a wild life I lead! 

Read back fella. It was the other way around actually. 

You can search this forum back to day one and you will note I have never started an argument. If someone wants a pop at me, then its a different matter.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Read back fella. It was the other way around actually. 

You can search this forum back to day one and you will note I have never started an argument. If someone wants a pop at me, then its a different matter.

Lets agree to disagree on that one then! 

Enjoy the match later, Fella. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Man who's angry that black female celebrity has opinions shocked to find out that strangers on the internet don't agree with him.

I think I called it right the first time 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

There is a difference Lakey between what you describe as a group of supporters and supporters groups.

Quite right Tilly, 

But what about when the people at the head of the group of supporters podcast who are Fans of the season? Surely they have elite status?!  

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Man who's angry that black female celebrity has opinions shocked to find out that strangers on the internet don't agree with him.

I think I called it right the first time 😂

"Angry?" Another word-twister.

Just watch the football fella and enjoy your popcorn.

Leave improving your skills at comprehension until tomorrow.

I can't be arsed.

Edited by BroadstairsR

34 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Angry?" Another word-twister.

Just watch the football fella and enjoy your popcorn.

Leave improving your skills at comprehension until tomorrow.

I can't be arsed.

👍

Cheer up, old man.

I'm sure you and your best mate Nige will be able to get together soon for a few jars and a good old moan about all those horrible refugees coming over here  🍻

25 minutes ago, kirku said:

👍

Cheer up, old man.

I'm sure you and your best mate Nige will be able to get together soon for a few jars and a good old moan about all those horrible refugees coming over here  🍻

Don't talk absolute ****e about something you know nothing about.

I've seen some of those 'horrible refugees' landing, on more than one occasion, on our nearby  beaches.

It brings tears to the eyes. It's pitiful, horrible and heartbreaking. There are young (very) and old alike, all desperate and frightened.

Just get the fcuk off this  thread if you need to sink so low with such stupid remarks.

Edited by BroadstairsR

43 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just get the fcuk off this  thread if you need to sink so low with such stupid remarks.

You really don't get it, do you?

1 minute ago, kirku said:

You really don't get it, do you?

Just apologise and stop trying to be clever. It doesn't become you.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just apologise and stop trying to be clever. It doesn't become you.

Feel free to add satire to the list of things that befuddles you about the modern world, hypocrite.

Edited by kirku

How long did it take you to come up with that gem?

Satire? It was anything but satire. Genuine satire needs a brain behind it.

I'd prefer to label it cheap, crass and immature stupidity.

As a man of the modern world you should be able to work out when an apology is needed for what was a thoroughly tasteless mistake.

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Oh boo bloody hoo. Club earning £170m guaranteed this season misses out on £5m pay day because they aligned themselves with a bunch of sausage swallowing sexists.

Either you have no principles GJL or yours can be bought. Which is it?